Buffalo Bills Week 7 -- Buffalo (4-2) vs Titans (1-4) Sunday 10/20, 1:00 pm, CBS

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
The spine of any NFL is the owner-GM-head coach-QB.

Allen will make a lot of coaches look good.

But, McD also ended the drought in year 1 with Tyrod Taylor at QB.

One interesting thought experiment I have right now is would Bills fans trade McD for Mike McDaniel?

McDaniel checks a lot of the boxes that Bills fans talk about (offensive coach who comes from the Shanahan coaching tree).

If you wouldn't make that swap, it goes to show how challenging it can be to get a head coaching hire right.
A 9-7 team at ~ -60 point differential making the playoffs on tiebreaker twists is an all-time NFL event and we were collectively blessed with a miracle to get there. I can’t downplay the emotional significance of that but the coin flip of a 9-7 playoff berth landed fully on its side for that one.

The McDaniel question is interesting in that I think his statistical success has come from tailoring his offense to suit the Samoan Chad Pennington with high-caliber receivers he can’t really maximize. If you give him Josh Allen and, say, an average defense I think the team probably has a better shot at winning a championship than they do now, yeah. I expect many wouldn’t, though, especially as he’s shown legitimate warts when things aren’t going his way even with a healthy Tua

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Game Balls:
Ray Davis
Taylor Rapp

Poop in bag on fire:
The Refs
Taron , Josh , Bernard is a world class athlete. ,

even Hamlin who is third string tweener made two key plays after being late filling holes and angles all game and hung In there , McD and Brady calming down and running the ball as a base on last drive babich took risks helping rookies who stepped up on D ,

Daquan and AJ epenesa hobbled Aaron bought us hesitations, Josh’s audible like Jim Kelly to end the game we were scripted to lose. The unknown queen of the city last night that help Doink two field goals to even up the nfl game involve the messing w the eeg/ekg of poor wonderful Tyler bass.
Shakir muscles thru w a catch Keon Coleman gets a game ball. Kincaid fighting and Knox made a key grab . Shnow mutha all game playin and running his mouth and bullying the jets D line ,like Josh and the rest of the O line . Great catch by barefoot, no utensils but my main etc etc team win. …

I agree w you completely. Game BAll. 1st Star Goes to Raym DAVIS. W great hands and ball security .
Taron JOHNSON w the highlight play of the night securing an afc East division win. 2nd star
3rd Star Rapp and Josh Allen belief and swagger all night could easily be
MVP for the game and year so far.

Impressive by All as fan base used collective energy to reverse a twisted outcome in this reality. Totally worth watching.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The timing of this screams to me that the Bills were about to close the deal and the Jets jumped in front. Otherwise it literally does not make sense.
With the Raiders reportedly being unwilling to eat any salary, the Bills were not really in the mix.

I think this screams of Woody Johnson losing his mind after the loss last night because the head coaching change wasn't enough. So, GM A-Rod said get his old WR1.

Reads like a panic move to get something out of the Rodgers trade
💯

Step 1 - Fire the head coach
Step 2 - Replace the offensive play caller
Step 3 - Trade for his former WR1

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Bonkers. Between the missed kicks and penalties the game was bonkers.

How can one team/coach continually be so f***ing shitty with seconds remaining in a half or the game? It's almost clockwork that McD calls a defensive timeout then something terrible happens against the Bills. Even when they don't allow points it feels like it's just by luck that they keep opponents off the scoresheet. You don't need to send six or seven on a jailbreak blitz for the Hail Mary but four or five isn't unreasonable. Coleman, MVS, Hollins, Knox and Kincaid are all ~6'4"ish so maybe the one with the best vertical could be in the end zone.

Hopefully they find ways to win the next four weeks and are playing their best football of the regular season in time for the KC and SF matchups.

I am attending the Seattle game for my first Bills game since 2019 after loyally attending at least one per year through the dark times so if they lay an egg it's all my fault, lol.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
With the Raiders reportedly being unwilling to eat any salary, the Bills were not really in the mix.

I think this screams of Woody Johnson losing his mind after the loss last night because the head coaching change wasn't enough. So, GM A-Rod said get his old WR1.

💯

Step 1 - Fire the head coach
Step 2 - Replace the offensive play caller
Step 3 - Trade for his former WR1
I believe the Bills were in on it. But I expected it to go down to the deadline to lower the cap hit.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I believe the Bills were in on it. But I expected it to go down to the deadline to lower the cap hit.
The Bills were only in on it if the Raiders were eating a significant amount of his 2024 base salary, even beyond what would be left at the deadline.

The Jets could make the deal now without the Raiders eating any money. The Bills could not do that.

I don't count it as being in on a deal when you have no way of making the money work.

Yeah, they couldn’t beat that offer unless they wanted to pay for Vegas holding the salary. Glad they didn’t do that.
The Raiders reportedly have cash flow issues and were refusing to absorb money to make a trade happen, regardless of the trade compensation.

Reactions: zenthusiast

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Just looking for receivers on teams who have pretty much ensured a season without playoffs, maybe Garrett Wilson would be available :snide:

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
The Bills were only in on it if the Raiders were eating a significant amount of his 2024 base salary, even beyond what would be left at the deadline.

The Jets could make the deal now without the Raiders eating any money. The Bills could not do that.

I don't count it as being in on a deal when you have no way of making the money work.

The Raiders reportedly have cash flow issues and were refusing to absorb money to make a trade happen, regardless of the trade compensation.
The Bills could pretty easily create enough cap space to fit Davante in. I am certain they would have, but I bet they were playing hard with LV about keeping some salary.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
McDermott isn't a bad coach and he's done great things. I don't think he ever gets to a Super Bowl. He's a great regular season coach. I understand why many fans love him. The team is competitive every season and always a playoff team. Much better than the drought years of being in the hunt.

The problem is how him and the front office is too fixated on the defense. You have one of the best QBs in the league. It's time they build around him and let the defense be middle of the pack.

This season they will win the division but I don't see them going far in the playoffs. This offense isn't good enough and lacks playmakers.
He’s learning, so did kc walrus who has been propped up by nfl.similar to bellicheat both due to the names. Chiefs and hand over yr heart patriot etc. I’ll stick w McD , great defensive mind and teacher.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Keep wasting those picks. Jets aren't going anywhere this year, so Im happy to see them continue mortgaging the future to maybbbeee get knocked out in the WC.

I wouldnt have offered a 3rd that can turn into a second even if the Raiders did eat some of the cap. I want someone who is going to be around for atleast another year if Im paying that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
From Adam Schefter:

Trade condition update: The conditional third-round pick the Jets are trading to the Raiders for Davante Adams becomes a second if any of the following happen, per source:

Adams must be 1st- or 2nd-team AP all pro

On the active roster for AFC championship game or Super Bowl.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A few thoughts on the game last night:

The O-line had their best game in a bit. Big holes for Davis. Good protection for Josh. Defense played well and even when they were getting big chunks of yards, they locked down in the red zone.

Allen had a few 'meh' moments, but overall played in control. He's reigned in the "gotta be superman"....mostly.

The lack of a true vertical threat is going to be the teams undoing though.

Next week should be a W. Defense is getting healthier, hopefully Cook is back. Hopefully they take the lessons from the Jags game and don't look past an opponent.

Levis is a bit of a wild card because he can go from zero to hero and back to zero during a game. Buffalo is good at confounding young QBs and I don't think Levis has shown he's cerebral enough not to make big mistakes.

TN's pass defense has been solid (holding teams to under 150 yds/game). Expect a heavy dose of Cooks/Davis in this game.

Their big issue for TN is turnovers and lack of takeaways.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Bills could pretty easily create enough cap space to fit Davante in. I am certain they would have, but I bet they were playing hard with LV about keeping some salary.
It would not have been easy given that the Bills have already converted a ton of 2024 base salary to signing bonuses, there are not a lot of those levers left to pull, they have less than $3M in cap space, and Adams has over $10M in remaining 2024 base salary to pay.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
It’s been funny watching the jets replace their young, highly drafted players with aging old vets.

I could see this Adams trade causing issues between Garret Wilson and the jets. Adams immediately becomes their #1 WR and won’t be happy if he’s not getting a bunch of targets per game. I’ll laugh if this ends up causing Wilson to seek a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad