NFL GDT: Week 7: Prodigal Sons Returning

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Just got a genuine laugh at a cutaway to Fields on the sideline. All night they would show him, helmet on…waiting for his moment. This time..still has helmet on…but now wearing a coat

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
That's just straight revisionist history. They won a Super Bowl with half the team on IR and playing 3 playoff games on the road.
I mean, yea for his one SB run Rodgers was incredible. Not trying to take that away from him. The team with guys like Woodson and Matthews overcame a lot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I mean, yea for his one SB run Rodgers was incredible. Not trying to take that away from him. The team with guys like Woodson and Matthews overcame a lot.
It was more than one year. I know it's been fun to kick at the guy, but some people forget he was as great as he was - and he was - and it wasn't even that long ago.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It was more than one year. I know it's been fun to kick at the guy, but some people forget he was as great as he was - and he was - and it wasn't even that long ago.
Yes, he was absolutely great. He was a singular talent - whose talent often carried his team.

I was only comparing him to Brady, who makes everyone look bad as far as a leader getting guys to overachieve. Brady never had Rodger’s talent, which makes it more impressive imho.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Every week it’s excuses and fantasyland when these commentators talk about Rodgers. He has been awful all season long. Bringing up the Jets defense now when Rodgers has thrown two picks to set up two Steelers TDs.

This after the likes of Rapoport were telling us last year he might return from his Achilles in the playoffs had they made it because of how impressive his recovery was.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, he was absolutely great. He was a singular talent - whose talent often carried his team.

I was only comparing him to Brady, who makes everyone look bad as far as a leader getting guys to overachieve. Brady never had Rodger’s talent, which makes it more impressive imho.
Well, nobody is Brady.

Maybe Mahomes is Brady.

Reactions: RedRocking

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
They didn't forget squat, people are still bitter he didn't get vaccinated.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I’m sure he tossed Rodgers salad and begged him day and night to go to the Jets.

Straight trash

He’s owned the team for 25 years they said on the broadcast

I thought he was around 15

They’ve made the playoffs 5x during his ownership and missed the playoffs 20x

Just brutal. I know Brady was in their division but come on.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
He’s owned the team for 25 years they said on the broadcast

I thought he was around 15

They’ve made the playoffs 5x during his ownership and missed the playoffs 20x

Just brutal. I know Brady was in their division but come on.
I guess the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez years were the peak era over that time? (maybe forgetting something).

But that’s brutal. Kinda like Snyder’s reign in DC

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I guess the Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez years were the peak era over that time? (maybe forgetting something).

But that’s brutal. Kinda like Snyder’s reign in DC
Have to put the last 2 decades of Senile Al Davis and Incompetent Mark Davis in there as well. 2 PO appears since they lost the SB to TB and no PO wins or home games. And like just 2 winning seasons since. 10 Full Time HC since Callahan who was the HC when they lost the SB since 2002. Just over 2 years per HC. Art Shell and Hue Jackson last 1 full season each. Lane Kiffin and Josh McDaniels less than 2. Just a gongshow the past 22 years.

• Wow
Reactions: RedRocking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad