NFL GDT: Week 4: Revenge of the Red Rifle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Figured with Seattle down 2/3 of their starting DL (Murphy/Williams) and going up against an elite OL, they were going to be in trouble against the Lions run game. Game really turned on the fumble by DK which allowed Det to go up 2 scores.

I don't get the analytics of going for 2 when down 2 TD's to either be down 8 or 6 after the try. Because, you need to have 2 really good 2 point plays as if you miss on the first, then to tie the game, you absolutely need to get the 2nd one.

3-1 is what I expected out of the Hawks through 4 weeks. Tough travel to get ready for the NYG on Sunday, a game they need to win. Can't look ahead to the following TNF vs SF. Need to head into that game 4-1. Hawks have a week 10 bye. NYG, SF, ATL, Buf, LAR before it. Seattle needs to be able to split with SF to prove that they have finally turned the corner from a pair of 9-8 seasons. Been swept by SF since Russ left (which includes a PO game as well).

Last edited:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Figured with Seattle down 2/3 of their starting DL (Murphy/Williams) and going up against an elite OL, they were going to be in trouble against the Lions run game. Game really turned on the fumble by DK which allowed Det to go up 2 scores.

I don't get the analytics of going for 2 when down 2 TD's to either be down 8 or 6 after the try. Because, you need to have 2 really good 2 point plays as if you miss on the first, then to tie the game, you absolutely need to get the 2nd one.

3-1 is what I expected out of the Hawks through 4 weeks. Tough travel to get ready for the NYG on Sunday, a game they need to win. Can't look ahead to the following TNF vs SF. Need to head into that game 4-1. Hawks have a week 10 bye. NYG, SF, ATL, Buf, LAR before it. Seattle needs to be able to split with SF to prove that they have finally turned the corner from a pair of 9-8 seasons. Been swept by SF since Russ left (which includes a PO game as well).
If you get the 2 point conversion, you're only down two field goals. If you don't, you're at a slight disadvantage, sure, but chances of making the 2nd 2 point conversion is still pretty good. And then, of course, if you make the 2 point conversion, you only need a TD plus extra point to win the game.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If you get the 2 point conversion, you're only down two field goals. If you don't, you're at a slight disadvantage, sure, but chances of making the 2nd 2 point conversion is still pretty good. And then, of course, if you make the 2 point conversion, you only need a TD plus extra point to win the game.
Seattle scored their 4th TD with a few minutes to go in the 3rd, but also the way Detroit was moving the ball, Seattle couldn't be banking and getting 2 FG to tie the game later in the 4th. That was not happening. It was a game of TD's.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Seattle scored their 4th TD with a few minutes to go in the 3rd, but also the way Detroit was moving the ball, Seattle couldn't be banking and getting 2 FG to tie the game later in the 4th. That was not happening. It was a game of TD's.
True, but in that case, it's probably better to have the potential game ending win banked from having successfully scored a 2 point conversion than to tie it and having the Lions win the coin toss in overtime and just march down the field.

It's probably a hint of what Macdonald will do in the future more than anything.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
True, but in that case, it's probably better to have the potential game ending win banked from having successfully scored a 2 point conversion than to tie it and having the Lions win the coin toss in overtime and just march down the field.

It's probably a hint of what Macdonald will do in the future more than anything.
In Balt, Harbaugh could be aggressive with his 2 point tries as he had Lamar's running ability as an option. It's different with Geno as QB.

I can understand why they opt to go for 2 first rather than if they did end up getting a TD to pull within 1 and then try for 2. As you want that chance to get to OT if you miss on the first one, but if you go 0-2 on the 2 points, you're losing the game still.

Road team, I'm all for going for 2 vs going into OT if you tie it up late.

Reactions: Romang67

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

2 years/36 million left on his deal and is age 32. I'm not sure they would get much back.

LV Not getting what they gave up for him that is for sure.

No matter what, he's not playing on the current contract he has left. No more guaranteed money and a really high base salary for 2025, so if the Raiders don't take care of business before the TDL, they would have to move him.
Schedule for them in until their bye on Nov 10 is:
@ Den, Pitt, @ LAR, KC, @ Cin.

TDL is Nov 5, so it is after their last game before their bye week.

Right now, LV is tied with 5 other clubs at 2-2. All division leaders outside of KC are 3-1.

LV needs to win 3 of their next 5 games (at least) to hold onto Adams after the TDL. That would be 5-4 through 9 games.

After their bye week:
@ MIA, Den, @ KC, TB, ATL, Jax, @No, LAC

Is there 5 wins here? With Adams they have a legit shot. I think there is. Might even be 6 wins. But, they do need to hit the bye week with a winning record IMO.

Key games in the tie breaker for the WC would be Pitt, Cin, LAC as H2H could be the decider.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
LV Not getting what they gave up for him that is for sure.

No matter what, he's not playing on the current contract he has left. No more guaranteed money and a really high base salary for 2025, so if the Raiders don't take care of business before the TDL, they would have to move him.
Schedule for them in until their bye on Nov 10 is:
@ Den, Pitt, @ LAR, KC, @ Cin.

TDL is Nov 5, so it is after their last game before their bye week.

Right now, LV is tied with 5 other clubs at 2-2. All division leaders outside of KC are 3-1.

LV needs to win 3 of their next 5 games (at least) to hold onto Adams after the TDL. That would be 5-4 through 9 games.

After their bye week:
@ MIA, Den, @ KC, TB, ATL, Jax, @No, LAC

Is there 5 wins here? With Adams they have a legit shot. I think there is. Might even be 6 wins. But, they do need to hit the bye week with a winning record IMO.

Key games in the tie breaker for the WC would be Pitt, Cin, LAC as H2H could be the decider.

Adams is week to week with an injury and based on all the reports, it's smells a bit like Adams isn't going to hurry back unless he's on a new team and everyone knows it.

My big question is how is an acquiring team going to deal with the money he's got left. All the Steelers fans are staring greedily at him, but unless he's going to play nice over restructuring his last two years, I wouldn't want him for free.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Quite frankly, the Adams move was more an attempt to f*** the Chiefs and help Bill Belichick rather than smartly improve the Raiders.

For a guy who came out of the Belichick tree, paying for an asset at its highest price is simply not rational to build a team.

Well, it did move Tyreek Hill out but it did not materially effect the Chiefs. There were effects, like a less productive offense, but not material because the Chiefs still won Super Bowls.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Adams is week to week with an injury and based on all the reports, it's smells a bit like Adams isn't going to hurry back unless he's on a new team and everyone knows it.

My big question is how is an acquiring team going to deal with the money he's got left. All the Steelers fans are staring greedily at him, but unless he's going to play nice over restructuring his last two years, I wouldn't want him for free.
Adams got paid $19.25 in SB in 2022, $4 mill in Base for $23 mill. $26.6 mill in 2023 and $17 mill in 2024. Real average was about $22.5 mill. That was his guaranteed money. Now getting into non guaranteed years, but those are massive amounts in base salary of $35.6 mill per for each of 2025 and 2026.

Would expect Adams to leverage that into more guaranteed money or he dares the club to pay him the full $35.6 mill base salary. Which a team won't do. Going to aim to get $50-$55 mill over those 2 years on a new deal most likely. Probably in a $20 mill SB and base salaries that keep him cap hit at around $20 mill per season, leaving a dead cap of $10 mill or so for year 3 if the team opts to not keep him after 2026.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad