Buffalo Bills Week 5 -- Buffalo (3-2) at Jets (2-3 ) 10/14, 8:15 pm

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
If the cap can work, I'd like to see both Amari Cooper and Diontae Johnson in Bills uniforms next week.

If it's just one, I'd imagine Cooper is a much cheaper price.

Cooper doesn't do it for me, but I guess that's why he'd have the cheaper price tag.
Diontae Johnson would be such safety valve for Josh though. I'd be fine with giving Carolina the Houston 2nd round pick for him. Or ours.

Curtis Samuel is just such a bum.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Cooper doesn't do it for me, but I guess that's why he'd have the cheaper price tag.
Diontae Johnson would be such safety valve for Josh though. I'd be fine with giving Carolina the Houston 2nd round pick for him. Or ours.

Curtis Samuel is just such a bum.
Who at receiver. We need one. Samuel will be alright. Mvs needs to be cut. Hamlin needs to be third safety. We need two players, is Hyde an option? One receiver w hands and speed that draws respect, to allow the rest to be great 3 .4 and 5. And allow shakir to a two. Maybe move Cook outside.

Beane was right to get rid of everyone. Even sir Diggs

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Who at receiver. We need one. Samuel will be alright. Mvs needs to be cut. Hamlin needs to be third safety. We need two players, is Hyde an option? One receiver w hands and speed that draws respect.

Beane was right to get rid of everyone. Even sir Diggs

I don't miss Diggs but I assume he catches that Mack Hollins pass. Hollins is so cool because he doesn't wear shoes, though lolz!!

I'm pondering which extension is going to get Beane fired first, Epenesa or Knox? Feel good stories should not translate into long-term commitments to overachievers.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I don't miss Diggs but I assume he catches that Mack Hollins pass. Hollins is so cool because he doesn't wear shoes, though lolz!!

I'm pondering which extension is going to get Beane fired first, Epenesa or Knox? Feel good stories should not translate into long-term commitments to overachievers.
Yr correct. Hollins is a good 5th. Maybe fourth. Mvs should be cut for shavers.

We need to get a speedy two w great hands at deadline and stay ahead in the east. Until.

Hopefully Coleman hangs w shakir and gets better every week and is all football. If so and we get a great fast distraction like john brown. A find like stevia johnson. We'll be fine as the
Josh telepathy w all five gets better

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It just feels like nobody's good in the league this year. But on the flip side nobodies terrible either (except maybe Carolina). Everyone is at least pretty good at one of offense or defense, and that means anyone can beat you if you have an off game.
It's a league with a lot of parity - but some teams do certainly stand out. Minnesota looks legit even with Sam Darnold at QB, Atlanta & Washington look like dark horses too. Then you have the usual suspects - KC keep winning despite playing badly. Detroit could easily be the best team in the league if Campbell/Johnson didn't get too cute & they just ran on teams.

And here's my point - through three games the Bills looked right up there too.

Buffalo (or anyone else) doesn't have a divine right to be the best team just because we have an elite QB. Allen shouldn't be immune from criticism either - he'll ultimately win you a lot more games than he'll lose - but he will also make more mistakes than other elite QBs. That's why they call it the Josh Allen experience

I honestly think many Bills fans expect this team to go 17-0 every season, then act like spoiled kids when thst inevitably doesn't happen. The Ravens are a regular season bully who excel at the one thing the Bills are genuinely not good at. Houston are also a very good team with an absolute stud at QB (Stroud belongs in the top tier IMO).

Unless Allen goes down - this team will win 11/12 games & be a threat to win any game in the playoffs. Realistically - that is as much as you can hope for as a fan.

Reactions: Zman5778

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
It was hard to watch Allen yesterday. Maybe he didn't get many opportunities with the receivers being covered but it was still like watching the lion Aslan being killed and shaved in Narnia as a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dubi Doo

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I'm more angry at McD than I've ever been, aside from 13 seconds. How could they botch the end of the game so badly?

It was roll out Josh in the end zone and bomb balls out of bounds to waste time. Three times in a row. Each would take ten seconds and the punt would have been the last play of regulation. Escape to OT in a game you didn't deserve to have a shot at winning. Obvious. Insane.

One of the worst coaching mistakes I've ever seen. A 10-year old Madden player would know what to do there.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm more angry at McD than I've ever been, aside from 13 seconds. How could they botch the end of the game so badly?

It was roll out Josh in the end zone and bomb balls out of bounds to waste time. Three times in a row. Each would take ten seconds and the punt would have been the last play of regulation. Escape to OT in a game you didn't deserve to have a shot at winning. Obvious. Insane.

One of the worst coaching mistakes I've ever seen. A 10-year old Madden player would know what to do there.
Video game players beat generals in simulations since they try to win the game in any way possible (and not caring about casualties etc). Not saying it proves your point but you often use cold logic when gaming, something you rarely do in real life.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Video game players beat generals in simulations since they try to win the game in any way possible (and not caring about casualties etc). Not saying it proves your point but you often use cold logic when gaming, something you rarely do in real life.
We could use some "cold logic" from McD soon or else he's not going to be around for long.

The only casualties at risk in my plan are unsuspecting fans getting hit in the head with Josh's clock-killing rainbows. 😂

Unreal.

EDIT: And it's the same reasoning why we shouldn't be shy about QB sneaking twice in a row on both 3rd and 4th and shorts. f*** convention, f*** shame. Just win. Figure it out.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The media is going to take their shots at Allen for his statement after the Jags game, and then posting the worst completion percentage in a game in the last 30 years against his former teammate. So many Billsy narratives to pull from after that loss. Geez.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I only watched some of the third and all of the fourth. But from what I watched, the WRs didn't give JA lots of options. Were the WR that bad? Or is the Houston D that good?
The Bills boundary WRs are not great, especially Hollins and MVS.

Keon is young and talented. The challenge is that Samuel was not able, or Brady has not been willing to use him, as the next man up in the Shakir role.

They were going with high ADOT deep shots yesterday without outside WRs that could win one on one matchups.

Brady was unwilling to give up on the deep shots against Houston's 1 high safety, middle of the field closed, defense.

Here are the issues, IMO, with the passing game yesterday:

- I am guessing that Allen's ADOT yesterday was by far the highest of the season. Houston did a good job of jumping screens and forced down the field, low percentage passes. And the Texans won that gamble the vast majority of the game.

- Cook and Davis only got 5 targets, Kincaid only caught 2 of 6 targets, and Knox was not targeted once.

- MVS & Samuel combined for 1 catch on 7 targets for 0 yards. That is not good enough from veteran WRs that you needed to step up with Shakir out.

- The Allen to Hollins deep game is not working. Hollins does not track deep shots well at all. He did have a great block on the Keon TD, though.

Reactions: Krieger Bot

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A few thoughts:

Not a great game for Allen....but his WRs didn't help him much.

I think what we are seeing is not having a WR that demands attention in the lineup makes it much easier to defend. I think Buffalo was able to scheme some people open for the first few weeks but a lot of film is out on what they do now.

If you think about our two TDs, the one running drive was Houston repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. The other was 4th and 5 that was a great play by Keon.

We were thoroughly outplayed....again. Only reason it was close was Houston making mistakes.

Yes, injuries are an issue.

But, not really an excuse for that.

My bigger issue is this is the second week in a row Allen has taken a massive shot. That isn't sustainable over an 17 game season. He needs a better safety valve or he's gonna be out by week 10.

Reactions: kirby11

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I don’t know how you take it out on the coach when your qb goes 9/31 passing and barely finds his way past 100 yards. At some point every decision will look bad because the players are incapable of getting anything to work.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don’t know how you take it out on the coach when your qb goes 9/31 passing and barely finds his way past 100 yards. At some point every decision will look bad because the players are incapable of getting anything to work.
The offensive gameplan was not conducive to winning against that Houston defense which played their game and should not have surprised the Bills. At all.

Allen had success over the first three games with the short passing game.

This week, they took low percentage deep shots over and over and over again without success outside of the one play on 4th down to Keon.

Brady is at his best when something works and he keeps hammering it. Exhibit A: running all over the Cowboys last year.

Brady is not good at adapting in-game when things are obviously not working and he needs to adapt to what is happening.

Allen wasn't great. But, Brady did not put him in a position to succeed yesterday, either.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Dialing up the long play on 2nd and 10 for Hollins is just malpractice. Maybe it’s on the qb to buck the call and just take the short stuff but that’s not who Josh is

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
A few thoughts:

Not a great game for Allen....but his WRs didn't help him much.

I think what we are seeing is not having a WR that demands attention in the lineup makes it much easier to defend. I think Buffalo was able to scheme some people open for the first few weeks but a lot of film is out on what they do now.

I dunno. Kincaid had 2 drops where he was open and Josh hit him. There were a NUMBER of plays where a good Josh throw results in a completion (bomb to Hollins, first throw to Coleman, seam throw to Kincaid, bomb to Hollins late-game, that screen to Cook that got blown up because Edwards stupidly disengaged to get upfield immediately pop to mind).

IMO, what the game came down to was this:

The O-line couldn't pass protect AT ALL in the first half. The run game was working in the first half, but Brady refused to pound it. But the big thing -- Josh was missing throws that he often makes. Period. The whole game boils down to Josh being off and then to a certain degree Brady not adjusting around that.

There were some plays that the WRs couldn't separate, but that happens to EVERY team on some plays. Josh wasn't making throws that we have grown accustomed to him making.

Bigger picture: Samuel is concerning. I don't know if we're not using him right or he's hurt or he's having an off-year or what. But him not playing well is killing us.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
very odd seeing Samuel’s usage in Buffalo, especially considering it was most likely Brady who wanted him signed. You’d think he’d know how to use him effectively since he seemed to in Carolina.

I wonder if they could include Samuel in a trade for someone like Davante Adams. It would give Buffalo a better chance at making the cap work, and would give Las Vegas a replacement WR for Adams instead of having to retain (as much) money on his contract. I’m still not sure if the cap would work even if Samuel was included. But just a thought since he doesn’t seem to be fitting in very well here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad