Buffalo Bills Week 6 -- Buffalo (3-2) at Jets (2-3 ) Monday 10/14, 8:15 pm, ESPN and ABC

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Amari cooper is an option maybe. How about Tyrell "actually got open on a quick route" Shavers?:naughty:

Offense needs to fix its routes and schemes. Too predictable. Alec Andersson, Samuel, etc. packages give away the plays ahead of time as well.
Amari Cooper has had a hard time actually catching the ball this season.

I would not be optimistic that he could mesh quickly with Allen who does not through the easiest to catch ball in the NFL.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Giving up major assets (plus undoubtedly more future cap space than he'll ever be worth) for a 31/32yo Davante Adams, when you're essentially already paying Stefon Diggs NOT TO PLAY FOR YOU is a whole new level stupid.

But i get it. He's a name people know & he plays WR - so obviously we have to have him?

Most Bills fans are so clueless.
It wouldn't cost any future cap space, since he'd be coming here with nothing guaranteed and we'd almost certainly let him go at the end of the season. I guess they could rework a long term deal, but I think much more likely is he'd be allowed to walk.

That said, I'm not interested in paying the premium it would cost to make the cap work.

As I've been saying for awhile, if there's a WR move to address our deficiencies, it's Diontae Johnson. Doubs is also an interesting option, since he's young and comes with 2 years of cheap contract.

All that said, with the WR group showing absolutely zero ability to get separation against man coverage, I don't think you need to be so demeaning towards fans that want a fix there.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
It wouldn't cost any future cap space, since he'd be coming here with nothing guaranteed and we'd almost certainly let him go at the end of the season. I guess they could rework a long term deal, but I think much more likely is he'd be allowed to walk.

That said, I'm not interested in paying the premium it would cost to make the cap work.

As I've been saying for awhile, if there's a WR move to address our deficiencies, it's Diontae Johnson. Doubs is also an interesting option, since he's young and comes with 2 years of cheap contract.

All that said, with the WR group showing absolutely zero ability to get separation against man coverage, I don't think you need to be so demeaning towards fans that want a fix there.

Diontae Johnson is my dream candidate. He's not just a name, he's a legitimately good fit.

I think it's fair to be frustrated when fans just assume that every and any name WR who expresses discontent with their current situation should be signed by the Bills. That's annoying and illogical (not that I think anyone on this forum is doing that, this is more prevalent on social media/WGR).

Reactions: Zman5778

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

If the Raiders are really going to trade things off for a rebuild, for the cost of acquisition -- I'd much rather Jakobi Myers than Davante. Yes, Davante is obviously the better WR.....but the Raiders would have to eat FAR less money to make it work and the cost would be significantly less than the cost for Adams.

And I think he would be a fine scheme fit.

Reactions: Husko

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
If the Raiders are really going to trade things off for a rebuild, for the cost of acquisition -- I'd much rather Jakobi Myers than Davante. Yes, Davante is obviously the better WR.....but the Raiders would have to eat FAR less money to make it work and the cost would be significantly less than the cost for Adams.

And I think he would be a fine scheme fit.
Big fan of Myers! Good route runner, strong separator, has produced with horrible QBs his whole career. And next season Bills would have him at just his 10 million base or could rework it to get that number down without too much long term damage.

Reactions: Zman5778

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

The Bills are a below average offense when passing the ball on 1st down.

I doubt the defense will be healthy prior to the trade deadline.

Given the lack of cap space ($2.9M today), I doubt they will be able to have a "all in" trade deadline even if they want to.

People forget that Mark Davis and the Raiders have serious cash flow issues and are highly unlikely to absorb all the Davante Adams 2024 base salary that the Bills would need them to, for instance.
I think I misinterpreted 'all in'. I really don't care for a receiver like Adams, and if we need the other team to eat some cap causing the acquisition price to go up, it better be for someone in their prime we're planning to keep around.

Im more talking about adding the Simmons of the world to this roster if we're on a clear path to the division and the offense is showing signs of life.

I suppose I'm saying, I'm good with the idea adding some solid contributors in season to fill a hole or two, but I wouldn't want Beane paying the premium for aging vets.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It would be silly to dump extreme assets into a year with this many holes on the roster but you also want to be sure the team is good enough year to year during Josh’s prime to give them a fighter’s chance of doing something

I think they can probably do that without spending like crazy

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Also maybe I missed him killing a guy or something but Hunter Renfrow for just cash would interest me more than MVS getting one target per game

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Granted, things could change with regards to practice availability, but it feels like they're approaching a doomsday scenario if Shakir, Samuel, and Cook are out.

At that point, you're rocking with Coleman, Hollins, MVS, and Shavers/Hamler as your top four WRs? And Johnson/Davis are your two RBs?

Yuck

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Granted, things could change with regards to practice availability, but it feels like they're approaching a doomsday scenario if Shakir, Samuel, and Cook are out.

At that point, you're rocking with Coleman, Hollins, MVS, and Shavers/Hamler as your top four WRs? And Johnson/Davis are your two RBs?

Yuck
Ray Davis hasn’t looked great imo … that would be rough. I’d sooner use Ty Johnson more at this juncture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad