NCAA GDT: Week 1: The week of neutral site games (Deondre Francois out of the season)

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'll take my UW hat off for a moment and applaud USC for allowing Jake Olson to take a snap. And Western Michigan as well for not rushing it.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
FSU D bailed out the special teams by holding them to 3 last time...now they have to try to do it again? Wow.

Alabama makes it a two score game with any points. That might be too much for the Seminoles to make up in one quarter with how Bama's D is playing.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Alabama forced Francois into his first multi interception game. The first one was on his wideout for being lazy. But yeah lets hype Darnold going 0-2 against Western Michigan or Josh Allen being crap. Meanwhile QB1 Lamar Jackson is over 500 yards of total O and most of it through the air.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Alabama forced Francois into his first multi interception game. The first one was on his wideout for being lazy. But yeah lets hype Darnold going 0-2 against Western Michigan or Josh Allen being crap. Meanwhile QB1 Lamar Jackson is over 500 yards of total O and most of it through the air.

Anyone catch the Nebraska game? Tanner Lee has a solid statline (18/28, 232 yds, 2 TD), but obviously weak competition. But Lee's a guy who could rise in the rankings this year, a lot of scouts like him.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
No more Bama week 1 neutral site openers, please.

Florida State should have scheduled an easy home opener.

WHY do teams try to take on Bama in these first week neutral site games? It NEVER works out for the opponents.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Congrats to the Howard Bison who beat UNLV as a 45 point underdog. Going solely by point spreads this was the biggest upset in college football history.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
SC's WR/TE are dropping the ball far too much.

Which is why I think Darnold won't have a chance at the Heisman until some of the highly touted WR recruits grow up. Burnett is the only one delivering right now, and Greene shouldn't be a starter. Hoping Daniel I will be back at full speed by next week to give Darnold another receiving option.

On the plus side, the RBs are looking good. Carr is going to be a stud.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Congrats to the Howard Bison who beat UNLV as a 45 point underdog. Going solely by point spreads this was the biggest upset in college football history.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...t-point-spread-upset-college-football-history

Howard quarterback Caylin Newton, the younger brother of Carolina Panthers star Cam Newton, accounted for 330 total offensive yards and three touchdowns to lead the upset Saturday in the debut for new Bison coach Mike London.

Newton had 21 carries for 190 yards and two scores and passed for 140 and a score.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad