Pre-Game Talk: Week of Drop the F'n Puck: @VGK(Wed 8PM), vCBJ(Sat 7PM)

How many points this week?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ceremony

How I choose to feel is how I am
Jun 8, 2012
Why wouldn't we give a raise to an All-Star goalie who led his team to the Cup in 2025?
Seeing Kuemper win the cup with the worst stats since the black and white days was a good laugh, now let's see it with someone who's worse and a colossal arse into the bargain.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I know I’m not very popular around here these days but hypothetically speaking, say after the first 9 games Ritchie has 2-3 points, hasn’t really impressed defensively and is only getting 12-13 minutes a game and minimal PP time, but Lehkonen isn’t ready to go yet. Does he stay or go back to junior? I know his play is largely going to dictate what happens after those 9 games, but it is significant that all other 19 year old first rounders were sent back to their junior teams, including Easton Cowan, whose further ahead in development than Ritchie imo.

I dunno man, let’s watch the games and find out.

Reactions: Leviathan899

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Does Chris cut his own hair... in the mirror?

Kinda looks like this guy
s-l1600.webp

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Does Chris cut his own hair... in the mirror?

One line caught me in this when he was talking about Val's status. He was talking about how the team has so little involvement, but whenever he communicated with the doctors they got right back to him and are pleased with where he's at.

But then he adds, "Of course, they've been happy with where he's at the previous two times as well."

Sounds like he might be throwing some shade at the programs way.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
One line caught me in this when he was talking about Val's status. He was talking about how the team has so little involvement, but whenever he communicated with the doctors they got right back to him and are pleased with where he's at.

But then he adds, "Of course, they've been happy with where he's at the previous two times as well."

Sounds like he might be throwing some shade at the programs way.
I took more as shade at Nuke. Especially when combined with Nuke having to understand how he hurt the team in the playoffs statement.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I took more as shade at Nuke. Especially when combined with Nuke having to understand how he hurt the team in the playoffs statement.
Yeah, you're probably right. I was probably projecting my beef with the program on him a bit there.

What was your take on the bit where he was discussing all the unknowns about when Nuke comes back. He mentioned conditioning a couple of times and even the potential for an injury for getting back into a game too soon. Is he being actually sincere here and letting fans know that there's a chance Nuke could be cleared to play, but still not be ready to play. Or is this an indication that Nuke could potentially stay on LTIR past November umpty-squat? We don't gain anything by him being on LTIR do we? Unless we've activated one of the other injured folks before Nuke and cap space gets squirrely.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, you're probably right. I was probably projecting my beef with the program on him a bit there.

What was your take on the bit where he was discussing all the unknowns about when Nuke comes back. He mentioned conditioning a couple of times and even the potential for an injury for getting back into a game too soon. Is he being actually sincere here and letting fans know that there's a chance Nuke could be cleared to play, but still not be ready to play. Or is this an indication that Nuke could potentially stay on LTIR past November umpty-squat? We don't gain anything by him being on LTIR do we? Unless we've activated one of the other injured folks before Nuke and cap space gets squirrely.
I think he was just simply saying when he’s cleared, he won’t be in right away. They’ll need time to get him up to speed and in game shape. He won’t be on LTIR though… once he’s activated and on the cap regardless of if he plays.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think he was just simply saying when he’s cleared, he won’t be in right away. They’ll need time to get him up to speed and in game shape. He won’t be on LTIR though… once he’s activated and on the cap regardless of if he plays.
oh, god I've got shit for brains. Of course, his contract is being pro-rated while he's suspended. If they moved him out of suspension and immediately placed him on LTIR, we'd gain nothing more because his pro-ration would have stopped.

Reactions: henchman21

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Who would have ever thought that Mikko would try to maximize his earnings?

(I’m sure it’ll get done)
Maximize earnings = greed. Mikko has earned generational wealth with his first contract. All it does is pinch the bottom of the roster that won’t see that generational wealth. Makes it harder to win. In a team sport. I don’t even care about the billionaires vs millionaires. When do we see a rise for the lower half of the roster

End of mybpetty rant

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Maximize earnings = greed. Mikko has earned generational wealth with his first contract. All it does is pinch the bottom of the roster that won’t see that generational wealth. Makes it harder to win. In a team sport. I don’t even care about the billionaires vs millionaires. When do we see a rise for the lower half of the roster

End of mybpetty rant
I don’t blame any of them… but I don’t have to like it either. I don’t think this means he’s demanding 14m or anything… he just isn’t going to sign for a small amount.

Also, the cap era has been especially kind to the middle half (and even bottom) of the lineup. Those guys are actually getting paid very well compared to 30 years ago.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I don’t blame any of them… but I don’t have to like it either. I don’t think this means he’s demanding 14m or anything… he just isn’t going to sign for a small amount.

Also, the cap era has been especially kind to the middle half (and even bottom) of the lineup. Those guys are actually getting paid very well compared to 30 years ago.
Shit with inflation they might be able to even eat steak :) 50 bucks for three steaks at Walmart….

I started in 1989... and I wasn't legal
Probably my favorite year as a kid fan. Bobby Humphrey Steve Atwater bo Jackson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad