We have a GM problem

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is KD right man for the job

• Yes he is doing great job

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Meh lets wait and see

Votes: 41 47.1%
  • I am starting to be alarmed

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • fire this dipshit into the sun

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
"The Hawks have _______ top picks to come."

Yes and no.

There's plenty of teams stuck in draft purgatory, getting around picks 5-10 or so for a few years in and out. You can suck terribly hard but still pick out of the top 5.

Since the Hawks were almost historically terrible this year??? We didn't win the draft but got 2nd overall.

For the Hawks to get a top 3-5 pick again we'll have to be absolutely terrible...again. Not just bad...terrible. Or, we'll have to win another draft. And we are only allowed one win in the next 3 years while other teams have not moved up lately. Odds are not in the Hawks favor to win again but it could happen.

Sooooooo....

Please spare me all the "but Oilers" BS. The rules have changed, we won one gamble already which is super lucky as is. So, when you get the 2nd overall without winning?? You better ****ing nail that draft pick not knowing if we'll be top 5 again.

If you told me there was a team worse than the Hawks this year I would think you're nuts, but somehow the Sharks broke the mold for turd piles.

And KD isn't just going off of being terrible, he's stockpiled all sorts of picks in the top 3 rounds. But if he MISSES on his potential superstar picks? I don't think hitting on a few of those deeper picks will compensate for not having more than one top talent in the game.

I'll be glad to be wrong in my choices if whomever he picks turns out great in a few years. No late bloomers though.
Pittsburgh missed on a top 3 pick, some say on 2. Chicago missed on a top 3 pick, Tampa missed on a top 3 pick. All repeat cup winners too. Depends somewhat how quickly you recover and get value for it
what are you talking about But oilers? They actually never would or been affected by these draft rules.

The blackhawks are going to be terrible next season too man.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
"The Hawks have _______ top picks to come."

Yes and no.

There's plenty of teams stuck in draft purgatory, getting around picks 5-10 or so for a few years in and out. You can suck terribly hard but still pick out of the top 5.

Since the Hawks were almost historically terrible this year??? We didn't win the draft but got 2nd overall.

For the Hawks to get a top 3-5 pick again we'll have to be absolutely terrible...again. Not just bad...terrible. Or, we'll have to win another draft. And we are only allowed one win in the next 3 years while other teams have not moved up lately. Odds are not in the Hawks favor to win again but it could happen.

Sooooooo....

Please spare me all the "but Oilers" BS. The rules have changed, we won one gamble already which is super lucky as is. So, when you get the 2nd overall without winning?? You better ****ing nail that draft pick not knowing if we'll be top 5 again.

If you told me there was a team worse than the Hawks this year I would think you're nuts, but somehow the Sharks broke the mold for turd piles.

And KD isn't just going off of being terrible, he's stockpiled all sorts of picks in the top 3 rounds. But if he MISSES on his potential superstar picks? I don't think hitting on a few of those deeper picks will compensate for not having more than one top talent in the game.

The Hawks are going to be terrible again next year. Very likely not as bad as this year, but very bad none the less. The Hawks could have had 14 more points this year and still finished 4th last in the league.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Pittsburgh missed on a top 3 pick, some say on 2. Chicago missed on a top 3 pick, Tampa missed on a top 3 pick. All repeat cup winners too. Depends somewhat how quickly you recover and get value for it
what are you talking about But oilers? They actually never would or been affected by these draft rules.

The blackhawks are going to be terrible next season too man.

Oilers got 3 first overall picks in 3 years, and technically w/McD 3 in 5.

My understanding of the rule is two-fold but correct me if I'm wrong.

#1. Regardless of your place in the standings, you're only allowed 1st overall twice in a five year span.

#2. You're only allowed to "win" (move towards the top like we did with Bedard) twice in a five year span.

I do think the Hawks will be bad, but all you need to finish out of the bottom 5 is like a temporary hot streak. It's almost difficult to be as bad as the Hawks have been.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

#1. Regardless of your place in the standings, you're only allowed 1st overall twice in a five year span.

#2. You're only allowed to "win" (move towards the top like we did with Bedard) twice in a five year span.

I do think the Hawks will be bad, but all you need to finish out of the bottom 5 is like a temporary hot streak. It's almost difficult to be as bad as the Hawks have been.
I think that it's purely #2. If you're dead last 5 years in a row, it's possible for you to end up with the #1OA each one of those years.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

If you do not advanced a draft slot, it doesn't count. It's you can't advance again if you have already 2 times
The Oilers were the bottom team I think 2 of those years they drafted 1st overall. So they didn't move up.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not only do Hawks have to be terrible to have shot at a Demidov like talent next year but we would then have to hope our GM doesn't once again reach on someone to show he is "Smartest Guy"

Amusing to see all the Pace defenders doing same for Davidson

Such an odd thing that once again pointing out mistakes of the wunderkind meets resistance

2024CubsAreReallyBad

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Said the entire time Davidson is a horrible GM.

Questioned the scouting when the head moron called Fantilli a generational talent.

Speed and skating will never equal IQ.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I think that it's purely #2. If you're dead last 5 years in a row, it's possible for you to end up with the #1OA each one of those years.

If you do not advanced a draft slot, it doesn't count. It's you can't advance again if you have already 2 times
The Oilers were the bottom team I think 2 of those years they drafted 1st overall. So they didn't move up.

That's where I'm confused, I thought read that it was two-fold. It's not really "anti-tank" if you get to suck the most and get the most reward regardless every year.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Not only do Hawks have to be terrible to have shot at a Demidov like talent next year but we would then have to hope our GM doesn't once again reach on someone to show he is "Smartest Guy"

Such an odd thing that once again pointing out mistakes of the wunderkind meets resistance

Levshunov isn't a reach.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020

I really hope the irony of complaining about Davidson thinking he’s the “smartest guy” isn’t lost on you

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
No they don't because they're going to get at least 2 more chances to get high end forwards in 2025 and 2026. I get it, this draft is right now but some of you are so hyper-focused on tonight that you can't see the forest for the trees.
Oh that's right I forget they dont have multiple 1sts and 2nd next yr like they do this year..oh wait what's that they actually do and 2025 doesn't affect 2024

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That's where I'm confused, I thought read that it was two-fold. It's not really "anti-tank" if you get to suck the most and get the most reward regardless every year.
Because the league is a trash league. Immediately people pointed out the rule was too soft to likely ever impact any team. And we are the closest it may come to impacting a team.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
So you would give him a passing grade if he traded rd1 pick 2 for McGroarty and them exchanged 18, 34 and 50 for #14?
Gotcha.
ya think your cute dont ya..gotcha moment..thats not what I said jackass..use #2 on Demidov or Buium or Levshunov and trade #18 for McGroarty is fine

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Yes you do. It's literally what you do. The majority of teams do not acquire core pieces via a trade or free agency. You supplement your drafted core with those pieces. You identify the players you want to build around and then build around them.

The Hawks don't even know what they have in their pool right now because almost all of their picks haven't gotten to the NHL yet. Because they've only tanked for two years. It takes more time than that.

Congrats you’re the Buffalo Sabres

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
The Hawks are going to be terrible again next year. Very likely not as bad as this year, but very bad none the less. The Hawks could have had 14 more points this year and still finished 4th last in the league.
They’ll be terrible. I think worse than this year.

Hall Bedard Kurashev
Reichel Foligno Nazar
Athanasiou Dickinson Mikheyev
Slaggert Donato

Entwhistle Raddysh Lafferty TyJo Anderson Guttman

Unless we add a major piece(Guentzel, Necas, McGroaty?) this group is bare still except for addition by a healthy Hall and Nazar, and beyond that potential middle six guys like Mikheyev/Lafferty and prospects like Slaggert/Dach. None of these players are going to be game breakers, and call me pessimistic but 40-50 point seasons from them except for maybe Hall/Nazar is expecting a lot.
—-

Vlasic Jones*
Korchinski Murphy*
EDM/Allan ______
Megna?

Assuming Jones/Murphy aren’t trade bait, this defense is the same one that gave up the second highest goal differential in the league last year at -111 (mentioned in my post history that the sharks with -150 are improving their D, and besides the ducks with -90 in the next lowest distribution standard range was nearly half of that at -63 to -51); make no mistake this was the ~SIXTH lowest goal differential in the NHL over the last 5, 10, and 20 seasons. And we’re sitting here talking about trading away the right side. Bet your ass Leshunov plays if he’s drafted by us.

—-
Finally AFAIK Goaltending isn’t changing with Mrazek who is very “up and down” with bipolar consistency as the tank commander and master chief of desperation & poor rebound control (not to mention having an injury history) — and save for Soderblom drastically improving, I think it’s Commesso as a rookie getting starts beyond him if we don’t find another tank commander like Stalock.

This team will be truly miserable in the standings. Even Columbus and Anaheim will be competitive I’ll bet the house on that. And for 3+ years to come until the tank is complete when our D are done developing we will be praying to the almighty Rooh for lottery luck despite being in the bottom 3.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
They’ll be terrible. I think worse than this year.

Hall Bedard Kurashev
Reichel Foligno Nazar
Athanasiou Dickinson Mikheyev
Slaggert Donato

Entwhistle Raddysh Lafferty TyJo Anderson Guttman

Unless we add a major piece(Guentzel, Necas, McGroaty?) this group is bare still except for addition by a healthy Hall and Nazar, and beyond that potential middle six guys like Mikheyev/Lafferty and prospects like Slaggert/Dach. None of these players are going to be game breakers, and call me pessimistic but 40-50 point seasons from them except for maybe Hall/Nazar is expecting a lot.
—-

Vlasic Jones*
Korchinski Murphy*
EDM/Allan ______
Megna?

Assuming Jones/Murphy aren’t trade bait, this defense is the same one that gave up the second highest goal differential in the league last year at -111 (mentioned in my post history that the sharks with -150 are improving their D, and besides the ducks with -90 in the next lowest distribution standard range was nearly half of that at -63 to -51); make no mistake this was the ~SIXTH lowest goal differential in the NHL over the last 5, 10, and 20 seasons. And we’re sitting here talking about trading away the right side. Bet your ass Leshunov plays if he’s drafted by us.

—-
Finally AFAIK Goaltending isn’t changing with Mrazek who is very “up and down” as the tank commander — not to mention having an injury history — and save for Soderblom drastically improving, I think it’s Commesso as a rookie getting starts beyond him if we don’t find another tank commander like Stalock.

This team will be truly miserable in the standings. Even Columbus and Anaheim will be competitive I’ll bet the house on that. And for 3+ years to come until the tank is complete when our D are done developing we will be praying to the almighty Rooh for lottery luck despite being in the bottom 3.
Team is not cap compliant. And you have not considered who replaces Hall and AA in the lineup when they both get injured. Also Hall and Bedard really do not work at all.

Reactions: Malaka and Mrfenn92

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The reason fans dont make good GMs is they’re impulse and impatient.

KD is proving to be neither. He has a plan, he’s sticking to it. Flying by the seat of your pants or rushing into big decisions is how to **** up a rebuild.

The first pieces of the ‘dynasty’ core were drafted in 2002. They made the playoffs in 2009.

Buckle up meatballs. We’ve got a long way to go.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Garbage GM, his last 3 moves were moronic, trading 3 picks for 2, then getting a garbage dump right on his head for a pick in 2027, then not picking Demidov, there is gonna be more to come.

Reactions: BHFAN92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad