• Ryan Strome

• Filip Chytil

• Dryden Hunt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I don't think people even realize that Miller-Trouba has been one of the best pairings in the entire league to start this season.
Bingo bango here broski.
They really benefit the Lindgren-Fox pairing so they’re not overworked.
Miller-Trouba has been excellent since game 2 or 3, trouba especially. They don’t get near enough respect on here.
I’m excited about the possibility of having
a D of
Lingren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Schneider

all guys are mobile. It has very good size.
Lindgren plays a mans game. miller is becoming more physical .
That bottom 4 are all huge, can skate and move the puck and throw the body around.
Headlined by a guy who is the best defenseman to lace up the skates since # 2.
And I don’t say that last sentence lightly.
No disrespect to Lundkvist or Jones. I think they are both going to be good players. But Robertson is going to be a shut down machine is the same vein as vintage Staal, but moves the puck better, and Schneider has untapped offensive potential. He does everything right and will level you with your head down

Last edited:
Reactions: Mac n Gs

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I don't think people even realize that Miller-Trouba has been one of the best pairings in the entire league to start this season.
I've realized it. I also thought they're our 'MacTruck-Cernak' pairing that we will lean on in the playoffs. They will only get better

I keep repeating it... KAMs potential is astronomical. Our top4 is arguably one of the best top4's, if not the best top4, in the league

Reactions: Chytilmania

TriFF51

USA Hockey
Aug 21, 2009
New York
Captain announcement incoming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-122918_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-122918_Instagram.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Tob

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
With Miller-Trouba playing well, we legitimately have one of the better top-4's in the league on D, now we just need Nemeth-Lundkvist to improve and if they don't, go in a different direction and we'd be golden on the back end.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and Tob

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
With Miller-Trouba playing well, we legitimately have one of the better top-4's in the league on D, now we just need Nemeth-Lundkvist to improve and if they don't, go in a different direction and we'd be golden on the back end.

I doubt their metrics are worse than the bottom pair on most teams.

Our problem this season, such as we have had one, is scoring and pressure from our forwards.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I doubt their metrics are worse than the bottom pair on most teams.

Our problem this season, such as we have had one, is scoring and pressure from our forwards.
They've been one of if not the worst pairs in the NHL so far. I agree with you about the forwards, but that's not gonna change until Panarin and Zibanejad find their games at 5v5.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
They've been one of if not the worst pairs in the NHL so far. I agree with you about the forwards, but that's not gonna change until Panarin and Zibanejad find their games at 5v5.

Not saying you are wrong but do you have stats for that?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I'm thrilled with the Miller-Trouba pairing but continue to be mortified at the potential for losing one of our top 4 defensemen for an extended period of time. None of our young guys are quite ready for the NHL. Nils is struggling enough, Schneider and Jones are a year away, Robertson and Skinner probably 2 at least.

Maybe Nemeth can play top 4 but it's far from ideal. The kids in Hartford all need time to marinate.

Hajek and Tinordi will both have mad rust if they have to come in at any point.

The organization is on the verge of pretending Reunanen no longer exists.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I'm going to raise an issue with you over using this gif for a simple win. The requirement of a more satisfying and significant event should be higher than this.
Merzlikins made his team take a knee for Igor. There's a significance there we are not privy to.

But seriously, I'm glad you raised this I was beginning to debate myself on when is it appropriate to use this gif. I think a criteria should be set.

Reactions: Tob

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

This is the first time in a while that I've seen a long term role for Jones here.

I don't like having multiple tiny D in a top 6 but if we're looking in house, its basically a necessity with what we're missing on our D as a whole and what he brings to the table.

On the flip side, I think Schneider is the perfect partner for him long term.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
This is the first time in a while that I've seen a long term role for Jones here.

I don't like having multiple tiny D in a top 6 but if we're looking in house, its basically a necessity with what we're missing on our D as a whole and what he brings to the table.

On the flip side, I think Schneider is the perfect partner for him long term.
yeah there's a good chance Jones-Schneider are the answer sooner than later. Partially because they will deserve it but we are gonna need their cost controlled contracts in the lineup as soon as next season. I wonder if we see them come up together at some point this season and given a look, especially if Nemeth-Lundkvist struggle as they have.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I'm thrilled with the Miller-Trouba pairing but continue to be mortified at the potential for losing one of our top 4 defensemen for an extended period of time. None of our young guys are quite ready for the NHL. Nils is struggling enough, Schneider and Jones are a year away, Robertson and Skinner probably 2 at least.

Maybe Nemeth can play top 4 but it's far from ideal. The kids in Hartford all need time to marinate.

Hajek and Tinordi will both have mad rust if they have to come in at any point.

The organization is on the verge of pretending Reunanen no longer exists.
I wouldn’t want to lose any of our top 4 either, but Schneider and Jones can both step in right now and play nhl hockey imo

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
yeah there's a good chance Jones-Schneider are the answer sooner than later. Partially because they will deserve it but we are gonna need their cost controlled contracts in the lineup as soon as next season. I wonder if we see them come up together at some point this season and given a look, especially if Nemeth-Lundkvist struggle as they have.
I could absolutely see that being the 3rd pairing next season.
Robertson is one hell of a prospect, he’s going to be a very good nhl D for a long time. He’s kind of getting lost in the shuffle here.
Depending on how well he does in the A and offseason/camp, don’t be surprised if he looks ready for nhl duty either.
My vision for rangers long term D is
Next year
Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Robertson-Schneider
Following year
Robertson/Lindgren-Fox
Robertson/Miller/Lindgren-Schneider
Robertson/Miller/Lindgren-Trouba

if all goes well with Robertson, He’d make an excellent partner with Fox with his size/skillset.
The best thing is Lindgren-Fox is already amazing, we can/should keep that duo going fwd for as long as we can. Don’t fix what ain’t broke

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I wouldn’t want to lose any of our top 4 either, but Schneider and Jones can both step in right now and play nhl hockey imo

Im confident that Jones can right now.

I don't have a problem with where Schneider is at and while I think he would do a better job defending at the NHL level than Nils has shown, there are other parts of his game that needs refinement and I'd rather he do that in the A then try to learn on the job - We're already seeing that right now.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Zero chance that had we kept him would we be able to afford his next contract.
Also very unlikely chance that Fox would have been on PP1 and won the Norris, increasing his contract price to top dollar. It is what it is. I'm happy with not having TD on the team. He's a distraction to say the very least.

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
My only issues are with the power play, and no Kreider net front goals are not enough to make me forget what an abomination it is.

Reactions: mas0764

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Im confident that Jones can right now.

I don't have a problem with where Schneider is at and while I think he would do a better job defending at the NHL level than Nils has shown, there are other parts of his game that needs refinement and I'd rather he do that in the A then try to learn on the job - We're already seeing that right now.
Yea I don’t mind Schneider in the A for a year. Jones either.
But I’m not scared of either guy being called up in case of injury.
I think both can play nhl caliber hockey right now. Jones demonstrated it in his few games last season.
Don’t think either guy would be a liability on the ice.
I’m on record saying I don’t think Nils is long for this team. 1 maybe even 2 of Miller/Jones/Lundkvist are probably gone by this time next season imo.
Not because they aren’t good, but the foundation of our D is Big guys that are mobile, take the body, ( some more then others), move the puck in transition well, and Adam Fox.
With the MO from the top down wanting us to be hard/harder to play against, and with lindgren and Fox both on the smaller side, it’s obvious they’d rather fill out the rest of the D with bigger guys that can play and hit when needed.
The D for the next 3-4 year
Lindgren-Trouba-Fox ( all staying, not going to be dealt early, etc)
Schneider is not going anywhere. His size/skill set combo is too rare. And he has untapped offensive potential.
That’s 4
So we’ve basically got 2 spots left for Lundkvist/Jones/Robertson/Miller
Plus Nemeth/skinner/Renunanen and whoever we trade for or draft

imo. Taking everything into consideration, they want those 2 to be Miller/Robertson

but certainly 1 of jones or Lundkvist could surprise them.
I don’t think Gallant really wants a D playing on his off side if he doesn’t have to. And with Fox/Trouba/Schneider all signed for 3 or more years at least and Fox/Jones/Lundkvist/lindgren all being similar in size, logically Lundkvist would have the most cards stacked against him to be dealt.
So jones at least has that going for him as to why Drury wouldn’t want to move him early

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad