Pre-Game Talk: Week of Make a F***ing Save, Damnit! vs NYI (Mon 7PM); vs BOS (Wed 7:30PM); vs ANA (Fri 7PM); @ SJ (Sun 6PM)

How many goaltenders will play for the Avs this week?

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 20 54.1%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Why in the hell did they re-sign Justus if they can't trust him to make a single start.
Annunen had arbitration rights and with the numbers he was putting up, regardless of his ability, they wanted to get in front of it. I do think it was a pretty large mistake not even bringing in a #3G to compete with him. Leaving that to waivers here seems like a large oversight.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Bednar is desperate for Georgie to grow a pair and take command of the crease. An inexperienced, wildcard guy isn't going to lead you to a Cup and neither is a waiver wire guy. The problem is that at this point, Georgie is very clearly, obviously not that guy. They're still just grasping at the flashes he showed his first year here. It's a tough spot to be in.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
But LA and Ottawa at least recognized their previous goalies weren't cutting it and made moves to attempt to fix it.

Avs just sat back and said Georgiev is the guy again.
if they keep giving him all the starts at one point he'll get better and CMac will conclude that he's back on track and keep him

that's the plan anyway

• Wow
Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I find it funny how CMac said in his presser recently (about trading Brannstrom) that there’s no sense in hanging on when it doesn’t work.

He’s essentially been doing exactly that with Georgiev for a year now. The guy has ONE shutout in his last 50 games. Forget stealing a game here and there, they’re trying to win despite him.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad