NFL GDT: Week 4: Revenge of the Red Rifle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.h473.w710.jpg
Poor Jan.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Did Watson just get super lazy after getting all that guaranteed money?

I would normally blame coaching to an extent but Flacco did well last year with the same offence.
Probably a combination of a few things. His arm looks shot, he's nowhere near the runner he used to be before the injuries, and... yeah, I suspect that Deshaun Watson might have taken the money and felt quite okay with his career.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Did Watson just get super lazy after getting all that guaranteed money?

I would normally blame coaching to an extent but Flacco did well last year with the same offence.
It could be a number of things; he doesn't give a damn anymore, the fact he was outed as human garbage actually took a toll on him mentally, maybe that shoulder injury did more damage than being let on. Wouldn't be the first mobile QB we seen have their prime essentially ended by something similar (see; Newton, Cameron)

The funny thing is as @EpochLink said, Watson held on to the ball too long multiple times today but that's nothing new. By far his worst trait in his Houston days was his tendency to play hero ball/hold on to it too long. Only difference, there was way, way more good that came with the bad especially since Bill O'Brien actually knew how to put a decent scheme in place. Stefanski certainly does as well given this same offense grabbed 400 year old Joe Flacco off the couch and had him look the best he looked probably since his super bowl run.

The stopped giving a shit theory gains more cred though when Watson comes out and says "i'm not a runningback" in response to the coaching staff saying they might need to try more QB runs to give the offense a new wrinkle instead of doing what's asked of you to help your team win.

Last edited:

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah even cutting him in 2026 would be a HEAVY pill to swallow given it would be a 99 million dead cap hit charge.

@Troy McClure's suggestion after the Dallas game of simply benching him and treating him like shit so he ****s off might unironically be the only way out of that deal. That or the pending league investigation turns up enough dirt for the Browns to tear it up.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Harbaugh's ability to immediately turn the team into a powerhouse on the ground may have been slightly overstated after wins over the Raiders and Panthers. The Chargers have 116 yards rushing in their last two games.

Didn't Harbaugh say after beating the Raiders and Panthers, the Chargers were now 'ready to play playoff teams'.

Lose to Pittsburgh and now Kansas City, both games held at 10 points of offence. Now both the Chargers and Raiders are 2-2.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Kinda hard to say week 4 is a must win but it certainly feels like it for Baltimore.

Didn't Harbaugh say after beating the Raiders and Panthers, they Chargers were now 'ready to play playoff teams'.

Lose to Pittsburgh and now Kansas City, both games held at 10 points of offence. Now both the Chargers and Raiders are 2-2.
I don't know how even a lunatic like Harbaugh can believe that. They lost their top 2 WRs and starting runningback in the offseason on top of doing nothing to fix their shitty o-line outside of Alt.

You're not fixing all of that just with good coaching.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Kinda hard to say week 4 is a must win but it certainly feels like it for Baltimore.

I don't know how even a lunatic like Harbaugh can believe that. They lost their top 2 WRs and starting runningback in the offseason on top of doing nothing to fix their shitty o-line outside of Alt.

You're not fixing all of that just with good coaching.
it is

schedule doesn't get much easier for them after this

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It's still over $100M after 3 years, I think. LOL The brownest.

As funny as it is
I don’t think it is mathematically impossible in any scenario as the salary cap is like $235 million
(I could be wrong)

So you have to field 50+ guys with $65 million

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Browns are better off deactivating for as long as they have to than cutting him. They have to pay him anyways. May as well not spread the money out even longer.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
As funny as it is
I don’t think it is mathematically possible in any scenario as the salary cap is like $235 million
(I could be wrong)

So you have to field 50+ guys with $65 million

The Browns were total clowns to give him all that guaranteed money.
What a crippling franchise decision that was.

Reactions: Breakers

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Browns were total clowns to give him all that guaranteed money.
What a crippling franchise decision that was.
Dolphins and Falcons fans thank them every day for taking that bullet rather than the dumb ass teams we cheer for.

Tua might be a fraud but at the very least he seems like a genuinely good man off the field.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Dolphins and Falcons fans thank them every day for taking that bullet rather than the dumb ass teams we cheer for.

Tua might be a fraud but at the very least he seems like a genuinely good man off the field.

Falcons really dodged a bullet, I for sure thought he was going there.
Tua has had his moments at least with Miami, the only thing Watson has done with Cleveland is play air guitar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad