GDT: We Back: Your New Jersey Devils vs. Buffalo Sabres, Global Series 2024 - Czechia, 1 PM ET, MSGSN (In Market), NHL Network (Out of Market)

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
We made it!
IMG_3598.jpeg

This should also be an opportunity for all of us to learn something:
IMG_3599.jpeg

LGD.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’d take a win in any way shape or form right out of the gate pretty or not

I'd prefer a loss where they look great over a win where they look like shit. They were winning games early last year where they looked like complete shit and I knew it'd catch up with them eventually. Start of 22-23 they actually looked good in their few losses and you knew there was something great in there.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
The store sold out of the Devils nesting dolls in Prague (60 sold), more of them in stock tomorrow. Few Sabres dolls sold. Devils fans have traveled well here.
I mean obviously. You get the chance to own a devils nesting doll from prague you just simply have to jump on it.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I'd prefer a loss where they look great over a win where they look like shit. They were winning games early last year where they looked like complete shit and I knew it'd catch up with them eventually. Start of 22-23 they actually looked good in their few losses and you knew there was something great in there.

Sure but I’m just factoring in new system and 2 key injuries on the back end. I don’t expect it to be pretty

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
in game 1 of the season? fuuuuuuuuuck that, I want points and I want them now.

The team is missing 2 of the top-4 on defense, learned a brand new system with an abridged offseason due to the global series nonsense. I'm not expecting them to look great on a consistent basis for the first month -- I just want points baby.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
I get the reasoning, and agree for the most part, but it being the first game, just get the damn win. IDC if they look like a bunch of Lucics out there just getting lucky bounces. So excited for the season to start, just give us a win and then start losing but playing right, or winning and playing right, whatever, just win the first one.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I care more about the xGFs than the actual GFs right now.

Judging by what Keefe was like in the Leafs Amazon doc from a few years ago I imagine he somewhat similarly to us being more concerned about the process

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Game is on MSG locally, right?

Also, anyone know how they handle the goal horn/music for these games? Do they celebrate goals for both teams (assuming that's the case) or the designated home team (Buffalo today, Devils tomorrow)?

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Who can post the flame kid? I'm at work (should've taken the day off) so can't post any images I have saved ... AT HOME. :mad:

LGD!!!! :devils

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
How messed up is this comment? Just win baby

RNCDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
My priorities, because there are some new pieces and a new coach:

1. Will they be the softest team in the whole world like last year? Or will they be fore-checking, winning battles and getting to the net? Because I know they can dangle, pass and enter the zone well...
2. Will the D allow slot shots and high danger chances from trailers or regular?
3. Will anyone stick up for Jack and Nico?

Reactions: guitarguyvic

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
My priorities, because there are some new pieces and a new coach:

1. Will they be the softest team in the whole world like last year? Or will they be fore-checking, winning battles and getting to the net? Because I know they can dangle, pass and enter the zone well...
2. Will the D allow slot shots and high danger chances from trailers or regular?
3. Will anyone stick up for Jack and Nico?

I think we have to accept that we are not a fast team anymore.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Sorry if posted but do we have a lineup yet? I heard Casey was playing at least one of the two games.

There's no reason to think it will be any different than what is posted on the main post. Keefe has kept these trios together virtually all preseason, as well as the defensive pairings. Seems like a safe bet that will be what we start with today.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad