Pre-Game Talk: Week of the road warriors @SEA (Tuesday @6:30PM) @UTAH (Thursday @7:00PM)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That part I agree with.

I just don’t get your, it says more about the avs than it does Georgiev.

IMO, it’s the opposite. No goalie has sucked that hard in consecutive starts.

No, teams just don't keep giving starts to goalies with that kind of numbers.

When you say his play is inexcusable, you're implying that he could fix it if he wanted to. He can't.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Toews warming up? Annunen in goal?

Sounds so good that it will somehow be a dissapointing loss!

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Oh no it's an ESPN broadcast. Wanted to watch my first live game this season, but I don't know now..

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
No, teams just don't keep giving starts to goalies with that kind of numbers.

When you say his play is inexcusable, you're implying that he could fix it if he wanted to. He can't.
Chicken and the egg.

Goalies don’t keep putting up those numbers with consecutive starts.

Georgiev has been mentally broken for a while now. Why only now is he putting up historically bad numbers?
Why didn’t he crumble like this in the playoffs last year?
Or any other point last year where he had bad starts?

It’s because he corrected it himself like every other goalie has. They all deal with mental issues. They work through it.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chicken and the egg.

Goalies don’t keep putting up those numbers with consecutive starts.

Georgiev has been mentally broken for a while now. Why only now is he putting up historically bad numbers?
Why didn’t he crumble like this in the playoffs last year?
Or any other point last year where he had bad starts?

It’s because he corrected it himself like every other goalie has. They all deal with mental issues. They work through it.
Jack Campbell didn't get the memo.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Jack Campbell didn't get the memo.
lol the Jack Camp elk that’s essentially never been given another chance since his 5 game season last year?

Let me ask you a question.

If Georgiev has a decently good game next start, does that mean he’s solved his mental issue?

Or is your assertion that while a guy is battling in his mind, it’s impossible for him to perform to at least an acceptable level?

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
Alright alright alright Avs faithful it's another game for the beloved Avs and Toewzer is back awesome and George is back in net and about to steal the game for the Avalanche go Avs go.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Sure. But not with teams continuing putting them on the crease. You know how Toronto fixed Samsonov? By f***ing waiving him.
I do take issue with Bednar going repeatedly to Georgiev.

I also take issue to completely absolving Georgiev of responsibility by saying, “well, he shouldn’t be playing. If he plays bad, it’s the avs fault for starting him”

Like what? No, being started when you’re not in a good place doesn’t mean you get to absolute stink up the place and perform worse than EVERY OTHER GOALIE EVER.

Both parties draw responsibility in his bad play.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
lol the Jack Camp elk that’s essentially never been given another chance since his 5 game season last year?

Let me ask you a question.

If Georgiev has a decently good game next start, does that mean he’s solved his mental issue?
He's mentally cooked and him having a couple of good games would be a disaster for the Avs as CMac would start believing in him again. They need to move on.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I do take issue with Bednar going repeatedly to Georgiev.

I also take issue to completely absolving Georgiev of responsibility by saying, “well, he shouldn’t be playing. If he plays bad, it’s the AB’s fault for starting him”

Like what? No, being started when you’re not in a. Good place doesn’t mean you get to absolute stink up the place and perform worse than EVERY OTHER GOALIE EVER.

Both parties draw responsibility in his bad play.
No, you need to understand how things work in life. If you are the boss, you are responsible how your subordinates do the job. If they do a shit job, it's ALWAYS on you. You either fix them, or remove them. You can't expect them to fix themselves. Georgiev isn't going to quit. It's on Bednar to not allow him back in the net when he clearly can't perform.

If you work at McDonalds and constantly undercook the fries to the customer, the shift supervisor and resteurant manager are not just going to continue throwing you down there to the fryer expecting you to learn and fix your shitty work. You are pulled aside and taught, or removed altogether. You can apply this to any job. Even goaltending in the NHL for 31 other teams, but the Avs were the exeption to the rule. Now thankfully, Bednar is giving Annunen another go.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No, you need to understand how things work in life. If you are the boss, you are responsible how your subordinates do the job. If they do a shit job, it's ALWAYS on you. You either fix them, or remove them. You can't expect them to fix themselves. Georgiev isn't going to quit. It's on Bednar to not allow him back in the net when he clearly can't perform.
It's like some people here never had a real job. If I can't do my job for whatever reason and my boss keeps me there it's on him.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
He's mentally cooked and him having a couple of good games would be a disaster for the Avs as CMac would start believing in him again. They need to move on.
I understand that. But it’s tangential to the argument. I get that him playing well is bad in the overall scheme of things for the avs.

Doesn’t really address the overarching point.

The avs AND Georgiev are responsible for his shit play. I just hate absolving people of their responsibilities.

If you work at McDonalds and constantly undercook the fries to the customer, the shift supervisor and resteurant manager are not just going to continue throwing you down there to the fryer expecting you to learn and fix your shitty work. You are pulled aside and taught, or removed altogether. You can apply this to any job. Even goaltending in the NHL for 31 other teams, but the Avs were the exeption to the rule. Now thankfully, Bednar is giving Annunen another go.
Thanks for the life lesson.

It’s fascinating how the argument continues to shift from my original point.

I’ll excuse myself from the discussion.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I understand that. But it’s tangential to the argument. I get that him playing well is bad in the overall scheme of things for the avs.

Doesn’t really address the overarching point.

The avs AND Georgiev are responsible for his shit play. I just hate absolving people of their responsibilities.
I don't believe for a second that Georgiev can do anything about it. If he could he would have done it a long time ago, it may sound strange but he's not playing like that out of spite just to piss people off.

Only Cmac and Bednar (to a lesser extent) can fix this situation so these are the two people that should get all the heat.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It's not absolving Georgiev of his shitty play. He is solely responsible for that. The Avs (and especially Bednar) are responsible for putting him on the ice to continue doing that shit. Two different things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad