NFL GDT: Week 8: Russell’s New Recipe

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
IMG_2571.jpeg

I am extremely concerned.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Texans at the Jets on Thursday, they can really put themselves in a great position since both of their losses are to the NFC. They'll be ahead in a lot of the tie-breakers

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I'm inclined to think there was a gentleman's agreement that Watson was to start or else the league was going bury Cleveland further in some form of legal retribution.
I think it was just their stupid owner forcing the regime to start him. I find it hard to believe that any sane football mind wouldn't bench him.

It was just the owners demanding it because they wanted their trade and contract to work.
Yes . This.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Surprised Daniels is playing but very glad. This Caleb vs. Daniels match up is one I was really looking forward to. Nice to see him come out running and playing his game too.

Reactions: RedRocking

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Would be curious to know the last time WFT had a late window national game against a non-division team.

Or even any game at all.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
How the f*** could the NFL take any legal action if they decide to bench Watson? What law could possibly apply?!
Not everything is enforced via statutes. Businesses, organizations, and government can dispense with conduct internally. Just like I'm on here or any other forum, I subject myself to the justice of the mods along with their respective codes of conduct.

The internal rules are also equivalent to laws. They are contracts. The organizations may have skeletons that are not directly related to Watson at all, but they can pull strings to achieve unfavorable outcomes. The refs can make calls to punish teams with unfavorable outcomes, which is likely what cost the Saints a playoff run with a ridiculous PI call; that might have been a penalty for Bountygate.

Lawfare is another, which is probably what happened with Brian Flores. Ain't now way even a team of lawyer with a huge ass caseload can drop a complaint in 7 days.

Playing Deshuan Watson wasn't just unreasonable, it was so ridiculously unreasonable(doing worse than Jamarcus Russell on a metric) that the common explanation of stupidity or incompetence is not sufficient.

• Haha
Reactions: Bocephus86

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Not everything is enforced via statutes. Businesses, organizations, and government can dispense with conduct internally. Just like I'm on here or any other forum, I subject myself to the justice of the mods along with their respective codes of conduct.

The internal rules are also equivalent to laws. They are contracts. The organizations may have skeletons that are not directly related to Watson at all, but they can pull strings to achieve unfavorable outcomes. The refs can make calls to punish teams with unfavorable outcomes, which is likely what cost the Saints a playoff run with a ridiculous PI call; that might have been a penalty for Bountygate.

Lawfare is another, which is probably what happened with Brian Flores. Ain't now way even a team of lawyer with a huge ass caseload can drop a complaint in 7 days.

Playing Deshuan Watson wasn't just unreasonable, it was so ridiculously unreasonable(doing worse than Jamarcus Russell on a metric) that the common explanation of stupidity or incompetence is not sufficient.
Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad