NCAA GDT: Week 3: Alabama Comes to Get Down, Get Out Badgers' Seat and Jump Around

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Memphis wins 20-12

Florida State 0-3. They are not going to the Expanded College Football Playoff.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
INTERCEPTION by Nussmeier in the end zone. Wow

Penalty negates a touchdown return

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Brock Huard echoing what I said about how odd it feels to do rivalry weekend in September.
Oregon hasn't found their stride yet this year, would be fun to watch the beavs surprise them.

Will still pull for the Ducks against the original B1G teams later this season.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
You can’t compare the two teams last season vs. this one.
Not arguing they’re the same team.

IMO there are certain programs whose track records support giving them the benefit of the doubt that they’d still be competitive in the CFP when their starting QB goes down. I posit that FSU is not one of those programs and I think their anemic performance this year vindicates that position, along with their 60 point loss in the Orange Bowl.

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

IMO there are certain programs whose track records support giving them the benefit of the doubt that they’d still be competitive in the CFP when their starting QB goes down. I posit that FSU is not one of those programs and I think their anemic performance this year vindicates that position, along with their 60 point loss in the Orange Bowl.
They lost 11 players to the NFL, and I think all of them opted out of the Orange Bowl.

The Orange Bowl was a meaningless game. It has no bearing on anything. Not the same QB, not the same skill players, not the same DL. 18 starters return, yes, but there’s a reason they hit the transfer portal hard. If they had most of the same players, yes. But they don’t.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

I don't think you can hold that bowl game against them, that was essentially their backups playing. But they're absolutely terribad this year. Figured they would be good for 8-9 wins on talent alone simply because the ACC is down this year, but they're just flat out dog shit.

Reactions: Tryamw

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
They lost 11 players to the NFL, and I think all of them opted out of the Orange Bowl.

The Orange Bowl was a meaningless game. It has no bearing on anything. Not the same QB, not the same skill players, not the same DL. 18 starters return, yes, but there’s a reason they hit the transfer portal hard. If they had most of the same players, yes. But they don’t.
I get it. Probably should have left out the 60 point L they took to Georgia because I had a feeling this was the response it would prompt.

Again, no one is arguing this FSU team (or their orange bowl iteration) is the same roster that was under consideration for the CFP last year. Just pointing out that FSU did not have the caliber program that can survive their star QB going down and still deserve to be in the CFP.

Sounds like you don’t disagree with me, if you don’t think any of last years CFP teams should have been left out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad