We have a GM problem

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is KD right man for the job

• Yes he is doing great job

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • Meh lets wait and see

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I am starting to be alarmed

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • fire this dipshit into the sun

Votes: 8 8.6%

• Total voters

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
The Utah team had to give up 38, 71, and 2025 2nd rounder to get 24

The hawks had to give up 34 and 50 to get 27

This doesnt add up. Kyle should really be on watch from here on out. We couldve easily traded 67, 34 and a 2025 second rounder to get up to 20-24
He has no regard for pick value. He throws them around like one dollar bills at a strip club.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Pronman said we were one of his winners of the draft. You wouldn’t think in that reading here. People get so much angst if ‘their’ player didn’t get picked.

Also, they were close to also getting Demidov in a trade with Columbus for their pick.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pronman said we were one of his winners of the draft. You wouldn’t think in that reading here. People get so much angst if ‘their’ player didn’t get picked.

Also, they were close to also getting Demidov in a trade with Columbus for their pick.
Well, when you come to accept that most people are miserable and stupid, it makes sense.

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
You can't just look at a chart and say that he could or should have done this or that. Each team values their assets or player that is available differently. KD may have offered that exact package for 27 and the Hurricanes said no for all we know.

Reactions: SugarKane88

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

When you have three 1st round picks, you would certainly hope that you come away as a winner...

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
This whole discussion (lecture) on value of draft picks is ridiculous. Freaking out about the 18OA and who was taking there. No one in here knows what KD’s plan was. Did the player he was targeting get pick way earlier than projected? Did the Hawks get 18 to try and move lower in the draft and felt 20 wouldn’t cut it?

Also, getting upset about using second round picks to get lower in the first round and get an additional first round pick, really? How many prospects do the Hawks have in the system? How many are under contract? How many extra early round picks do the Hawks have? It doesn’t matter if KD overpays (according to some random list of what picks are worth without taking in that the actual value changes from year to year yet some people treat it like scripture) because the combination of picks, prospects, and players under contact is way over the allowed amount of contracts. You have to reduce it somewhere and preferably a combination of the three over time.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Well, when you come to accept that most people are miserable and stupid, it makes sense.
I am guessing you are the smart one right? Maybe some people are just smart and they see a mistake made by the GM and call it out? Essentially making the people that are too relaxed and don’t get the frustration the ones who are not smart enough to get it? This draft has been a mess, we have a clueless GM, the people who are smart enough to share this view are gonna voice their “negative” opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Well, well, well...

My how the tide has changed.

I said all along Davidson is a horrible GM and that analytics in hockey are a lol worthy evaluator.

Nope, that's your man's. You all worshipped that idiot day one you can't just flip now.

Korchinski was such a bust pick they used a 2OA to correct it. Where's the fantasy lines where KK is a top pairing guy now? Demidov was supposedly the second best player in a draft that Davidson used the second pick in the draft to nab a defenseman to fix a mistake.

Nazar looked phenomenal his first game, after that he was just a guy. Maybe a third liner in the NHL.

Moore is nothing, fell in a deep draft because other GMs knew he was nothing, the best young player outside of Bedard was a Bowman pick last year.

Once again, I am correct.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Said the entire time Davidson is a horrible GM.

Questioned the scouting when the head moron called Fantilli a generational talent.

Speed and skating will never equal IQ.
Seems like you liked almost every pick yesterday so I’m confused.

Well, well, well...

I said all along Davidson is a horrible GM and that analytics in hockey are a lol worthy evaluator.

Nope, that's your man's. You all worshipped that idiot day one you can't just flip now.

Korchinski was such a bust pick they used a 2OA to correct it. Where's the fantasy lines where KK is a top pairing guy now? Demidov was supposedly the second best player in a draft that Davidson used the second pick in the draft to nab a defenseman to fix a mistake.

Nazar looked phenomenal his first game, after that he was just a guy. Maybe a third liner in the NHL.

Moore is nothing, fell in a deep draft because other GMs knew he was nothing, the best young player outside of Bedard was a Bowman pick last year.

Ok and now this? I feel like I just read like 3 posts of your praising the picks we made.

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Apr 29, 2015
Seems like you liked almost every pick yesterday so I’m confused.

Ok and now this? I feel like I just read like 3 posts of your praising the picks we made.
Yesterday was a good start getting hockey players instead of analytic darlings. Is it enough? Who knows.

Does it change Davidson has been a moron outside of drafting a generational talent that he couldn't mess up? Absolutely not.

But.... Until yesterday Davidson was the chef but now he isn't? Works both ways.

• Haha
Reactions: ChiHawks10

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
This is how you rebuild. 8 first rounds picks in 3 seasons with 2 more next year. Funny how some said Donneghy a genius now ripping him/am scouts/gm for picks.
Patience people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Apr 29, 2015
Said the Hagel trade was bad.

The two players the Hawks received are both jettisoned and the two first rounders, you know, the most important part of the trade, are Moore who is nothing and Boisvert.

Again, I was right. You don't trade away 30 goal scorers, young 30 goal scorers at that, for quantity.

(Victory Lap unlocked)

cassac

Sep 19, 2013

The two players the Hawks received are both jettisoned and the two first rounders, you know, the most important part of the trade, are Moore who is nothing and Boisvert.

Again, I was right. You don't trade away 30 goal scorers, young 30 goal scorers at that, for quantity.

(Victory Lap unlocked)
You have no idea what Moore or Boisvert are going to be.

But go ahead and take your false victory lap.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think it’s weird the hyper reactions on the micro scale to picks and moves and people not getting their guy.

Someone told me last night in their opinion the Blackhawks draft a lot of guys that aren’t going to translate well in the NHL. Maybe he meant they have a style of “junior”(+NCAA) games. We know it’s a focus on speed/motor/tenacity, and some other qualities, but I’m still trying to think about what he meant by that — and if he’s right.

Criticize the capital being spent needlessly, that’s valid. But are these guys going to translate well to the “post-modern” NHL — since we’re at a point where skill training has been standardized for almost two decades now, and maybe good to excellent skating isn’t going to be a premium as it was because it’s a downright necessity, what other qualities does he have in his vision?

Guys like boisvert being what they are with a technical ability like skating or being proficient goal scorers, I think like what the bruins go for does show they are interested in blending a bit of sandpaper through the lineup.
We saw KD is aggressive in getting his guy with Debrincat for #7/Dach+ for #13 a couple years ago as well as this year attempting to secure Demidov. Love it, hate it — they have a vision

On the macro then it should be considered whether the archetype they are going toward is ideal, and maybe there’s a track history already in comparing success to past drafts while bowman was still around what are their success rates? Was Boqvist/Beaudin a KD/Doneghey selection? Or was Dach? Reichel?

On the other hand like doneghey says, it’s easy going also once you have your frame/core pieces to add size later on. But the NHL is a clock or a pendulum. It will go from skill to size or being offensive minded to defensively focused and right round or back and forth with teams copycatting what teams who actually evolve to win championships over and over again.

So I guess with all this said what is KD evolving toward? And are those principles going to win a championship? Create a dynasty?

If you don’t see it, then maybe the alarm/firing opinion is valid.

Last edited:

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
When you have three 1st round picks, you would certainly hope that you come away as a winner...
Yet their 3rd's and 5th have unbelievable upside, speed, skill and toughness. MD and KD crushed this draft. Yes, they maybe could have got more had they not traded the 2nd's but how many players do you need? At 18 or 20 Boisvert is still a good pick up. They have Bedard and Nazar as 1-2 C, Boisvert will slot in as a great 3C along with Greene. This team is stacked with prospects now and that doesn't even take into account the next three years of draft prospects. 11 picks in the top 2 rounds over the next 3 drafts.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

(Victory Lap unlocked)

Never before in the history of the human race has an individual been so wrong and yet also so annoyingly confident BOTH SIMULTANEOUSLY this emphatically. This is a new record. Let it be known.

Reactions: Pez68

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yet their 3rd's and 5th have unbelievable upside, speed, skill and toughness. MD and KD crushed this draft. Yes, they maybe could have got more had they not traded the 2nd's but how many players do you need? At 18 or 20 Boisvert is still a good pick up. They have Bedard and Nazar as 1-2 C, Boisvert will slot in as a great 3C along with Greene. This team is stacked with prospects now and that doesn't even take into account the next three years of draft prospects. 11 picks in the top 2 rounds over the next 3 drafts.

I REALLY didn’t like our first round but the late rounds were outstanding, and the overall depth of our prospect pool is becoming extremely impressive.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Well, well, well...

What’s funny is on another site you absolutely loved the Oliver Moore pick.

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
I'd say we don't have a gm problem anymore. Some attitudes have changed quick.

Attachments

• b91fe193-678a-435c-8266-8c8b0c4c2daa_text.gif
    b91fe193-678a-435c-8266-8c8b0c4c2daa_text.gif
    673.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20240701_145606_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240701_145606_Chrome.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad