GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Having a good goalie papers over a lot of sins, and it's just a one game sample, but our defense looks much more solid and purposeful than it ever did under Ruff. Encouraging to see.

I'm not seeing too many breakdowns or baffling failed clears.

Obviously some mistakes but that's going to happen to everyone. Just about limiting them

Reactions: Saugus

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think Kovacevic comes out when Pesce is back, and Casey comes out when Luke is healthy.

Kovacevic is a solid 7th defenseman but we probably don't want him playing every night. Casey is young, waiver protected, and can use the time in the AHL to develop. His game is also slightly redundant when Luke is there.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Didn't he say like 10 pounds?

iasip-dennis.gif

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I think Kovacevic comes out when Pesce is back, and Casey comes out when Luke is healthy.

Kovacevic is a solid 7th defenseman but we probably don't want him playing every night. Casey is young, waiver protected, and can use the time in the AHL to develop. His game is also slightly redundant when Luke is there.
I'm with you here. If it's Casey, he'll be back. Kid's a gamer and our D-core is shaping up great.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

This seems to make sense as Pesce is giving you some of the same stuff that Kovacevic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad