NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
So Trevor Lawrence's last NFL win was Thanksgiving 2023. Not saying the dude is a bum but...
Man I don’t want to make excuses but our O line is basically just invisible spirits in football equipment and jerseys. Press Taylor is a complete bum too. I want to see TLaw persevere and find a way to make plays but the main thing we needed to fix in the off-season was the O Line and we did absolutely nothing.
All Jags fans thought him becoming a cripple by the end of last season was the obvious marker, but maybe him getting just straight out KIA would make it more of a priority.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
It's interesting that you draft a pure pocket passer that does not scramble and then fail to give him an OLine. Williams hasn't been great, but he hasn't really been given a chance to play to his strengths.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
It's interesting that you draft a pure pocket passer that does not scramble and then fail to give him an OLine. Williams hasn't been great, but he hasn't really been given a chance to play to his strengths.
Because finding solid Oline players isn’t easy. I’m sure they know they need that, but knowing a problem is easy. Solving it, is another story.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Because finding solid Oline players isn’t easy. I’m sure they know they need that, but knowing a problem is easy. Solving it, is another story.
This has been a trend for a while now. To put it into context this is an article from 2016 outlining similar concerns; Why one of the NFL's most crucial position groups is in crisis

In short, all the big lunkheads that used to make up offensive lines are being recruited and played elsewhere; mostly defensive line and in some cases completely different sports.

The top of the heap guys like Sewell, Wirfs, etc still get found in the draft but depth at the position is declining. Can't say i blame the kids either. You could play a mostly thankless position for less money and a lot more long term risk given you're banging helmets every play. Or, you can work at being an edge rusher which is a much more glamorous position and pays better.

Reactions: fin8

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you want to go when you have put a few drives together, then ok, but your first chance to score and you don’t have your best receiver. Just tried to force a ball to Johnnie Wilson who was a 3rd day draft pick. Don’t have to go for it just because the analytics say so, sometimes you take what you’re given

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not sure if Kirk didn't see the deep shot, he just may not be able to get it there. Even the intermediate pass to London was a duck (unless it got tipped).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lets go old school and have a nice little Saquon vs. Bijan match up. 30 carries a piece.

I don't need/want to see either one of these QBs drop back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That penalty might be the worst I've seen called this weekend. He delayed absolutely nothing by spiking the ball there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad