GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Nice to see Jagr up there, STILL playing, and being absolute nr.1 hockey god.

Both teams looked rusty, but Lindy has to take some blame since the Sabres really were not ready.

Reactions: Dialamo

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I love what Keefe just mentioned about Nico's goal coming off the benefit of the line change and handing off the work of that line with Lazar coming off to Nico getting the reward. Also noting he felt Nico's line won virtually every shift they were out for.

Keefe is such a breath of fresh air to listen to already.

LMAO he just called Kovacevic "Kovechkin". :laugh:

Keefer is a big believer in the Tatar Nico Mercer legend CF line.

pulkit1989

Nov 16, 2011
Missed the game due to my sick kid. So happy we won but how did we look overall?
Can someone summarize it? Thanks!

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
There's definitely going to be issues with zone exits until the defense gets healthier. R/R with Casey and Nemec is not likely to work, either. But I just realized today that the Devils are probably down to 10th on their depth chart with Pesce, Hughes, and Hatakka out.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The discussion has turned to how an 18 year old signed in the KHL until 25/26 would be a perfect partner for one of our current Devils, I feel like was discussing the comparatively short term.

There’s been a plenty of successful teams that make due with some hilariously patchwork defense at times.

Claesson - Tennyson
Mermis - Carrick
Mueller - White/Jacobs

There's definitely going to be issues with zone exits until the defense gets healthier. R/R with Casey and Nemec is not likely to work, either. But I just realized today that the Devils are probably down to 10th on their depth chart with Pesce, Hughes, and Hatakka out.

I think Casey Nemec will be okay in limited action, but yeah, not ideal.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That's a game they probably lose by 3+ goals under Ruff, out chanced for the whole game after building a lead and they gave up a few one and dones in dangerous spots that would've spiraled into chaos with Lindy's dumbass swarm defensive system. Buffalo losing that game is also carbon copy of our losses under him. The Devils have a few things to fix but can't complain about being 1-0.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
That's a game they probably lose by 3+ goals under Ruff, out chanced for the whole game after building a lead and they gave up a few one and dones in dangerous spots that would've spiraled into chaos with Lindy's dumbass swarm defensive system. Buffalo losing that game is also carbon copy of our losses under him. The Devils have a few things to fix but can't complain about being 1-0.
Replacing the ECHL quality goaltending with a really good one probably helped.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Replacing the ECHL quality goaltending with a really good one probably helped.

It did but they were better defensively in front of Markstrom after the initial save, the goalies get a ton of hate for previous Devils years and some of it was deserving but they also had the skaters vacating points and the dangerous spots on the ice after an initial chance was stopped which was evident in the 2nd and 3rd NJ goals today v Buffalo ironically enough

Reactions: Hisch13r

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

new season man.... i still got your jersey ready to come on over :nod:

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 6.08.32 PM.png

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
I'll take the points but wasn't all that happy with the performance.

Thanks Marky.

I think we need Luke and especially Pesce back more than some here think.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'll take the points but wasn't all that happy with the performance.

Thanks Marky.

I think we need Luke and especially Pesce back more than some here think.

It was sloppy and I kinda hated Jacks game. But it wasn't a gong show like last season. This wasn't perfect but all things considered, they played a much more sustainable style than probably at any point last season. Lots to work on as always, but I was honestly expecting worse.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad