NCAA GDT: Week 3: Alabama Comes to Get Down, Get Out Badgers' Seat and Jump Around

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I get it. Probably should have left out the 60 point L they took to Georgia because I had a feeling this was the response it would prompt.

Again, no one is arguing this FSU team (or their orange bowl iteration) is the same roster that was under consideration for the CFP last year. Just pointing out that FSU did not have the caliber program that can survive their star QB going down and still deserve to be in the CFP.

Sounds like you don’t disagree with me, if you don’t think any of last years CFP teams should have been left out?
Well, no, Florida State was a power conference champion, they should've been in. It's led to the potential destabilization of the conference simply because the quaterback got hurt. The injury caveat is in the apparent process of evaluation, which apparently is grounds to completely dismiss the body of work that existed, which was that they won every game they played.

Otherwise, no, they're not that caliber of program, but they are, or were, a major conference. When Cincinnati got into the playoff, they did have to put more than one season together, but they were also a G5 team.

Reactions: Tryamw

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
I get it. Probably should have left out the 60 point L they took to Georgia because I had a feeling this was the response it would prompt.

Again, no one is arguing this FSU team (or their orange bowl iteration) is the same roster that was under consideration for the CFP last year. Just pointing out that FSU did not have the caliber program that can survive their star QB going down and still deserve to be in the CFP.

Sounds like you don’t disagree with me, if you don’t think any of last years CFP teams should have been left out?
I was one of the ones last year who didn't think much of them. BC ran up almost 500 yards of offense on them, the only reason they didn't blow them out is they took something like 18 penalties. Duke was beating them and going in for another score when their QB got hurt, and the backup was horrible. And they got lucky in a couple other games as well.

If they did get into the playoffs they'd probably have been crushed by whoever they played. All the whining and nonsense with the playoffs, the embarrassment of the GA game, and now this - wow.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Did anyone see if they showed the Jump Around at the 4th quarter in Wisconsin?

There’s no tradition like showing Wisconsin fans doing the Jump Around while the team is getting the brakes beaten off.

Speaking of such games, Notre Dame came in pissed off obv. 52-7 in the 3rd over Purdue.

Oregon beating the Beavs, 39-14 as they score to start the 4th.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Texas A&M 20, Florida 0 at half. :biglaugh:

Florida:
3 1st downs
7 rushing yards
7:14 TOP
Alternating quarterbacks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Florida offense looking warm to start the half. Had a long touchdown called back.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Graham Mertz throws a pick 6.

33-7

Pitt in the red zone

The Cougs upset the Huskies in the Apple Cup

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Shadeur looks good...putting the ball right on the receiver in stride, fitting in tight windows.

When he has time he's just lethal

• Haha
Reactions: MM917

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
I was one of the ones last year who didn't think much of them. BC ran up almost 500 yards of offense on them, the only reason they didn't blow them out is they took something like 18 penalties. Duke was beating them and going in for another score when their QB got hurt, and the backup was horrible. And they got lucky in a couple other games as well.

If they did get into the playoffs they'd probably have been crushed by whoever they played. All the whining and nonsense with the playoffs, the embarrassment of the GA game, and now this - wow.
If FSU’s QB never got hurt last year then yeah they have a legit gripe at being left out of the CFP. But their backup was clearly in way over his head.. Dude threw for 55 yards and a pathetic 2.6 y/a in the ACC championship against Louisville, and their offense mustered all of 1 touchdown.. and that’s BEFORE all their guys opted out. But we’re supposed to believe they would’ve been competitive with Georgia if they hadn’t had a bunch of players opt out? No chance.

I acknowledge there is some unfairness in leaving out a P5 conf champ winner.. but at the end of the day you want the four best teams. Clear as day after that ACC championship game FSU wasn’t even in the top 5.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if you took Texas or Alabama and put them in the bowl game with Georgia there is no chance

So who would you have left out to put FSU in?

If FSU’s QB never got hurt last year then yeah they have a legit gripe at being left out of the CFP. But their backup was clearly in way over his head.. Dude threw for 55 yards and a pathetic 2.6 y/a in the ACC championship against Louisville, and their offense mustered all of 1 touchdown.. and that’s BEFORE all their guys opted out. But we’re supposed to believe they would’ve been competitive with Georgia if they hadn’t had a bunch of players opt out? No chance.

I acknowledge there is some unfairness in leaving out a P5 conf champ winner.. but at the end of the day you want the four best teams. Clear as day after that ACC championship game FSU wasn’t even in the top 5.
Alabama

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado up on Colorado State 14-3 at half and the Rams have lost their best player

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Stanford Steve made a good call on Tennessee, they’ve covered at halfway through the 2nd and the line was 49

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Terrible throw by the Colorado State QB.

Buffs actually get a turnover and set up inside the red zone.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I see FSU has seriously stepped it up and taken the next logical step after not caring about the Orange Bowl last season—not caring about the entire 2024 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad