Post-Game Talk: WEEK 14 - PATS WIN!!!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It gives the Zappe fans some juice and the team a moral victory.

We should be focused on the tank. Unfortunately, the Steelers suck too. So the chances of winning tonight was high.
He played fairly well, got the W, he deserves credit for that. Nothing should change in the plan going forward with the team, suck teams can occasionally win games too.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
He played fairly well, got the W, he deserves credit for that. Nothing should change in the plan going forward with the team, suck teams can occasionally win games too.
Of course.

It just sucks the Steelers suck too. It would of helped if we lost. But I totally expected us to win 1 more or another before the season is done.

Just hope it doesn't hurt us. We saw what that week 17 win by the Jets did. It cost them Lawrence.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Of course.

It just sucks the Steelers suck too. It would of helped if we lost. But I totally expected us to win 1 more or another before the season is done.

Just hope it doesn't hurt us. We saw what that week 17 win by the Jets did. It cost them Lawrence.
Honestly the games tonight were kind of annoying, I was hoping for a Bruins win and Pats loss but it was fun seeing Zappe put up TD's.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
A week ago the Steelers were 7-4 with 2 home games against teams that had won 2 games and they lost them both. The locals are seething.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Of course.

The big loser tonight is this player that might be calling a moving company again

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The big loser tonight is this player that might be calling a moving company again

I don't blame him. He'll probably end up with the Niners like Shanahan wanted and succeed. He's got the yips and they totally destroyed his confidence. He's not a bad QB. I fully expect him leaving after this year and succeeding somewhere else. No doubt about it.

We'll probably be stuck with Bill again next year. Just hope this win doesn't screw us in the draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5 and BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think they likely win the Jets game as well.

Jets will have been mathematically eliminated by then as well, and at home in what could be Bill’s last game as coach.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I don't blame him. He'll probably end up with the Niners like Shanahan wanted and succeed. He's got the yips and they totally destroyed his confidence. He's not a bad QB. I fully expect him leaving after this year and succeeding somewhere else. No doubt about it.

We'll probably be stuck with Bill again next year. Just hope this win doesn't screw us in the draft.

Here is an odd thing

We looked for Mac on the sidelines and we COULD NOT FIND HIM. Normally the backup QB is near the starter on the sidelines because in just one play he could be in - we could not find Mac.

There was no directive from the truck NOT TO SHOOT him in fact the producers wanted him in a shot.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Glad they won.

Will the Krafts' take a 25M loss by firing him? :dunno:
Nope.

Here is an odd thing

We looked for Mac on the sidelines and we COULD NOT FIND HIM. Normally the backup QB is near the starter on the sidelines because in just one play he could be in - we could not find Mac.

There was no directive from the truck NOT TO SHOOT him in fact the producers wanted him in a shot.
What a loser for not being on the sideline

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Bring back Bill & go with Zappe

Might be able to win 5 games next season if everything goes right

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Patriots-Jets tickets $30 & $40

Kraft should be happy they were $10 against Chargers.

Zappe fever

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Patriots-Jets tickets $30 & $40

Kraft should be happy they were $10 against Chargers.

Zappe fever
Kraft already made his money over the initial sale to the STH.

However, many in the media have long said that once the bottom falls out in terms of the on the field product, people will stop showing up.

The question now for Kraft is, what path gets you back to respectability quicker, axing Bill now, or letting him finish out his contract as a lame duck?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Here is an odd thing

I thought that was strange as well, Fenway. I assumed Malik was the backup. I didn't even know Mac was on the sidelines until after the game and he was shaking hands with the Steelers. I've never seen Bill so animated and involved as he was with Zappe this game, than he was with Mac. I think it's pretty clear he likes Zappe.

I think it's a mess in that locker room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
I guess I have a warped perspective of modern football. The last live game I attended was probably mid 1960's Baltimore watching the colts Johnny Unitas. So different than Now. To be expected

Reactions: DKH

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
I thought that was strange as well, Fenway. I assumed Malik was the backup. I didn't even know Mac was on the sidelines until after the game and he was shaking hands with the Steelers. I've never seen Bill so animated and involved as he was with Zappe this game, than he was with Mac. I think it's pretty clear he likes Zappe.

I think it's a mess in thar locker room.
I don't think the locker room is a mess, i think Mac just isn't that popular in it even if the team won't come out and shit on him publicly. Bedard has been saying for months Zappe and Mac don't like each other and barely ever interact with each other on the sideline. Zappe starting again probably confirms Mac is done for the year and he's out of sight of Zappe on gameday now.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I don't think the locker room is a mess, i think Mac just isn't that popular in it even if the team won't come out and shit on him publicly. Bedard has been saying for months Zappe and Mac don't like each other and barely ever interact with each other on the sideline. Zappe starting again probably confirms Mac is done for the year and he's out of sight of Zappe on gameday now.

I don't take anything Bedard says as fact. Lots of beat reporters have said otherwise. I think Zappe is a cocky little shit. And I think he's a "yes sir, whatever you want, dog walk me if you need" type of kid. Mac isn't that player. I think they have two VERY different personalities. And both know they want to start Mac knows Zappe wants his job.

It's probably tense. And I'm sure Bill loves it because he was ALL OVER Zappe last night to which everyone noticed he hasn't done that with Mac.

We know Bill is still mad Mac asked Saban for advice last year.

I think it's a mess. But I could see a situation where Bill and Zappe are back next year

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad