NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson licking their chops that they might be traded to a contending team at the deadline.

It may happen, it may not but both have one foot out the door.

They'll ask out in the offseason if anything, both of those guys are at fault for things that's gone wrong in this season too. Hall could've scored last week v Buffalo instead of just running out of bounds/into a defender. Wilson last night with the dropped pass leading to another Rodgers pick down 1 and the fumble v Denver in a shitty offensive game. Rodgers is washed but the team around him has given him a god like aura that they aren't doing the rest of their jobs. That's the main issue with this roster, they'll have to burn it the ground and but it is what it is when you miss this badly and look this garbage in this process.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Raiders and the Giants need to draft new QB this draft.

Raiders have no QB's to play right now, AOC time is up and hasn't shown anything at the QB position. Minshew f***ing sucks, f*** that bitch.

Giants need to send Danny Dimes packing, he has shown nothing about being a starting QB and he played so well in a contract year that the Mara's thought "hey! we found another Eli Manning!"

As much maligned Eli Manning was at QB, he did produce several years of winning Giants football with 2 Super Bowls along the way. Danny Dimes doesn't produce any enthusiasm at the position, he would be Jon Gruden's salad of the week by the way he would be salivating his Johnson if he still had that stupid QB room show.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Raiders and the Giants need to draft new QB this draft.

Raiders have no QB's to play right now, AOC time is up and hasn't shown anything at the QB position. Minshew f***ing sucks, f*** that bitch.

Giants need to send Danny Dimes packing, he has shown nothing about being a starting QB and he played so well in a contract year that the Mara's thought "hey! we found another Eli Manning!"

As much maligned Eli Manning was at QB, he did produce several years of winning Giants football with 2 Super Bowls along the way. Danny Dimes doesn't produce any enthusiasm at the position, he would be Jon Gruden's salad of the week by the way he would be salivating his Johnson if he still had that stupid QB room show.
This upcoming draft isn't anything special. It's Sanders, then you have Cam Ward from Miami, Ewers who looked bad vs Georgia which is a team full of future NFL defenders, Up to last season, he wasn't regarded as having a great arm. Unless he's gotten better at that, a lot of Bo Nix feels from him.
Beck from Georgia, I don't see as a first rounder. Allar from PSU was highly touted coming out of HS. Solid numbers, but don't hear his name being talked about for the draft, so guessing he hasn't really impressed so far. He may be best served returning to PSU in 2025.

Only 1 club will get Sanders, everyone else looking for a QB, and you can include CAR, CLE in that mix as well, will have to figure something else out. So, whoever finishes last isn't likely to trade out.

Plus other clubs like Miami, NO, could also be in the mix for a new QB depending on how the rest of the season goes for Tua and Carr.

Last edited:

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I will never understand Tua.

20% reduction of impact to the head
35% reduction for slower players which he is

He just won’t wear it, even to get through this season

He is going to war with CTE and losing badly

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

I felt Miami should’ve cut its ties with him, contract year and got paid. Now he’s putting his health on the line where he’s been through several head injuries.

‘Personal reasons’ he says, yeah sure.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pretty funny Adams losing to the Steelers twice in 7 days.
Both clubs are at 2 wins and 5 losses.

If he doesn't like it in NY, he will get cut if he doesn't restructure his contract, and can go find a better destination.

Raiders didn't even score a TD yesterday. And the offense gave up the deciding score on a fumble return for a TD.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
raiders are going to get the #1 pick and draft sanders. just brace yourselves for the deion drama. it'll be lavar ball all over again

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
raiders are going to get the #1 pick and draft sanders. just brace yourselves for the deion drama. it'll be lavar ball all over again
Again, it's one thing to draft Sanders if he is there at your spot. But, not sure I see it that I'd give up anything like CAR did for Young if there are teams ahead of them in the draft order.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Think he's eaten his humble pie and is now focussed on playing QB and winning vs trying to win an MVP. That talk is now dead. What Russ gives you is more intermediate to deep throws. Still has his issues in the shorter routes over the middle due to his height and not as mobile as Fields.

As someone who wasn't really all that into the idea of him based on what I'd heard of his Broncos time, I was impressed at how quickly he played. No heroball, no running around forever to take stupid sacks, just find a guy and try to get it to him. He's a bit lucky none of his rusty-ass passes went badly but I'm interested to see what happens when he gets sharp.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Held out, missed training camp, got paid, underperformed, got called out by media and fans for lack of effort and now he’s out for the year with a torn ACL and MCL.

Super Bowl hangover for the Niners. CMC is out, Aiyuk is out, Deebo is injured. Christ.

Imagine if Aiyuk didn’t get that contract, he would be screwed.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tough to see anyone else than Detroit as a massive NFC favourite

(Defense needs an add)

All the teams just have massive question marks, lot of good teams, zero to one elite teams

Reactions: Blitzkrug

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Tough to see anyone else than Detroit as a massive NFC favourite

(Defense needs an add)

All the teams just have massive question marks, lot of good teams, zero to one elite teams

Detroit can take Maxx Crosby off our hands, that'll boost the Lions defense front 4.
Unlike that bitch ass Devante Adams, trading Crosby to the Lions is a boost for their Super Bowl ambitions.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Held out, missed training camp, got paid, underperformed, got called out by media and fans for lack of effort and now he’s out for the year with a torn ACL and MCL.

