GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1723165685012.png

Things are great

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Joe Milton looking like he can level up here. There are evidently some who think he’s bettering Drake Maye in camp, which may only shock some who didn’t have them closer together in the QB class.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe I've become one of those washed old heads now but in certain cases like the ones tonight, I just don't understand not playing your young QBs. I know the trend is not to play any of your starters in preseason and more and more teams seem to be going that route but I feel there should be exceptions when work is clearly needed.

Bryce Young doesn't play at all tonight? The guy who barely looked like an NFL-caliber player last season as the 1st overall pick and is now starting over in a completely new offense? Maybe he plays next week but again, I don't get it.

Then there's Drake Maye, whose raw and most certainly backing up to start the season, only getting one series and throwing three passes. His training camp reviews have been far from glowing and probably needs as many reps as possible in live situations but apparently not tonight.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe I've become one of those washed old heads now but in certain cases like the ones tonight, I just don't understand not playing your young QBs. I know the trend is not to play any of your starters in preseason and more and more teams seem to be going that route but I feel there should be exceptions when work is clearly needed.

Bryce Young doesn't play at all tonight? The guy who barely looked like an NFL-caliber player last season as the 1st overall pick and is now starting over in a completely new offense? Maybe he plays next week but again, I don't get it.

Then there's Drake Maye, whose raw and most certainly backing up to start the season, only getting one series and throwing three passes. His training camp reviews have been far from glowing and probably needs as many reps as possible in live situations but apparently not tonight.
I think the weather may have played into that

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
CJ and the Texans offense made it look easy.

Fields (and the center) has fumbled two snaps, been sacked twice, threw outside the numbers on a WR screen that should've been thrown inside, and inaccurately threw behind and inside to a WR (although it should've been ruled a catch anyways). I think Russ will be okay as long as he's healthy.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
CJ and the Texans offense made it look easy.

Fields (and the center) has fumbled two snaps, been sacked twice, threw outside the numbers on a WR screen that should've been thrown inside, and inaccurately threw behind and inside to a WR (although it should've been ruled a catch anyways). I think Russ will be okay as long as he's healthy.

Russ needs a career boost after that disastrous Denver spot.

Reactions: Avs_19

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles and Ravens with an extremely preseason week 1 finish to their game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad