GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
About 90 dollars for the official Global series sweatshirt...hmmmm.

IMG_3892.jpeg

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
I think long-term it's best for the Devils to keep guys like Silayev and Casey on their rookie contracts for as long as possible, given how much $$$ we are about to pay for D after Luke and Nemec's extensions. I hope Dillon's play doesn't fall off a cliff. Kind of nice to have him now with the injuries though.
Casey will probably play until Pesce gets back from injury, then probably go down unless he is lights-out like Nemec was last year

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Devils fans, should I be picking up Seamus Casey in my deep fantasy league or am o reaching?
How deep lol...he'll likely be better in real life than fantasy, especially with Dougie and Hughes (when he returns) as the main PP QB's. But maybe you'll get some early season points with Hughes out if you have the roster room

And yeah there is also the possibility he goes down when Hughes comes back.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think long-term it's best for the Devils to keep guys like Silayev and Casey on their rookie contracts for as long as possible, given how much $$$ we are about to pay for D after Luke and Nemec's extensions. I hope Dillon's play doesn't fall off a cliff. Kind of nice to have him now with the injuries though.

FWIW I continue to believe that this is not a factor in their decision making, nor should it be.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
FWIW I continue to believe that this is not a factor in their decision making, nor should it be.

Casey's contract can't even slide. When Silayev comes over his contract also won't be able to be slid.

Reactions: RNCDevil

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
this will be my only downer post in this thread but I'm in the same boat. There's SO much in flux between the new players, new coach, all the travel and the hype... Hard to imagine a quick start to the season, and I can imagine a particularly sloppy couple games until they get back to the states.

But this is also gonna be a great bonding experience and a great litmus test for a new look Devils. No matter happens over the next couple days, I think it's clear everyone's gonna be looking back on the start of this season with fondness before too long.

as long as they don't look like they don't give a crap and / or lose so bad

Reactions: Hockey Sports Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad