We have a GM problem

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is KD right man for the job

• Yes he is doing great job

Votes: 25 28.1%
  • Meh lets wait and see

Votes: 42 47.2%
  • I am starting to be alarmed

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • fire this dipshit into the sun

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Davidson seemed to lean very hard on Greenberg when he was here and now is a bit lost now that he's gone

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
So why were the most important steps of a rebuild entrusted in the hands of a rookie GM anyways?
hey man pump your brakes or this board will light you up.. This rookie GM is amazing at bringing in other teams dump offs and acquiring 2nd rd picks..One of those 2nd rd picks is bound to hit once Bedard leaves because the GM is a hipster fraud

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
hey man pump your brakes or this board will light you up.. This rookie GM is amazing at bringing in other teams dump offs and acquiring 2nd rd picks..One of those 2nd rd picks is bound to hit once Bedard leaves because the GM is a hipster fraud

A whopping (less than a) third of the board said Kyle’s a good GM in this topic.

Some of you guys have a weird martyr complex.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
3oEjHWzZQaCrZW2aWs.webp

Reactions: BHFAN92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Moving goalposts but what else is new
The goalposts are in the same place they’ve ever been.

The people moving the goalposts are the people that want the GM to change course and philosophy 3 off-seasons into a 5 year plan.

I was prepared to be patient and endure pain, cause thats what a proper rebuild entails.

If you’re getting antsy now just cause they have Bedard, you’ve lost the plot.

ello

Jun 12, 2018
The goalposts are in the same place they’ve ever been.

The people moving the goalposts are the people that want the GM to change course and philosophy 3 off-seasons into a 5 year plan.

I was prepared to be patient and endure pain, cause thats what a proper rebuild entails.

If you’re getting antsy now just cause they have Bedard, you’ve lost the plot.
You know full well that most of us are hockey fanatics and have done a LOT more research and analysis on these players than just clicking on the the first highlight package on YouTube.

Let's be for real, you would have blindly supported anyone that was drafted today. For some of us, we like to think a bit more critically.

Reactions: BHFAN92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
You know full well that most of us are hockey fanatics and have done a LOT more research and analysis on these players than just clicking on the the first highlight package on YouTube.

Let's be for real, you would have blindly supported anyone that was drafted today. For some of us, we like to think a bit more critically.

Not really. I think the team should prioritize skill and ceiling with high 1st round picks. I wouldnt have picked Lev, but I understand well enough the wisdom of drafting a big mobile D in a market where acquiring such players is essentially impossible.

Midway or later in the first round? Everybody has holes in their game. Prioritize the strengths you care most about. For Davidson, thats clearly skating. I dont have a problem with it and I certainly dont expect him to change his philosophy mid-way through his long-term plan.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Traded pick 20, 34, 50, 54, and 61 Value on Puckpedia 41.07

for

pick 18 and pick 27 Value on Puckpedia 34.
And does Puckpedia value really mean that much if they got the guy they wanted? Say Vanecker turns into an 80 point guy. Does the value of the trade matter at that point?

I get that value should be similar in most cases, but at the same time, it's kind of nonsensical because it's based upon... nothing. Just a made up value that someone put on something, that is wholly irrelevant to what the players actually develop into.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad