NFL GDT: Week 16

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It’s not about them being right, it was about them being petty about it.

That team was probably the modern equivalent to the 1970’s A’s

The 1970’s won 3 straight World Series and had legit beef with Charlie O Finley, even Dick Williams left after winning the second title cause he was sick of his shit.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
John Fisher is unimpressed.
Charlie cares about winning but was cheap because he wasn’t that rich towards the end. Fisher is a billionaire who inherited his wealth and doesn’t even know he has a baseball team. He couldn’t care less about their on-field product as long as someone else is paying for it.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Charlie cared about winning but was cheap because he wasn’t that rich. Fisher is a billionaire who inherited his wealth and doesn’t even know he has a baseball team. He couldn’t care less about their on-field product is as long as someone else is paying for it.
You don't have to follow the A's to know what kind of owner Fisher is. He probably has a fake wood plaque of Bob Nutting hanging on his bedroom wall.

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The 1970’s won 3 straight World Series and had legit beef with Charlie O Finley, even Dick Williams left after winning the second title cause he was sick of his shit.
They all didn’t like each other too.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You guys are NEVER going to believe who the analysts picked as the game they’re most looking forward to next week.

not in a million years would you guess that Phil Simms picked the Giants game.

and if you do…you’ll never guess that Cowher picked the Steelers game.

if by SOME MIRACLE you guessed both I DEFY YOU TO GUESS what game Boomer yelled out before they went to commercial. If you guessed the Bengals…I don’t believe you.

• Haha
Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
You guys are NEVER going to believe who the analysts picked as the game they’re most looking forward to next week.

if by SOME MIRACLE you guessed both I DEFY YOU TO GUESS what game Boomer yelled out before they went to commercial. If you guessed the Bengals…I don’t believe you.
You’ve piqued my skepticism.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
“Coaches can learn with experience. Hackett is a better coach today than he was at the start of the year”

What game did he just watch?

If this is an improved coach….yikes.
I think it might be an unwritten rule for folks in the media who used to be in the league not to burn bridges. Probably the same reason Derek Carr gets a positive slant by the announcers every time.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

As long as the 49ers don’t get Aikman x2 and Romo as color guys in the playoffs, they can pick their own teams as much as they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad