Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Some talk on wgr now about how Hopkins was hardly used and not even following the game on the sidelines. Will be interesting to see how Samuel's latest injury is.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Like how this pattern doesn't seem to carry into the playoffs? 🤫 Ignore me, I'm just at the point where wins like these, while fun to watch, aren't all that satisfying.

We SHOULD be beating up on teams like this and usually do in the end. But there's a worrying pattern of slow starts and then, in tougher games (i.e. Houston this year, KC in the playoffs), an inability to recover in time. I think it speaks to a preparedness issue but do hope and (somewhat) think McDermott has grown in this regard and at least tried to learn his lessons.

I'll always still watch because a locked in Allen/Bills offense is a sight to see. Ya suffer the first half of this game to enjoy the methodical execution of the second.
Teams come out very hungry against us.

There is also a large disparity of good QBs in the AFC, so almost every conference game can be a dog fight.

Brady's first half strategies have become somewhat predictable as well. The second half adjustments seem to be let Josh be Josh. I think adding Cooper will immensely help that. We saw today that when Cooper got going, Coleman was getting better matchups. That threat will help the run game which helps Brady be less predictable. I love that Beane recognized it and addressed it.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
It was a major point of emphasis for the CBS crew in the 4th quarter. I most certainly don't think he's coming to Buffalo.....but I could see a team like KC maybe take a swing on him. Or Pittsburgh.
I'd be interested in seeing the cost for Tennessee to eat a bunch of salary. I also would love for Beane to call his buddy Schoen up and ask about Ojulari.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Interceptions since 2022:

Mahomes - 34
Allen - 32

Let’s start seeing that graphic every week about how he has the most interceptions over 2.5 seasons.
Pipe dream but I'd love for Allen to be the one with multiple super bowls towards the end of their careers. That would eat Mahomes up in the retirement home.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I actually don't hate the decision to go for it. When you're the underdog, you gotta take some chances because he had to figure a 3 point lead wasn't going to hold. The play choice left a lot to be desired.

I also think he should have gone for 4th and 3 instead of kicking the FG.

The poor time management before the half was absolutely ridiculous though.
I think you have to know your team. Even with the improvement of Rudolph over Levis the Titans need to win by protecting the ball and playing defense. Giving the Bills a chance at a short field while up 10-7 was a mistake. Kick the ball, count on your defense to at least not allow an 80+ yard TD drive, and live to fight another day. Instead they let the momentum snowball on them and soon enough they were locked into catch up mode which was never going to go well for them.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
He would/should be incredibly cheap depth and I would prefer him to Toohill. He would also be good insurance in the event of injury.
Myles Garrett is apparently available and the the salary is paid down already. That one is likely to be bidding war at the deadline I would think ?

Samuel is sick. Aiyuk is looking bad with how his knee bent the wrong way
Curtis Samuel, Bills, left with a shoulder today

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
Josh over 300 yards, which is impressive since he didn't start playing until the 2nd half.

DAVIS rumbles for the TD!!

Allen was the first QB to net 300 yards against the Titans this season, and Coleman is the first WR to finish with 100 yards.

KC's defense is a problem.

Revisionist history aside, the Broncos stealing away Spagnola rather than signing Payton could have turned both franchises inside out. What that looks like in the end is a total unknown, but I would have LOVED to have seen it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad