NCAA GDT: Week 2: Big Noon With the Big Horns at the Big House

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I will say this. Texas has always been high in recruiting rankings but watching the players they didn’t look different.

The players sark is getting and developing look different. These guys are just big, fast, strong.

After the first drive yesterday, I looked at my buddy and was just like ‘we are going to dominate them. We have the better scheme, severely more athletic then these guys’

To be fair to TTUN, they lost 18 of 22 starters and Texas brought back 15 of 22, so of course they will look more like a complete team.

They are better, but I bet if this was played week 10, it would be closer.

Reactions: DaveG

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
To be fair to TTUN, they lost 18 of 22 starters and Texas brought back 15 of 22, so of course they will look more like a complete team.

They are better, but I bet if this was played week 10, it would be closer.
We had 11 drafted as well, replaced our entire WR core, the two best defensive tackles in football last year.

That game wouldn’t been close no matter when we played.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I imagine there are plenty in that lockeroom sick of the Sanders family
Yeah, this is the stuff that’s going to sink him. I could see a team rolling the dice later in the first round, because he does have the skills, talent, and football IQ, get the 5th year option. Some believe he has the on-field leadership, for all the things that happen, the players on the field don’t quit. But throwing teammates under the bus publicly - the flags don’t get redder.

Some will blame this on added scrutiny because of who he is, but it’s hard to deny what’s out there on video. Quinn Ewers, Carson Beck, Drew Allar, Cam Ward, and anybody else who is serious about the NFL won’t have this because they’ll never say that.

But the Raiders are capable of anything.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Yeah, this is the stuff that’s going to sink him. I could see a team rolling the dice later in the first round, because he does have the skills, talent, and football IQ, get the 5th year option. Some believe he has the on-field leadership, for all the things that happen, the players on the field don’t quit. But throwing teammates under the bus publicly - the flags don’t get redder.

Some will blame this on added scrutiny because of who he is, but it’s hard to deny what’s out there on video. Quinn Ewers, Carson Beck, Drew Allar, Cam Ward, and anybody else who is serious about the NFL won’t have this because they’ll never say that.

But the Raiders are capable of anything.
He’s probably going to be terrible at interviews as well.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Missouri always overpromises and underdelivers, but I think they are going to be the opposite this year. 2-0 with 2 shutouts.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

What do you think is more: the #1 votes Texas got, or the #25 votes Northern Illinois got?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Is this the earliest a MAC school has been ranked in a season? Honestly surprised Syracuse didn’t a get a top 25 spot.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Penn State should have dropped a few notches after barely getting by Bowling Green. And if the people voting had any balls they would have dropped Notre Dame out of the top 25 completely. Having them only 6 spots from a playoff spot is a disgrace.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Penn State should have dropped a few notches after barely getting by Bowling Green. And if the people voting had any balls they would have dropped Notre Dame out of the top 25 completely. Having them only 6 spots from a playoff spot is a disgrace.
They would have but two teams jump them, and I’m not terribly sure why Mizzou did at all other than the fact they beat the brakes off of their MAC opponent. Tennessee should be ahead of both, they crushed a better team.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
They would have but two teams jump them, and I’m not terribly sure why Mizzou did at all other than the fact they beat the brakes off of their MAC opponent. Tennessee should be ahead of both, they crushed a better team.
I'd have put The U at #8, Oregon at #9 & Penn State at #10. But its still early so it will all work itself out.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Bowling green has a bye week and then faces A&M, YIKES

I'll be at that game

Could be about as bad of a start for A&M as we could imagine, ND losing to NIU was a death knell for our early season playoff hopes

Hopefully we take care of business. There's still a world where we can win 9 games.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Texas only faces 2 more ranked teams for the rest of the season. That Oklahoma and Georgia back to back is going to be spicy.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It's in 2 weeks, but OU is favourited against Tennessee???? by 3.5???????? Buddy, my kids are about to learn Harvard tuition paid for.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It's in 2 weeks, but OU is favourited against Tennessee???? by 3.5???????? Buddy, my kids are about to learn Harvard tuition paid for.

I agree the real UT should be favored, but OU is scary with an actual defense. Especially if Arnold can start playing like we all know he's capable of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad