GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Stop the count!!

1728071239768.png

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
And this is why we don’t lose ourselves over some rough preseason play from the top guys. It’s preseason for a reason. Much better today in a game that matters

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Good win. Rode their luck though. Buffalo were shooting it three feet wide in good positions.

Hopefully Jack picks it up quick because that play won’t fly with wins for long.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The good:
Markstrom
Siegs and Mercer look like 2 years ago not last year.
Casey is ready to go

The bad:
Penalties (many soft calls I agree)
Dillion struggled playing up, will be fine when we are healthy.
Timo/Jack still not clicking. Not convinced it ever will, just think they are both too puck dominant.

Agreed on everything. The bottom 2 are really easy fixes at least. Just a matter of them making the changes

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Markstrom was great, Nico was great. Jack and Timo together looked like ass. Haula line was meh. Fourth line was solid. Great to see Casey out there. Again maybe I’m missing something but Jacks line looked like ass.

The score is misleading, things would be much different if Marky didn’t make that crazy paddle save. We gave up waaaay too many good looks, Sabres missed and whiffed on a ton of shots. We did do a good job on rebounds so that nice.

Markstrom was the difference for sure, a bit messy in our end and still plenty of stuff to work on be we’ll take it.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
Agreed on everything. The bottom 2 are really easy fixes at least. Just a matter of them making the changes
Yup, one will be fixed by Luke’s return. I think Keefe trying Timo/Jack for a few games is fine since the upside of that line would be incredible. Hopefully he pulls the plug of it looks rough.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad