Pre-Game Talk: Week of the road warriors @SEA (Tuesday @6:30PM) @UTAH (Thursday @7:00PM)

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
1729692884909.png

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
What would you guys think about pencilling in Colton long-term on the first line? Allow Drouin and Nuke to play on Mittelstadt's line. He seems to have legit scoring skill when put with elite playmakers. Certainly more than Drouin and maybe more than Lehkonen. Maybe he'll turn into our Zach Hyman.

Then see if one of LOC, Kovalenko, or Lehkonen can play 3C. The other 2 can play wing. That'd be a tough 3rd line to play against. Then you'd have a 4th line of Kiviranta, Wood and Kelly (or Ivan Ivan).

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What would you guys think about pencilling in Colton long-term on the first line? Allow Drouin and Nuke to play on Mittelstadt's line. He seems to have legit scoring skill when put with elite playmakers. Certainly more than Drouin and maybe more than Lehkonen. Maybe he'll turn into our Zach Hyman.

Then see if one of LOC, Kovalenko, or Lehkonen can play 3C. The other 2 can play wing. That'd be a tough 3rd line to play against. Then you'd have a 4th line of Kiviranta, Wood and Kelly (or Ivan Ivan).
This is a long way of saying trade Lehky... get him boys!

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I wonder whether Mittelstadt and Drouin would mesh well. Though Mitteldtadt has impressed me so far this season.

Can’t run a 3rd line without a legit center.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I wonder whether Mittelstadt and Drouin would mesh well. Though Mitteldtadt has impressed me so far this season.

I believe they've already played together and seemed to click really well, I'd just be concerned about the lack of a really big shot with those two paired up, definitely limits who you could put on that RW.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Wasn't Kelly a center in Ottawa, and I've said this before I think he's supposed to be our 4c " once " healthy.
No... he has not played center consistently since he played at Prince Albert. He also was mostly a winger his final couple seasons there. Some center in 17-18, but really 16-17 was his last go round at being a full time center.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

I dont think so, which is IMO the biggest problem around Colton being a full time Winger... Drouin basically already has that 1LW spot locked up.

I really wish Bednar would just  try a couple of weeks with Mack/Mikko split up. Because I really think something like this:

Colton - Mack - Drouin
Lehky - Mitts - Mikko
Landy - ???? - Nuke

Would be one hell of a Top 9. Just need a 3C.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ross Colton is on a hot streak while we are in a time of need.

He is not a 22 minute a night, first line forward when we are healthy.

Sorry to burst some bubbles.

Reactions: Avs9296

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad