NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Not completely deserved but Miami's coach is a name to watch this season to get canned.

I understand that smartest thing to do now is sign your guys before the price escalates. But I would have balked on Tua...Way too much injury baggage

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not completely deserved but Miami's coach is a name to watch this season to get canned.

I understand that smartest thing to do now is sign your guys before the price escalates. But I would have balked on Tua...Way too much injury baggage

Last year was the contract year, I felt like he played way beyond what he’s capable of.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
f***, Tua. It sucks, but at some point he has to quit to protect himself.
This one, I can understand Tua not sliding. He had just gotten past the 1st down marker, but if he slides, he might have started it early and thus might get ruled short of the line of the gain and it being 4th down, with his pick 6, he didn't wanted to ensure he got the first down.

But, he does need to consider his future. At some point, he will clear the concussion protocol, but even with a mini break, of 10 days, he really should not be starting vs SEA next week. As for his NFL future, I agree, he needs to consider his future. No amount of money is worth your health. As the #5 pick and 5th year option, he will have made around $47 mill, so he's set for life. Even if he has to return most of the SB he just got on his new contract.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
This one, I can understand Tua not sliding. He had just gotten past the 1st down marker, but if he slides, he might have started it early and thus might get ruled short of the line of the gain and it being 4th down, with his pick 6, he didn't wanted to ensure he got the first down.

But, he does need to consider his future. At some point, he will clear the concussion protocol, but even with a mini break, of 10 days, he really should not be starting vs SEA next week. As for his NFL future, I agree, he needs to consider his future. No amount of money is worth your health. As the #5 pick and 5th year option, he will have made around $47 mill, so he's set for life. Even if he has to return most of the SB he just got on his new contract.
I didn't realize he's only 26. It will obviously be near impossible to convince someone that young to give up on his dreams. But... yeah, we've seen the Wade Belaks and Derek Boogards. He needs to stop this. It won't end well.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

I thought he was the hot up and comer. He has been outcoached tonight. This doesn't look like the same team that put up 70 last year in a game, despite a lot of the same players are back.

It's been a terrible night for the receivers.

Achane getting an extra pounding for no reason

for a question of if he was able to play today or not, they have been giving him a lot of work.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I didn't realize he's only 26. It will obviously be near impossible to convince someone that young to give up on his dreams. But... yeah, we've seen the Wade Belaks and Derek Boogards. He needs to stop this. It won't end well.
Well, he was a True Junior when he came out of Bama. He was a true freshman when he came into the Championship game for Hurts and won them the game vs Georgia.

So, he was 21 in the year he was drafted. Now in year 5 in the NFL.

Reactions: Romang67

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
A .10 bet would win $38. Worth it.
Ah, but a .10 bet will lose .10. Still worth it?

Maybe. If my wife weren't the money maker in the household, I would bet a lot of money on their being 0-2 after this weekend. The Chargers are going to run it down their throat.
Well, he was a True Junior when he came out of Bama. He was a true freshman when he came into the Championship game for Hurts and won them the game vs Georgia.

So, he was 21 in the year he was drafted. Now in year 5 in the NFL.
It's sad to see. He seems like a great guy, and the martial arts - learning how to fall story was an inspiring one. Maybe if he had done it after concussion #2, it would have helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad