Pre-Game Talk: Week of Make a F***ing Save, Damnit! vs NYI (Mon 7PM); vs BOS (Wed 7:30PM); vs ANA (Fri 7PM); @ SJ (Sun 6PM)

How many goaltenders will play for the Avs this week?

Votes: 7 12.5%

Votes: 4 7.1%

Votes: 25 44.6%

Votes: 5 8.9%

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Toews coming back would be fantastic... But am I crazy for thinking it would be nice to see G and Makar stay as a pairing for now?

IMHO Cale has looked significantly better since being partnered with G. Even better then he looked with Toews early on and quite frankly for a lot of last year.

I'd keep those two together for now and then quite honestly I'd maybe try Toews with Malinski a bit and see if he can have a similar impact on his game as what he was able to do with Makar.

Or just pair Toews with Manson, but I think something like:

G - Makar
Toews - Malinski
Ludwig - Manson

Would be a really well balanced group where you can also throw the Manson pairing out for most defensive starts.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Toews coming back would be fantastic... But am I crazy for thinking it would be nice to see G and Makar stay as a pairing for now?

IMHO Cale has looked significantly better since being partnered with G. Even better then he looked with Toews early on and quite frankly for a lot of last year.

I'd keep those two together for now and then quite honestly I'd maybe try Toews with Malinski a bit and see if he can have a similar impact on his game as what he was able to do with Makar.

G - Makar
Toews - Malinski
Ludwig - Manson

Would be a really well balanced group where you can also throw the Manson pairing out for most defensive starts.
They look good in the offensive zone but a disaster defensively

Reactions: Elbombatzo

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

G - Makar
Toews - Malinski
Ludwig - Manson

Yeah I think it’d make a lot of sense to keep them together. Being out against the same guys as the top line plays more to Girards strengths imo and Toews-Manson could be a really solid pairing that should be a really decent at shutting guys down imo.

Reactions: cinchronicity

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Certainly not close to accurate lol.

Edit:

Scoring chances are 29-10 in the last two games. High Danger chances are 15-3, when Girard has been on the ice. For Cale, it's 24-9 and 10-1.
What about just last game? I didn't look them up but it's obvious the numbers would be skewed if you include the Anaheim game. It'd be tough to find anyone who had bad numbers that game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
What about just last game? I didn't look them up but it's obvious the numbers would be skewed if you include the Anaheim game. It'd be tough to find anyone who had bad numbers that game.
They didn't give up any high danger and were up 7-4 on standard chances at 5v5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad