NCAA GDT: Week 5: The Mega Powers Explode

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’d just like to reiterate that Colt McCoy, while a damn good qb at Texas, is the worst f***ing color commentator I have ever heard call a game
He sounds like fresh out of broadcast school and needs to remember what he’s trained to do before he says anything. As if he’s reading a script.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
He sounds like fresh out of broadcast school and needs to remember what he’s trained to do before he says anything. As if he’s reading a script.

Would’ve been smart to start out doing low level games and build your way up. Just bc you have a name and played doesn’t mean it’s going to translate to being a decent CC. Honestly should’ve started doing radio first then transitioned over.

Reactions: DaveG

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Freaking Ashton Jeanty with 845 rushing yards and 13 TDs in 4 games, despite sitting half of the Boise - Portland game. He's averaging over 10 yards per run so far this year.

I don't know if he adds anything at all in the pass game, either in pass pro or as a receiver. But as a pure running back, what a monster.

• Love
Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Freaking Ashton Jeanty with 845 rushing yards and 13 TDs in 4 games, despite sitting half of the Boise - Portland game. He's averaging over 10 yards per run so far this year.

I don't know if he adds anything at all in the pass game, either in pass pro or as a receiver. But as a pure running back, what a monster.

He added plenty in the passing game last year. 43 receptions for 569 yards and 5 TDs.

That part of his game hasn't been utilized this year, probably because they haven't needed to.

He's got to be the Heisman favorite at this point, and looks like a top 5 draft prospect (given how the NFL views RBs, I doubt he actually goes that high).

Guy has been unreal to watch so far. Craziest stat to me is he's had at least one 60+ yard run in every game this year so far. Against some good defenses, too.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He added plenty in the passing game last year. 43 receptions for 569 yards and 5 TDs.

That part of his game hasn't been utilized this year, probably because they haven't needed to.
That's good! He's gonna be fun in the NFL.

Always worth mentioning: because he's from a military family stationed close to Naples, his audition tape for high school was all about him running around, over, and presumably through, a bunch of Italian kids.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad