PATRIOTS GDT WEEK 5 1:01 PM - SQUISH THE FISH / FOX, CTV Montreal, 98.5 WBZ-FM

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Why the f*** was Douglas not on the field for that 4th down play?

Just utter incompetence from the coaching staff.

Then throwing to the middle of the field with no TOs.

Absolutely abhorrent team.

Reactions: Mione134

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Why does this team have to torture me? They did everything but win the game. How the f*** do you have different rules for the sideline and end zone? A toe tap counts anywhere except the end zone? Makes sense NFL

Reactions: capecodder

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They need to start transitioning Maye to play next week.

Jacoby's throws are just not good. I appreciate him taking his licks. He holds the ball too long. But the time is now.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Could have approached that differently if they just kicked the field goal to make it a 2 point game instead of going for it on 4th and 15. If you were half way closer to a first down, i get it but that spot should have been a field goal. The line doesn't block well enough to let plays develop and if they do Brissett might not make the right throw anyway.

1-16 is a legit possibility though. You fire a coach for going 4-13, you only do that if you think it can't get worse. Going to be interesting to see the pr spin on the offensive and defensive coaching getting worse.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Thwy
You’ll get the better pick. But will Pats fans be afraid to play him too because he might lose his confidence or get hurt??

I’m only half joking…
Not many redshirt top 5 linemen in the league.

The toe tap/foot down has been the rule... forever? Not sure why people were confused.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
They need to get rid of nepo Wolf. What kind of asshole goes into the season with no LT and the plan is plug players in who never played there.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
They need to start transitioning Maye to play next week.

Jacoby's throws are just not good. I appreciate him taking his licks. He holds the ball too long. But the time is now.

Putting Maye behind that o-line won't produce better results, At best he get injured, at worst it turns him into Mac 2.0.

This team is Rod Rust level bad. Embrace the tank for the next couple of years and hope they turn it around in 2027 or so.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Putting Maye behind that o-line won't produce better results, At best he get injured, at worst it turns him into Mac 2.0.

This team is Rod Rust level bad. Embrace the tank for the next couple of years and hope they turn it around in 2027 or so.
If you're not gonna play your #3 pick this season, then you shouldn't have drafted a QB at that spot in the first place...

There's no logical reason why he shouldn't have played this week vs Miami, other than the fact that he's struggling and the coaching staff doesn't have any confidence in him yet. Which to me, would be troubling.

Reactions: Mione134

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
If you're not gonna play your #3 pick this season, then you shouldn't have drafted a QB at that spot in the first place...

There's no logical reason why he shouldn't have played this week vs Miami, other than the fact that he's struggling and the coaching staff doesn't have any confidence in him yet. Which to me, would be troubling.

Yeah no logical reason besides not wanting to ruin him like so many other top pick QBs who got thrown to the wolves behind a non existent o line and zero NFL quality recievers

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yeah no logical reason besides not wanting to ruin him like so many other top pick QBs who got thrown to the wolves behind a non existent o line and zero NFL quality recievers
Then why waste the #3 pick on a QB that you're never going to play, to begin with?

Jesus, the PTSD Pats fans have from Mac Jones is really something.....

Last edited:
Reactions: shoulders7

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Mayo was the worst possible choice for HC, Kraft has to sell the team. All those years of people pissing on BB for not signing FA and turns out it was Kraft preventing BB the whole time. Kraft=John Henry.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

The o-line isn't going to get magically better next year. There are throws to be made by
Jacoby and he couldn't make it. He's too indecisive. Many times our WR's are open.

This game would of been the perfect spot to start.

I don't think AVP is the right guy for Maye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad