Pre-Game Talk: Week of Denver does Dallas, Vegas Circumventing Knights, and Tatanka

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I think the Avs will win, however it is a lose-lose for us as far as perception goes.

If we win, well of course it's because it's only Eichels first game and they are playing without stone and lehner.

But if we lose, it's because Vegas are too physical for us and Eichel was all they needed to put them over the top.

Why should we care what the media narrative is? Put up or shut up time will come in May and June for the Avs. No one is overlooking them but rightfully no one has anointed them pending champs either.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Why should we care what the media narrative is? Put up or shut up time will come in May and June for the Avs. No one is overlooking them but rightfully no one has anointed them pending champs either.
I wasn't talking specifically about the media narrative. I also don't really care what the narrative is, just that there will be a narrative and it will inevitably be unfavorable towards the Avs.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What a difference a year makes. And remember, this season the Avs are currently the third best defensive team in hockey according to xGA%.
EEF7B79A-3D43-4AC9-A967-1D9EB477F48A.jpeg
8D32282C-9D67-4408-BDEA-BAE8F6F62AED.jpeg

Reactions: The Merchant

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
So yeah, don’t tell me Tyson Jost is Good for a fourth liner. This year, he’s been below-replacement level. And in the playoffs, he’ll be a liability yet again.
He's bad but he makes only 2M. JTC is twice the problem at 3.5M this year and next year.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Holy shit. I didn’t think he’d been THAT bad this year.

I'm really not that surprised this year after watching him play, and both he and Compher together are an absolute train wreck. Poor NAK was rendered completely useless last night because of those two.

He's not winning ANY puck battles. None. He's getting completely smoked on faceoffs. I laughed the other night against Dallas because on an offensive zone draw, he tried to "win" the faceoff by literally spinning around the tucking the puck between his legs in hopes of dumping it in the corner, which of course was what his opponent was trying to do anyway. And he couldn't even do that, the other center intercepted it and Dallas easily got possession.

It's just sentiment at this point. The Avs are hanging onto him like a teddy bear merely because he's a good guy. And he IS a good guy, but this year, he's also a very bad hockey player.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He's bad but he makes only 2M. JTC is twice the problem at 3.5M this year and next year.

I'm reasonably confident JTC is on his way out. How, I don't know, but Joe absolutely cannot keep him past this season and ice a competent roster under the cap next year. Cannot.

But I fear they're going to hold onto Jost until this team crashes and burns, and then he'll be the "veteran presence" they rebuild around.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I'm reasonably confident JTC is on his way out. How, I don't know, but Joe absolutely cannot keep him past this season and ice a competent roster under the cap next year. Cannot.

But I fear they're going to hold onto Jost until this team crashes and burns, and then he'll be the "veteran presence" they rebuild around.

I don't like this being put out there in the universe. Please no. Jost needs to go. I wish him success wherever he goes but he shouldn't be playing on this team.

Reactions: The Moops

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Matches the eye test. What a shame. He was on the right track to become such an effective bottom-6 guy last year...hard to make sense of it.

I think we know now that a lot of that was him being propped up by a cush schedule due to exclusively-divisional play in a weak division, Nichushkin in God mode, and Donskoi on one of his hottest streaks ever.

It's funny (speaking of Donk), the moment he scored on the one-timer on the power play to get a hat trick, I said to myself "I bet he cools off now." Sure enough, he did.

I really did hope he had turned a corner there, but the playoffs came and he was the exact same player as usual. And now he's regressing.

I'll give him credit at least for doing (albeit temporarily) what Compher failed to do over the course of two-plus seasons--secure that 3rd line center spot and provide some stability to the lineup.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Our regular alternate captains are Rantanen and MacKinnon. EJ has worn one this year when one of them or Landeskog has been out but after the Boston game when he took that stupid penalty and MacKinnon was out, Makar wore one for those four games.

In other news, Tyson Jost is only an Avalanche player because of social media:

Reactions: paganini11

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Our regular alternate captains are Rantanen and MacKinnon. EJ has worn one this year when one of them or Landeskog has been out but after the Boston game when he took that stupid penalty and MacKinnon was out, Makar wore one for those four games.

In other news, Tyson Jost is only an Avalanche player because of social media:

why is it even his puck to give?? Last video I saw was Compher giving it away too. Don’t you have to have been given the puck the game before to give it away?

Reactions: Jazzguitar
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
why is it even his puck to give?? Last video I saw was Compher giving it away too. Don’t you have to have been given the puck the game before to give it away?

IIRC, Jost was given the puck (for some odd reason) after the win vs Dallas

Even the boys are trying to boost his trade value so they can get Giroux.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
I think we know now that a lot of that was him being propped up by a cush schedule due to exclusively-divisional play in a weak division, Nichushkin in God mode, and Donskoi on one of his hottest streaks ever.

It's funny (speaking of Donk), the moment he scored on the one-timer on the power play to get a hat trick, I said to myself "I bet he cools off now." Sure enough, he did.

I really did hope he had turned a corner there, but the playoffs came and he was the exact same player as usual. And now he's regressing.

I'll give him credit at least for doing (albeit temporarily) what Compher failed to do over the course of two-plus seasons--secure that 3rd line center spot and provide some stability to the lineup.

For all the good Nuke has done, pumping Jost up to the point of tricking Sakic into a multi year deal unwinds a lot of that goodwill. He owes us a 3 mill x 8 year contract.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4