Super Bowl hangover for the Niners. CMC is out, Aiyuk is out, Deebo is injured. Christ.

Imagine if Aiyuk didn’t get that contract, he would be screwed.

That is why he held out. To guard against this exact situation. He'd be on the 5th year option at what like $14 million or something? ACL would likely keep him out of off-season activities and most of camp.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Detroit can take Maxx Crosby off our hands, that'll boost the Lions defense front 4.
Unlike that bitch ass Devante Adams, trading Crosby to the Lions is a boost for their Super Bowl ambitions.
As sad as it would be to see Maxx leave, elite non QBs can only do so much on a bad team. Be it Joe Thomas at LT, JJ Watt at DT with all of Houston's mess at QB like Osweiler during his prime, Calvin Johnson in Detroit, etc. It's one thing to be TJ Watt and make the PO most of the time with Pitt and not win in the PO, but to play that well and hard to end up at 5-7 wins and miss the PO.

Basically this is a repeat of Mack.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Detroit certainly does feel like they're a step up past everyone else.

The NFC East is a joke. Washington deserves flowers for how quick they turned it around but I don't think I buy them as contenders yet. Dallas sucks, the Eagles suck.

The other two divisions seem to be a bit too up and down to get a read on. Seattle comes out and puts the clamps on somebody then loses to the Giants the next week. San Francisco at this point is a question of if they can even make it to the end of the season with all the injuries. Tampa Bay will drop 50 on the Saints then only 7 on Denver. Atlanta still can't avoid shooting their foot off like the old days.

The only real challenger they might have is Minnesota, and even then I can't see many buying Sam Darnold as a guy capable of making a super bowl run.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That is why he held out. To guard against this exact situation. He'd be on the 5th year option at what like $14 million or something? ACL would likely keep him out of off-season activities and most of camp.

Not sure how he will do next year, Niners are in bind since they pretty much have to pay Purdy soon. Not sure if Deebo is in it for the long term, guy is getting injured, CMC maybe on his Todd Gurley week to week injured terms.

Yesh, what a mess.

The personal reason is guys don't think they look cool. It's why so few players are wearing one.

At this point in his career, Tua needs to watch out for his health instead of looking 'cool'. No one will look cool when his Samoan ass is on the ground again and he can't move.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Not sure how he will do next year, Niners are in bind since they pretty much have to pay Purdy soon. Not sure if Deebo is in it for the long term, guy is getting injured, CMC maybe on his Todd Gurley week to week injured terms.

Yesh, what a mess.
Plan for SF was to let Deebo go. But, with what happened to Dallas after they paid Galloway coming off an ACL only to see him never return to form and trade away Cooper, it's a warning to SF to be careful about betting on full health from an ACL despite medical advancements. Each person's knee is different and so is the recovery.

Can't expect to see the 2023 version of Aiyuk in 2025 coming off an ACL. Very few AP's who can tear an ACL and have the best season of their career the next season.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As sad as it would be to see Maxx leave, elite non QBs can only do so much on a bad team. Be it Joe Thomas at LT, JJ Watt at DT with all of Houston's mess at QB like Osweiler during his prime, Calvin Johnson in Detroit, etc. It's one thing to be TJ Watt and make the PO most of the time with Pitt and not win in the PO, but to play that well and hard to end up at 5-7 wins and miss the PO.

Basically this is a repeat of Mack.

Mack hasn't done shit since leaving the Raiders, he hasn't elevated a team to Super Bowl status and all he cares about is getting sack totals. He no shows 80 percent of the time anyways, he shows up against playing the Raiders and he nuts himself when a network plays 'RETURN OF THE MACK' once he does anything useful.

Mack can go to the hall of fame with that fake ass smile for all I care, empty calories.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

You don't need to, he's an idiot.

Many would argue he's already making a wrong decision by coming back. He has an option to at least mitigate the issue he has and he goes "no, personal reasons"

Personal reasons likely being "I'd rather look cool and have my brain disintegrate before I turn 40 than to put this cap on and protect myself even if it looks a bit goofy"

It's not like the caps are some pseudoscience thing like concussion water or John Tavares shilling some dumb ass amulet. They've been scientifically proven to cut down on head trauma. You could even see it with Achane wearing one yesterday. He goes helmet to helmet with a guy and you hear a muffle rather than the usual cracking of plastic. Shit works.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Mack hasn't done shit since leaving the Raiders, he hasn't elevated a team to Super Bowl status and all he cares about is getting sack totals. He no shows 80 percent of the time anyways, he shows up against playing the Raiders and he nuts himself when a network plays 'RETURN OF THE MACK' once he does anything useful.

Mack can go to the hall of fame with that fake ass smile for all I care, empty calories.
Has any defender elevated a team to SB status? Be it the Watt brothers or anyone else? Even Donald, but he was with the Rams under Fisher. Needed McVay's offence to get there.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
You don't need to, he's an idiot.

Many would argue he's already making a wrong decision by coming back. He has an option to at least mitigate the issue he has and he goes "no, personal reasons"

Personal reasons likely being "I'd rather look cool and have my brain disintegrate before I turn 40 than to put this cap on and protect myself even if it looks a bit goofy"

Dumbass probably didn't want to wear a helmet while bike riding too.

Tua should thank his lucky stars Tyreek Hill and Jalen Waddle for that pay day, no offense but Tua thinks he's an all pro QB but he's just Rob Johnson taking sacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad