Buffalo Bills Week 4 -- Buffalo (3-0) vs Baltimore (1-2) Sun 09/29 · 8:20 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Didn’t the ravens have one of the best rushing offenses in nfl history the first time we shut them down? I could be totally among that up haha
If you are referring to the 2020 playoff win, the Ravens did lead the NFL in rushing that year.

But, it's not the same as what they are doing this year:

Screenshot 2024-09-24 152040.jpg

23.jpg

I won't put anything past McD, Babich, and the players they have on D. But, this is a different puzzle to solve than that team was.

Reactions: Zman5778

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Couple of thoughts 3 weeks in:
  1. I take back all of my concerns about neutral play pass rates from week #1. I just needed to see that Brady could/would aggressively attack the defense. I know it's just one game, but now that I've seen it I'll feel a lot better about Brady moving forward.
  2. Pass play design, use of pre-snap motion, ability to consistently create personnel mismatches, yes please :thumbu:
  3. I've been saying it for a while, but: Elite QB + Elite OL >>> Elite QB + Elite WRs. Our Oline has been incredible. Hopefully they can keep this up against some tougher, more physical front sevens.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It was funny when a Chiefs fan complained about them dropping from 1 to 2 in a different power ranking citing the Bills having "only" beaten teams with a combined 2-7 record as the reason they should not have leapfrogged the still unbeaten Chiefs who it turns out, shockingly, have also beaten opponents with a combined 2-7 record, lol. The Chiefs have won by an average of 4.3 points while Buffalo has won by 21.3 points. Oh, the Jacksonville game is an anomaly, fine, they won the other team games by an overage of 13.5 points. Oh, Tua was injured so that doesn't count either, okay then they won their other game by six points which is still more than two of the three KC victories.

Sorry. Chiefs fans are insufferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I love how the crowd sees (anticipates the throw) Coleman open on his TD a second before Josh throws it

Last edited:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
A few thoughts:

#1. I was legit worried about this game. Last year this was the game where the Bills simply vomited all over themselves (and the years previous)
#2. The Bills have not played a legit defense as of yet. They've played flawed defenses that were exploitable, though, I will say its been nice to see the offenses versatility.

Play a cover 2 shell, Buffalo will give you a steady diet of James Cook until you show you can stop the run.

Play a man heavy run stop game, Buffalo will exploit with PA and crossing patterns until you switch.

#3. I still think the injuries in the middle of the defense are exploitable for other teams.

I think we're going to see a boat load of Derrick Henry and horizontal movement with a good mix of PA put in there. I also expect to see a good dose of Lamar running for 1sts like Kyler did against us.

Overall, I expect Baltimore to run a ball control style game and try to go over the top.

Their defensive line overwhelmed Dallas at times, so that will be a good matchup.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I wrote something earlier today about how I would draft based on the current team. It'd be a healthy does of linemen. Keep Allen upright and with time, and dominate the line of scrimmage. It's WAY early, but here's how I'd draft to illustrate those points. I used PFF's list, with some projection of my own (over drafting due to what I think will be a rise in stock).

1: Jack Sawyer, DE Ohio State. High energy, physical end who is more brute power than speed. He's the kind of end who will wear down a tackle, won't get bullied, and uses a high end motor to get to the QB. Gets a year behind Epenesa.

2: Wyatt Milum, OT West Virginia. I really wanted Josh Simmons from Ohio State in the 2nd, but Minnesota is doing too well, and Simmons won't fall. Milum is an athletic OT who projects as a LT. I'd either train him for a year or two, or put him at LG now in place of Edwards. The idea would be to eventually flop Dawkins and Milum in a year or two.

2: Jonah Monheim, OL USC. I list Monheim as a OL because he's played everywhere for USC. I think he ends up at center. He's a tall, athletic lineman who could start as soon as McGovern's contract is done. The criticism here is that Buffalo is drafting a depth pick in the 2nd round. But that's what some of these players become anyway. Look at Bishop (safety).

3: Rod Moore, S Michigan. Love this player. Super high IQ. Looks like Micah Hyde to me. Has played in a ton of big games.

4: Nazir Stackhouse, DT Georgia. There are only two really good one technique DTs in this draft. Dontay Corleone is the best and won't make it to Buffalo's pick in the first round. The other is Stackhouse. I'm projecting this pick.

4: Quincey Riley, CB Louisville. Developmental CB pick who adds depth to the secondary. Douglas might be gone at this point, and Elam would be in his option year.

4: Nick Martin, LB Oklahoma State. Martin is the type of ultra-fast, undersized linebacker the Bills like. He adds more depth, especially if the Bills aren't sure if Milano can stay healthy.

5: Tony Grimes, CB UNLV. A long zone CB who has elite athletic ability. He hasn't translated it yet, but he's worth developing. Could help on special teams immediately.

6: Raheim Sanders, RB South Carolina. A battering ram of a running back. Doesn't have a ton of wiggle but would be an asset on short yardage.

7: Bryce Foster, IOL Kansas. Elite athlete for an offensive lineman. Comparable to Creed Humphries athletically, but hasn't put it together yet. Worth developing.

This draft is the type of draft McDermott would love. Add some depth, lots of rookies developing behind starters, and keeps the lines strong while adding low budget depth to the back seven of the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad