Pre-Game Talk: Week to Get Back (To Where You Once Belong) [@VAN; @CGY; @EDM]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Dater saying it's likely a MCL injury to Mack.

Ugh. We lose our top two centers at the most important time of the season. To make matters worse, they just happen to be the two guys who like to use their speed the most and it's knee injuries for both of them.

ColoradoSportsFan

Jul 16, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I used to know this stuff but is been a while. So feel free to correct me. But I think if it's just a sprain he would miss some time but might be able to make it back for the playoffs (depending on his pain tolerance). If it's a tear he would be out until training camp depending on the severity.

But I don't think MCL is AS bad as an ACL.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I used to know this stuff but is been a while. So feel free to correct me. But I think if it's just a sprain he would miss some time but might be able to make it back for the playoffs (depending on his pain tolerance). If it's a tear he would be out until training camp depending on the severity.

But I don't think MCL is AS bad as an ACL.

MCL definitely isn't as bad as an ACL but he could still be out for a while depending on how bad it is. Everyone is different but I believe Duchene missed close to a month when he had his MCL sprain.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
MCL is bad news for the short term but long term he will be fine. Duchene's injury is probably MCL too but slight and diagnosed quicker.. Its more uncommon to hurt ACL in hockey, I'm not worried about that. I'd say exactly like what happened two years ago with Duchene is a reasonable timeline and expectation. I believe MacK hurt his knee last year in Halifax, was supposed to miss a month but held him out until the playoffs, so the timeline is tougher to judge there.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Damn my thinking that Duchene will be stuck at 29 might happen sadly. I was just thinking the other day that this team has been relatively injury free compared to years past and BOOM 2 of our centreman are out. When it rains it pours.

avspatti

Dec 1, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
The problem isn't depth and defense. The problem is the mental make up of the team. The inconsistent play. The inconsistent effort. The blown leads. This team is mentally fragile.

When a team is struggling you don't make a change just for the sake of it. You make a change because the current players are not getting the job done.

They might be leading the team in points, but they are not leading the team to wins. Seriously, the mental aspect of sports is just as important as talent. If we miss the playoffs it will be because we are mentally weak. This team folds under pressure constantly. Everything was great that first year when there was no pressure to win and getting out to a great start certainly helped. But as soon as the regular season was over and they actually felt some pressure.....

And as you said, the core is driving the team.

So how about a few sessions with a sports psychologist? Work on mental toughness.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Our talent have their buns in the oven so to speak whereas rnh is trying to turn it on . . .

Our guys are PREGNANT????? LOL

giphy.gif

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Damn my thinking that Duchene will be stuck at 29 might happen sadly. I was just thinking the other day that this team has been relatively injury free compared to years past and BOOM 2 of our centreman are out. When it rains it pours.

Now well have to hear not only how hes never scored ppg but never hit 30 goals aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad