Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-2) at Jets (2-3 ) 10/14, 8:15 pm

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I wonder if they could include Samuel in a trade for someone like Davante Adams. It would give Buffalo a better chance at making the cap work, and would give Las Vegas a replacement WR for Adams instead of having to retain (as much) money on his contract. I’m still not sure if the cap would work even if Samuel was included. But just a thought since he doesn’t seem to be fitting in very well here.

If LV doesn't retain salary (and it's reported from multiple places multiple times that they don't want to), Adams to Buffalo WILL NOT happen.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
If LV doesn't retain salary (and it's reported from multiple places multiple times that they don't want to), Adams to Buffalo WILL NOT happen.
Yeah, forget that idea. I just looked up Samuel’s cap hit for this year and it’s only $3.4M. I assumed it was $8M and was thinking if they could clear most of that $8M it would open up that space for Adams, and with the $3M in cap space they currently have I was thinking it would get them much closer to the cap space they’d need to take on Adams $13.5M this year.

But it doesn’t seem to be a viable option due to the way Samuel’s contract was structured. Moving him doesn’t open up much cap space at all (I believe less than $2M if over the cap is accurate)

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Reactions: Jim Bob

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
very odd seeing Samuel’s usage in Buffalo, especially considering it was most likely Brady who wanted him signed. You’d think he’d know how to use him effectively since he seemed to in Carolina.

I wonder if they could include Samuel in a trade for someone like Davante Adams. It would give Buffalo a better chance at making the cap work, and would give Las Vegas a replacement WR for Adams instead of having to retain (as much) money on his contract. I’m still not sure if the cap would work even if Samuel was included. But just a thought since he doesn’t seem to be fitting in very well here.
I highly doubt it given the dead cap they would have to take on in a Samuel trade.

Screenshot 2024-10-07 113506.jpg

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I highly doubt it given the dead cap they would have to take on in a Samuel trade.

View attachment 913120

Yeah, see my next post above. I didn’t realize his cap hit was only $3.4M this year. I was thinking trading him could clear $8M but that isn’t the case.

Not sure which site is accurate but OverTheCap shows different numbers for a post June 1st trade for 2025 and beyond. It’s a moot point though because even if OTC’s numbers are correct it still doesn’t open up any cap space this year ($1.6M as your chart shows). According to overthecap, The real savings wouldn’t come till 2025, which does no good this year.

IMG_8308.jpeg

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm more angry at McD than I've ever been, aside from 13 seconds. How could they botch the end of the game so badly?

It was roll out Josh in the end zone and bomb balls out of bounds to waste time. Three times in a row. Each would take ten seconds and the punt would have been the last play of regulation. Escape to OT in a game you didn't deserve to have a shot at winning. Obvious. Insane.

One of the worst coaching mistakes I've ever seen. A 10-year old Madden player would know what to do there.
And this is why fans (video game couch heroes) are not coaches. This is an absolutely horrendous idea. So easy for a lineman to take a penalty safety, boom. Safety. One DL wins wide, boom, safety. One corner or slot blitz from that side, well you get the idea. Allen very often is more than 13 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he's running for his life to the right and the opposition contains him well (which Houston did all day). Well, here he can't do that because you also have to worry about the end line. Bottom line, this would require great blocking on that end from Buffalo to execute as well as Houston continuing to play along and not calling something from that edge. It also won't take close to 10 seconds per play unless Allen hangs in the pocket for 3-4 seconds then starts running. Which, obviously, even more dangerous

I can't even fathom someone thinking long developing rollout in that situation would even anacceptable, much less ideal way to go.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Where is matchup nightmare Kincaid on linebackers? When is Coleman going to fake a back shoulder route and run a different direction? Samuel's usage is an F-- no more working him back from injury excuses.

Team needs more motion, misdirection, and all around less predictable routes and player packages.

D needs better safety play in a bad way. Offense has not been able to execute a screen in 5 years. Allens deep ball accuracy has been trash last 4 years, but the receiver ALWAYS drops the accurate ones.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
YPP has a sobering review of the game going on Twitter. Nothing surprising really but it’s a fresh twist of the knife

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
And this is why fans (video game couch heroes) are not coaches. This is an absolutely horrendous idea. So easy for a lineman to take a penalty safety, boom. Safety. One DL wins wide, boom, safety. One corner or slot blitz from that side, well you get the idea. Allen very often is more than 13 yards behind the line of scrimmage when he's running for his life to the right and the opposition contains him well (which Houston did all day). Well, here he can't do that because you also have to worry about the end line. Bottom line, this would require great blocking on that end from Buffalo to execute as well as Houston continuing to play along and not calling something from that edge. It also won't take close to 10 seconds per play unless Allen hangs in the pocket for 3-4 seconds then starts running. Which, obviously, even more dangerous

I can't even fathom someone thinking long developing rollout in that situation would even anacceptable, much less ideal way to go.
I actually played madden with joe Brady a few times eons ago and he low key couldn’t situationally manage then either

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
very odd seeing Samuel’s usage in Buffalo, especially considering it was most likely Brady who wanted him signed. You’d think he’d know how to use him effectively since he seemed to in Carolina.

Beane gets a lot of well deserved credit, but his receiver signings have been 50/50. They got a lot out of McKenzie, Beasley, Brown, and Sanders. But the others ?

Perhaps Samuel's turf toe is holding him back, but it does look like usage and performance.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Also, opposing kickers are yet again perfect against us to start the year. Kicking overall is probably getting too good for the good of the sport, but man, guys do still miss on occasion in other games. And a 59 trader and whatever the one in the reason in Philly was part year weren't exactly normal "50+ yard" kicks. This team just can't buy a break sometimes.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yeah, see my next post above. I didn’t realize his cap hit was only $3.4M this year. I was thinking trading him could clear $8M but that isn’t the case.

Not sure which site is accurate but OverTheCap shows different numbers for a post June 1st trade for 2025 and beyond. It’s a moot point though because even if OTC’s numbers are correct it still doesn’t open up any cap space this year ($1.6M as your chart shows). According to overthecap, The real savings wouldn’t come till 2025, which does no good this year.

View attachment 913123
OTC does not show dead cap in a great way. They only show the current year's dead cap and does not show what rolls over into the following year. Spotrac is much better in that regard.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I didn't expect them to win, so, getting it down to a game winning FG at the end was more than I expected, especially with the 1st half the way it went.

That all being said, boy do our WRs look brutal. Hollins looked slow AF and a fish out of water on that deep ball. Multiple other drops. Coleman and Allen not on the same page at times.

It's tough when your best WR is a 5th round draft pick in his 3rd year that's never had 40 catches in a season. He's ruled out for the game and we look totally incompetent? That's glaring to me.

I came off the need for a top WR and am all about winning through the trenches, but you DO need capable receivers that can haul in a 40 yard pass and burn to pay dirt.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Beane gets a lot of well deserved credit, but his receiver signings have been 50/50. They got a lot out of McKenzie, Beasley, Brown, and Sanders. But the others ?

Perhaps Samuel's turf toe is holding him back, but it does look like usage and performance.
I can't understand Brady's usage to be honest. Samuel and MVS should be on the outside. Samuel can be a boundary receiver. Then when you want Coleman on the field, work Samuel inside with Shakir. Hollins should be a 5/blocking wideout.

Diggs was phased out but still had to be respected. They need a guy who defenses have to respect and account for. They also need to figure out Knox, get him involved or find him a new home.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

Sherfield was nice too. Probably the biggest issue is how they are used in the scheme. I'm sure he sat down with Brady and talked about what he wanted. Samuel is a great example. A guy they can move around, but has he run any go or deep routes? It seems like they are trying to force him into just a small gadget player but the offense just can't execute that type of play. Every screen or quick dump always gets eaten up. Told they wanna move him around get him in the backfield as a safety valve that the d needs to account for that will open up something else.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Sherfield was nice too. Probably the biggest issue is how they are used in the scheme. I'm sure he sat down with Brady and talked about what he wanted. Samuel is a great example. A guy they can move around, but has he run any go or deep routes? It seems like they are trying to force him into just a small gadget player but the offense just can't execute that type of play. Every screen or quick dump always gets eaten up. Told they wanna move him around get him in the backfield as a safety valve that the d needs to account for that will open up something else.
sorry, I was not a Sherfield fan at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad