Buffalo Bills Week 8 -- Buffalo (5-2) @ Seahawks (4-3) Sunday 10/27, 4:05 pm, Fox

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Kupp has had Matthew Stafford throwing him the ball and DHop made the poor choice to take the money from the Titans and have less than stellar QBs throwing him the ball.

DHop had 1057 yards receiving and 7 TDs last year with Levis and Tannehill at QB.

I would not say that DHop is a fringe starter unless you thought the same of Amari Cooper in Cleveland.

:dunno:
The production might be similar, but DHop just doesn’t pass the eye test. No separation. Struggling to get on the field against bad players. Maybe he just quit on the team, but the dude is old and until he shows he still has it I’m inclined to think he’s just over the hill

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The production might be similar, but DHop just doesn’t pass the eye test. No separation. Struggling to get on the field against bad players. Maybe he just quit on the team, but the dude is old and until he shows he still has it I’m inclined to think he’s just over the hill
DHop is only 374 days older than Kupp.

And he's never been a great separator. That didn't stop him from getting over a 1000 yards in 2023 with bad QB play.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Kupp

---

SalC discussed other possible adds for the Bill's again on wgr this morning:
1) Safety: Edwards remains inactive, Hamlin is playing ok, but they could still add one as a upgrade. My Prediction: Hyde
2) Linebacker: As suggested by Jordan Schultz they may want to bulk up the LB position in case they need a 3rd backer on the field come playoffs (re: Bal), or for depth, and to help with Bernard/Johnson's health. My Prediction: Not sure yet
Gimmie Diablo from Vegas.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

From the absolute best comedy of my adolescence.
I just don't understand how people do this
Do you have inordinately large fingers, or small nostrils? Or are you questioning the etiquette?
I love Andre the player and he's a stand-up guy but his desire to insert himself into everything that he can is a bit tiring. No one in Buffalo likes CMM and the Bills Mafia people are some of the most cringe-inducing members of our fanbase as a whole. No one seeks attention like that group.
CMM lived 5 houses down the street from me ~20 years ago. Never met him nor his wife. Longtime work colleagues lived on either side of him, one met him.

Reactions: buffalowing88

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

From the absolute best comedy of my adolescence.

Do you have inordinately large fingers, or small nostrils? Or are you questioning the etiquette?

CMM lived 5 houses down the street from me ~20 years ago. Never met him nor his wife. Longtime work colleagues lived on either side of him, one met him.

Pick, sure, sometimes you gotta get something but then wash your hands after. Eating ... That is just f***ing gross

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Here’s what I’d do if I were Beane:

Overall theme is bolster key areas.

Reserve OT. Bills need someone who you play big minutes if Dawkins or Brown gets hurt.

Reserve DT. Bills are thin, and two of their DTs are not space eaters. Someone line Linval Joseph.

S. Just sign Hyde.

Power RB. I love the RB room. You’ve got Cook as the starter and a slasher, Davis as the one cut runner, and Johnson as the speed back. I’d look for a bigger power runner for short yardage.

Pash rusher. Can’t ever have enough.

Reactions: buffalowing88

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Pick, sure, sometimes you gotta get something but then wash your hands after. Eating ... That is just f***ing gross
Your sarcasm meter may be a little laggy today. I knew what you meant. :laugh:

Edit: The Joe-Namath-drunk-on-MNF-in-Meadowlands incident spawned the humorously critical (but now defunct) Jets fan blog "Kissing Suzy Kolber".
Like a Phoenix from the ashes, perhaps "Picking Aaron's Boogers" will rise to replace it.

Reactions: SundherDome

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Here’s what I’d do if I were Beane:

Overall theme is bolster key areas.

Reserve OT. Bills need someone who you play big minutes if Dawkins or Brown gets hurt.

Reserve DT. Bills are thin, and two of their DTs are not space eaters. Someone line Linval Joseph.

S. Just sign Hyde.

Power RB. I love the RB room. You’ve got Cook as the starter and a slasher, Davis as the one cut runner, and Johnson as the speed back. I’d look for a bigger power runner for short yardage.

Pash rusher. Can’t ever have enough.
Definitely agree with most of those ideas, although hearing Linval Joseph's name just puts a bad taste in my mouth. That guy was so washed up by the time we signed him last year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
That is the caveat here. He's played 23 games since 2022. If you told me Kupp could be guaranteed to play the rest of the season and playoffs, sign me up.

He's not though.

A thought for the day:

For the gamblers out there, Cleveland might be a good upset pick versus baltimore.

Consider:

A short week for Baltimore

Division game

On the road.

Strong Cleveland defense who will could be strongly motivated to have a showcase before the trade deadline.

The dark cloud of Watson is gone for the rest of the year.

The Browns are -9. Even if Baltimore wins, I think the line is high, especially at Cleveland.

This sounds good...except...

Dorsey is going to take over play calling duties in Cleveland.

Nope, don't touch with a 10 foot pole.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad