NFL GDT: Week 1: The Road to Immortality Begins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What a drive to end it. Smart to get the ball out of their expensive mediocre QB’s hands and go with bully ball.
It’s 60 minutes of football and like 65 plays by the D. Don’t play pre season so conditioning going to be a factor early. Best to lean on the opposition at that point in the game. And because Detroit has a good OL.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The most damning thing about the Giants lose today was that it was to kick off the 100th season of Giants football.

They brought in GIANTS legends to the game, Super Bowl winners, Hall of Famers, fan favourites.
They were subjected to the ratchetness of Giants football on display today.
That is a giant smear on the ownership/management of the New York Giants today.

You cannot defend this shit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The most damning thing about the Giants lose today was that it was to kick off the 100th season of Giants football.

They brought in GIANTS legends to the game, Super Bowl winners, Hall of Famers, fan favourites.

Don’t think anyone is, man

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
When did the rule change for after a safety? I remember in the past you had to punt to the other team after you surrendered a safety.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

I don't think anyone is defending it. But at the same time, it sure does seem like nobody knows how to fix it.

Is Daboll the problem? Hard to say. The one time he had something resembling talent he dragged that team to a playoff spot. He has a garbage QB, a single promising WR (who is still very raw as a rookie) and a whole lotta trash elsewhere. The one other good offensive piece he had was for some reason allowed to walk in free agency, to a rival no less.

Schoen has been less than impressive as GM. Letting Saquan walk, giving Jones that head-scratching extension, 3 draft classes that have produced nothing (Nabers is obviously the exception since he's only played a single game) with the cherry on top being their disastrous 2022 draft class. Having 2 top 10 picks and whiffing on both is something this Bruins fan can tip his cap to.

Ultimately it falls on the owner. Mara keeps hiring clowns (look at how bad of shape the franchise has been in post Coughlin) and gets clown show results Mara hired Gettleman and let him run the team into the ground. Mara let Gettleman stay for a year too long. Mara actively lobbied to draft Daniel Jones, and then re-sign him.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
When did the rule change for after a safety? I remember in the past you had to punt to the other team after you surrendered a safety.

I thought it was always still a kickoff, just from farther back to ensure a return?

The change is that you can now use a tee on safety kicks so you can get more hang time and distance on the kick, previously could not.

Teams often opted to punt (still can if you want, I believe) to get more hang time and coverage down field before while not being able to tee it up

Reactions: Jovavic

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
even if you forget about $$ I take Baker 10/10 times.. Browns gonna Browns

That's really easy to say right now after seeing how it all turned out. The narrative and reality at the time was that CLE needed an upgrade @ QB if they were going to be a real contender.

They probably should have stopped pursuing Watson with all the shit coming out at the time but they were gonna move on from Mayfield regardless. Should have tried a different route, but Watson was an elite young QB who was available at the time.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That's really easy to say right now after seeing how it all turned out. The narrative and reality at the time was that CLE needed an upgrade @ QB if they were going to be a real contender.

They probably should have stopped pursuing Watson with all the shit coming out at the time but they were gonna move on from Mayfield regardless. Should have tried a different route, but Watson was an elite young QB who was available at the time.

Watson will turn 29 this Saturday, hard to believe he's regressed so badly. He got the bag though, can't blame him for signing that contract but Cleveland management should be called out for even offering that nonsense.

And Baker found a good situation in Tampa.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Watson will turn 29 this Saturday, hard to believe he's regressed so badly. He got the bag though, can't blame him for signing that contract but Cleveland management should be called out for even offering that nonsense.

And Baker found a good situation in Tampa.
Someone mentioned it earlier I think but there's a good chance whatever damage he did to his shoulder last year irreversibly changed his arm.

The Watson of old used to have a laser for an arm. Dude was one of those guys that would absolutely have the guts to throw the ball into a tight window because he could get it there.

Watching him today, his arm looked worse than it did before the surgery. No touch on his throws and more importantly, absolutely zero velocity.

I don't think it's a motivation issue (you'd think an ass hat like him would have something to prove in his mind) I think he's just cooked.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
As crazy as it might seem at first blush I am not sure which situation is more dire long term: the Browns or the Panthers

I think it’s probably the Panthers still, mostly because they seem to have the new worst owner in the league and that’s can hamstring a team for decades (see the Washington Football team under Snyder). But I don’t think you can overstate just how bad the Watson albatross is.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
1725892436769.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad