GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yeah, I know that's your opinion. I was just more thinking if you could take Silayev '26 and just magically plop him on this team he'd be the perfect partner.
I mean yeah a 6’7 elite skating shutdown D is a perfect partner for literally every single Dmen regardless of who they are

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I really liked the new Kovy. Liked all the new guys really. I think Cotter is going to be a great fit for this team.

I really like how they used the boards and the stick checking in the middle of the ice was terrific. They are only getting settled into the new system as well. Once it comes together and the team gels, we should be playing solid hockey.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
My only slight concern from the game is that the top line looked like dogshit in the D-zone. Jack still making irresponsible plays like he's still 18 and Meier has yet to look competent in his own end since he's gotten here. They're gonna have to learn to fix that if they want to be champions.

Reactions: RNCDevil and JK3

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I mean yeah a 6’7 elite skating shutdown D is a perfect partner for literally every single Dmen regardless of who they are

I think he works better with Dougie than Pesce for example. I think Dougie would benefit from being paired with Silayev more than any other RD on the club. Which is kind of funny since you may very well be right about needing to move him.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I don’t see why Luke returning would have an impact on a Dillon-Dougie pair.

Why wouldn’t it?

Dillon-Kovy doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Casey & Nemec are both righties, with Casey is a rookie and Nemec has been playing like he should be on 3rd pair right now.

I’m not sweating the pairings until we get Pesce and Luke back.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why wouldn’t it?

Dillon-Kovy doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Casey & Nemec are both righties, with Casey is a rookie and Nemec has been playing like he should be on 3rd pair right now.

I’m not sweating the pairings until we get Pesce and Luke back.

Why would it? I still don't get what you guys are saying. There's no reason a returning Luke has to have any impact at all on a Dillon-Dougie pair. If they don't see the issue I do with Dillon-Dougie and like the pair then Luke with say Pesce and Siegs with Nemec/Casey is an option. Or Siegs with Pesce and Luke with Nemec if he turns it around or Kovacevic

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Six months is a long time to not sweat the pairings

The discussion has turned to how an 18 year old signed in the KHL until 25/26 would be a perfect partner for one of our current Devils, I feel like was discussing the comparatively short term.

There’s been a plenty of successful teams that make due with some hilariously patchwork defense at times.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I love what Keefe just mentioned about Nico's goal coming off the benefit of the line change and handing off the work of that line with Lazar coming off to Nico getting the reward. Also noting he felt Nico's line won virtually every shift they were out for.

Keefe is such a breath of fresh air to listen to already.

LMAO he just called Kovacevic "Kovechkin". :laugh:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I love what Keefe just mentioned about Nico's goal coming off the benefit of the line change and handing off the work of that line with Lazar coming off to Nico getting the reward. Also noting he felt Nico's line won virtually every shift they were out for.

Keefe is such a breath of fresh air to listen to already.

LMAO he just called Kovacevic "Kovechkin". :laugh:

we have a kovechkin to go with our bratzky?!

nice

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad