NCAA GDT: Week 1: Brave New World

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
North American ain’t even in NCAA lol

NDSU finally finds the end zone again

Reactions: DaveG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would test Colorado’s special teams and go for the onside kick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prime Time has one foot out the door and is prepping his NFL job soon.
Maybe prepping Shadeur, but he has to actually prove something here if he wants to move up as a coach. NFL and top college programs ain’t dealing with this circus shit. It’s worked to the degree it has/did at Colorado because they had to take a major swing, and it doesn’t really get more ‘big swing’ than this given where the standard of their program was. They’re showing the graphic as I type this with the economic impact on the school, nowhere he’d move up to would be so desperate for that.

Weird that Colorado would even have NDSU on the schedule. Seems like a lose lose for them.

Only makes sense if this was agreed to a few years back before Deion got there, both schools probably recruiting a lot of the same kids then.

Most agreements are 5+ years in advance
Just to highlight this, given the state UC was in, they are going to Fort Collins, which they haven’t done since 1996. They played most of the games in Denver, but any time they didn’t was in Boulder. I’d have to think Prime wouldn’t have time for them otherwise, especially going to their field.

Buffs fans probably take over the stadium anyways.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
i mean they had the guy wide open on that deep shot on 1st.. but thats still kind of a baffling play call...

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Maybe prepping Shadeur, but he has to actually prove something here if he wants to move up as a coach. NFL and top college programs ain’t dealing with this circus shit. It’s worked to the degree it has/did at Colorado because they had to take a major swing, and it doesn’t really get more ‘big swing’ than this given where the standard of their program was. They’re showing the graphic as I type this with the economic impact on the school, nowhere he’d move up to would be so desperate for that.

Just to highlight this, given the state UC was in, they are going to Fort Collins, which they haven’t done since 1996. They played most of the games in Denver, but any time they didn’t was in Boulder. I’d have to think Prime wouldn’t have time for them otherwise, especially going to their field.

I was about to say for what I remember most those games games have always been played at Invesco or whatever that stadium is called these days

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021

IMO they're a victim of their own success in a way. No one expected them to win more than 3 games last year, if they lose by 2 td's to TCU no one ends up with what have turned out to be completely unrealistic expectations

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
IMO they're a victim of their own success in a way. No one expected them to win more than 3 games last year, if they lose by 2 td's to TCU no one ends up with what have turned out to be completely unrealistic expectations
I mean that’s where they want to be. They’re not hiding from it.

Prime did say before last year they still needed some more dawgs. But otherwise they basically trying to play Madden

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
those are typically home & home arrangements, no? I don't think it's unusual for FBS vs FCS "payday" games to be scheduled on shorter notice.

Ik when it comes to Ohio State they schedule most of the MAC schools years in advance

Nogatco Rd

Apr 3, 2021
anyone else annoyed that you can’t get a rundown of every FBS game’s score with a quick google search?

Had been using the CBS site instead but now they want me to deactivate my ad blocker. Looks like either espn or flashscore.com are the best alternatives.

Any suggestions?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina favored by 1.5. Win by 2.

Looks like they lost their quarterback though

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So when’s Prime gonna talk shit yo the media again…
Such an unserious coach. Can't run his locker room properly, takes a page out of modern politicians playbook and only talks to his "preferred media," has the media gargling his balls (whoever called this game for ESPN should never call a game again), and talks a metric amount of shit despite accomplishing nothing at that level.

Dude nearly threw a game away because his ego is so damn big he has to let his kid statpad despite there being serious risk. There is nothing to celebrate with this win. You barely beat an FCS school that at points looked like they were playing to lose (wtf is with all the designed QB runs when the clock is ticking and you're down 2 possessions?) but you will proclaim this as the greatest thing to happen in Colorado sports since the Nuggets stumbled into drafting some fat Serbian kid named Nikola. Your defense still sucks too.

As a reddit commentor put it perfectly; Deion consistently coaches like a 15 year old playing NCAA 25 whose only goal is to win the Heisman with the QB.

Travis Hunter is the only guy on that team that deserves the glazing he gets. Kid is god damn talented.

Reactions: DaveG and izlez

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Some of the local media were talking NC State as a dark horse, they do the same thing with UNC sometimes and it always ends up coming back to bite them.

The Wolfpack eventually won but that's a bad look for a ranked team. On the other hand, that one WR is going to be in the NFL someday, kid is good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
BWC posted about it on the Hawks board, but I cannot believe that Stephen F Austin had a game against a freaking NAIA program last night. I can only hope it doesn't count as a win for the purposes of the FCS playoffs. That's an astonishing joke of a warm up game.

• Haha
Reactions: DaveG and LT

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
BWC posted about it on the Hawks board, but I cannot believe that Stephen F Austin had a game against a freaking NAIA program last night. I can only hope it doesn't count as a win for the purposes of the FCS playoffs. That's an astonishing joke of a warm up game.
I saw some of the stats posted in the thread.

I was completely unaware there was schools outside of the FBS/FCS. I know FCS is obviously div 2, but how big of a power gap are we talking between SFA and the school they pounded into the dirt?

The stats would obviously say "big", but I'm curious as to how big that gap is.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I saw some of the stats posted in the thread.

I was completely unaware there was schools outside of the FBS/FCS. I know FCS is obviously div 2, but how big of a power gap are we talking between SFA and the school they pounded into the dirt?

The stats would obviously say "big", but I'm curious as to how big that gap is.

FCS is still D-1.

But, for the the most part....

FBS > FCS > D-II > D-III > NAIA

Obviously, some wiggle room in there. NDSU in the FCS could beat the tar out of more than a few FBS schools, and I've seen enough D-III football that the quality of play can vary vastly.

But this is akin to if the Hershey Bears of the AHL played the Danville Dashers of the FPHL. A game where if Hershey won 9-1 that'd be a good showing for Danville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad