We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Buffalo 6-2
Miami 2-5
New England 2-6
New York 2-6
Every single Bills fan would have jumped for joy if told we would be up four games in the division after Week 8. We would all sign up for that result 100/100. This season is going incredibly well, we just need to stay healthy and beat the Chiefs a couple times.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Now that we’re essentially half way through the season and I have little worry for the division I’m starting to look at potential 1-4 seeding just for something to look at. I think we finish 12-5 at worse and 13-4 at best, which I don’t see a path for any division team to match 12-5 with them having tie breakers over us.

I think we’re losing to the Lions and the Chiefs game worries me because of 1) our penalties lately and 2) how much the league/refs favor them so I think that’s are two losses and we may see a 3rd if we have a stinker.

So best case we end up 13-4 but have tie breaker problems with the 3 most likely other division winners.

I think it’ll be:
Chiefs
Texans (tied with us at 13-4)
Us
Baltimore 12-5

If we fall to 12-5 we are 4th with tie breaker with Baltimore.

Last edited:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Now that we’re essentially half way through the season and I have little worry for the division I’m starting to look at potential 1-4 seeding just for something to look at. I think we finish 11-5 at worse and 12-4 at best, which I don’t see a path for any division team to match 11-5 with them having tie breakers over us.

I think we’re losing to the Lions and the Chiefs game worries me because of 1) our penalties lately and 2) how much the league/refs favor them so I think that’s are two losses and we may see a 3rd if we have a stinker.

So best case we end up 12-4 but have tie breaker problems with the 3 most likely other division winners.

I think it’ll be:
Chiefs
Texans (tied with us at 12-4)
Us
Baltimore 11-5

If we fall to 11-5 we are 4th with tie breaker with Baltimore.
12-5 you mean, assuming you're counting losses? Pesky 17th game 😉

They definitely have some tough ones left, especially if the Niners and Rams get healthy... it's also still hard to go 6-0 in the division, no matter how down they are.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think you probably wanted Miami to squeak out a win there, at least in terms of next week.

We either see The best version of Miami next week or they just rollover and let us kill them. They are probably pretty frail either way, so even if they come out house on fire, one bad bounce probably makes them pack it in.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
12-5 you mean, assuming you're counting losses? Pesky 17th game 😉

They definitely have some tough ones left, especially if the Niners and Rams get healthy... it's also still hard to go 6-0 in the division, no matter how down they are.
Yeah I was definitely just counting losses and my brain doesn’t go to totaling 17 games still. Far to long as a fan with only 16 games.

Yeah, I think 5 losses is more realistic for us. Even 6 wouldn’t be the end of the word as it would take an epic 2nd half of the season for any division team to get to win the division if we’re 11-6.

Reactions: misterchainsaw

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
This was from earlier this week:

Davante Adams was already calling out the entire team last week, like he already had their problems figured out after only being there for a few days. And Aaron Rodgers praised him for it and even said it was the “realest” speech he’s ever heard in his 20 years in the NFL.

Adam’s also said he’s the type of person that will call out anyone, including coaches, if he thinks they’re doing things wrong.

I could see things with the Jets really imploding if they keep losing. :nod::laugh:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This was from earlier this week:

Davante Adams was already calling out the entire team last week, like he already had their problems figured out after only being there for a few days. And Aaron Rodgers praised him for it and even said it was the “realest” speech he’s ever heard in his 20 years in the NFL.

Adam’s also said he’s the type of person that will call out anyone, including coaches, if he thinks they’re doing things wrong.

I could see things with the Jets really imploding if they keep losing. :nod::laugh:
I did not have Adams turning into a total diva on my bingo card a couple years ago. Everyone can be mad at Rodgers, and rightfully so, but he's actually been pretty mellow this year in his comments.

Adams on the other hand...not so much. Nothing worse than a WR over 30 who thinks he's the center of the universe.

Also, unrelated, but I think McGovern may be an All-Pro this year. That guy has been incredible after the position change.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
5-5 down the stretch is effectively a clinch now, assuming we don’t go 0-2 vs the patriots and they win out.

I do expect the Jets to go on a run at some point. Currently 4-3 holds the 3rd wild card spot, so nobody is really out of it yet.

Calling this one now:

Jets defense frustrates stroud and gets a big win at home next week vs the Texans.

Diggs is injured, their defense is on the struggle bus

After that they don't play a good team until Buffalo in week 17.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
5-5 down the stretch is effectively a clinch now, assuming we don’t go 0-2 vs the patriots and they win out.

I do expect the Jets to go on a run at some point. Currently 4-3 holds the 3rd wild card spot, so nobody is really out of it yet.

Calling this one now:

Jets defense frustrates stroud and gets a big win at home next week vs the Texans.

Diggs is injured, their defense is on the struggle bus

After that they don't play a good team until Buffalo in week 17.
The Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Rams are all at least as good as the Jets, if not better. I don't see the Jets doing better than somewhere around .500 against that group.The Jags are the only genuinely bad team they face.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, and Rams are all at least as good as the Jets, if not better. I don't see the Jets doing better than somewhere around .500 against that group.The Jags are the only genuinely bad team they face.

On paper, the Jets are a better team than most of those teams. They are simply playing like dogshit.

A hard fought win against a good opponent would do wonders for that team. They are likely going to be the laughing stock of the talking heads all week, especially in a brutal NYC market.

The 'us against the world' stuff is overused, but because it works as a motivational tool.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So I was flying for most of this game, so I missed most of it. Watched the abbreviated version.

First half really felt like both teams made a lot of mistakes. Seattle made bigger ones. Can't get to the 1 yard line twice and only get a 3 points. Second half felt like the Seattle defense was gassed and the Bills were able to press.

A quality road win, though My big takeaway is Josh/Keon is heating up, Seattle without Metcalf is pretty much an ideal matchup for the Bills defense. No running attack to punish the depleted LB corp. Curious as to what happened with Cooper, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad