GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I'm sure it's been discussed but damn they are going to have some decisions to make on defense.

When Luke and Pesce are healthy, they are obviously going to go right in to the lineup.
Casey and Kovacevic are the placeholders... but Kovacevic is going to make it impossible to take him out if he plays like this.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm sure it's been discussed but damn they are going to have some decisions to make on defense.

When Luke and Pesce are healthy, they are obviously going to go right in to the lineup.
Casey and Kovacevic are the placeholders... but Kovacevic is going to make it impossible to take him out if he plays like this.
Well one of those choices will have to be made sooner, the other can wait and it’s no guarantee we’ll have a healthy D by the time Luke gets back

Reactions: Hisch13r

Comparison Ford

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
it’s really impressive how much chemistry that tatar nico mercer line has.

i think Meier and Hughes will find their way. need some real games under their belt to figure out what’s going on. i trust in Keefe #KeeferMadness

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Played a really solid tight game. Kinda sat back a little too long and power bringing them within 2 with plenty of time left made me nervous but they still kept doing the right things after that. Penalty kill was spectacular as well. I think every kill started with a faceoff win and clear, and Mercer had a great game on the kill. Really seemed like they took care of the little things this game and it paid off by executing their chances when they got them.

markstrom and the depth made this win happen. Let’s hope that Hughes bratt Meier and Hamilton carry some offence tomorrow and make it easy for Allen. Would like to see a PP goal too, but seems like the ice doesn’t make it easy for a zippy power play. Liked their first one though today where they spent like 90 straight seconds with possession in the zone.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I want the 2nd one, but it feels damn good to know we at least have 2 points coming back. Good stuff!

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Didn’t Toronto supposedly hire an Uber to drive him to the rink every morning so he could look at film?

No, they hired a full-time driver (or limo service or what have you). Pretty sure this can be tracked down somewhere.

It is just analytics

If it was based on hockey or game sense, theyd realize Hischier and Tatar have the chemistry and Mercer can be replaced with anyone and itd be even more productive

And Tatar could be replaced with someone better as well - Hischier does a lot of the heavy lifting here, in terms of possession

Leave Tatar and Hischier but add Meier

Bratt-Hughes-Mercer is one line that has never been tried by Ruff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at some point this year, but I don't expect it to last - who's doing the board work on that line? Mercer, I guess?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
No, they hired a full-time driver (or limo service or what have you). Pretty sure this can be tracked down somewhere.

Bratt-Hughes-Mercer is one line that has never been tried by Ruff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it at some point this year, but I don't expect it to last - who's doing the board work on that line? Mercer, I guess?

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Only one game, but they play hard, finish their checks, and just seemed to know what the hell they were doing.

When that top line gets going....watch out.

So calming knowing as well, that the goalie can make those big time saves. What a difference.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Just getting back from a week long business trip to Orlando in which I’ve had no time for much of anything. My apologies if these questions were already discussed and answered. I’m just way too drained (or lazy haga) to scroll through all these pages, my friends.

How did Casey and Nemec look?

Was Markstrom as terrific as a few of the highlights looked (saw that ridiculous diving stick save)?

Did Jack’s line have an impact on the game?

Which three Devils impressed you the most?

Were there more Devils fans than Sabres fan there? My brother is a big Sabres fan and
was there. He claimed Buffalo had more representation but I doubt that.

Very cool to see three new Devils score goals (even if one was an empty netter).

So happy to see we won. Many thanks in advance, all!!

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Catching up on highlights now (my dumb ass forgot it started this afternoon here) and Kovacevic looked like Dougie on his goal. It's nice having defensemen that are actual threats to score.

Oh, and I think I've watched that Markstrom save like 20 times now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad