OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to April & May

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Also note: Mike Seidel is leaving the Weather Channel for destination TBD..... that's according to old friend in New England Justin Michaels

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Also note: Mike Seidel is leaving the Weather Channel for destination TBD..... that's according to old friend in New England Justin Michaels
Yea he got laid off a few weeks ago. I love Mike Seidel. Honest and took the time to educate viewers without the sensationalism. I could see him going to work at the National Weather Service or getting hired to do freelance work. Major mistake on their part.

If you're interested, look up Mike Bettes and his experience during the El Reno tornado in 2013. Absolutely wild. Don't think he ever went back into the field after that.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Dropped off a friend at Nashville Airport after work. I haven't been there in several years, it looks a lot different now. There were some crazy storms moving through, and traffic was bonkers. I don't know how people stand to commute in that nonsense every day.

So thankful for my little four-mile commute.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Tennessee/Texas and a few others are either under the gun or starting recovery processing which is likely affecting New England tomorrow as that same front comes East

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
1000007375.jpg
"three mules" :laugh:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
most of Central/coastal Maine under Severe weather (Thunderstorm) watch until 7 pm;

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
All that rain has not washed away the cicadas. Those buggers are LOUD now.

My doctor told me she has a jeep and with the great temps the last few weeks, she had taken the doors and top off of it. Then on the way home the other night she got dive bombed by a herd of cicadas and almost ran off the road. Said she immediately told her husband everything was going back on the jeep :laugh:

I don't even like to open my sunroof right now lol

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

I used a barcode system to log everything I own when packing for my move. It is tedious and ultimately, items will be unpacked but when you live in tornado alley, this information is invaluble.

I still need to look into that. Did you say you got it off Amazon?

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena

I used a barcode system to log everything I own when packing for my move. It is tedious and ultimately, items will be unpacked but when you live in tornado alley, this information is invaluble.

Hah, I am the exact opposite. I always fight with my insurance carrier to lower the contents coverage level of my homeowners but I guess it is a percentage of the replacement value. Insanely high, everything is used except for the beds.

But I also hate insurance in general. I think it hurt more to add collision insurance to my wife's new car than it did to buy it. Still a $5k deductible like the house but I dont like it in principal!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I still need to look into that. Did you say you got it off Amazon?
Yes!

They are here: https://www.amazon.com/ToteScan-Pre-Printed-Stick-Labels-Count/dp/B07LF3XPLJ?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I got the large labels for the main bins and the smaller labels for the boxes I stored within the larger bin

You download the app and then scan the label and then start inventorying everything. You can scan items with barcodes and it might pull up the information but if it doesn't, I found that taking a photo of the item and putting a brief description in with where I got it worked.

If I need a copy of my inventory list, I can send it to my email from the app via pdf. Last I checked, It was an obscene number of pages because the app is very basic plus I have so much shit.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hah, I am the exact opposite. I always fight with my insurance carrier to lower the contents coverage level of my homeowners but I guess it is a percentage of the replacement value. Insanely high, everything is used except for the beds.

But I also hate insurance in general. I think it hurt more to add collision insurance to my wife's new car than it did to buy it. Still a $5k deductible like the house but I dont like it in principal!
I had a 70% loss due to a broken hot water heater so I wanted to avoid the hassle of guessing how much things cost if I ever had a claim again. I got fair value for my stuff but I know I could have gotten more.

I was also hit and run while parked last year to the tune of over $5k. a $1k deductible sucked but insurance paid everything else in full.

I am a firm believer in insurance and if I can pay for decent coverage, I will.

Reactions: Johnny Upton

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
I had a 70% loss due to a broken hot water heater so I wanted to avoid the hassle of guessing how much things cost if I ever had a claim again. I got fair value for my stuff but I know I could have gotten more.

I was also hit and run while parked last year to the tune of over $5k. a $1k deductible sucked but insurance paid everything else in full.

I am a firm believer in insurance and if I can pay for decent coverage, I will.
We had a tree fall and hit the house back in January. Thankfully the tree was too far away to cause major damage, but we did end up needing to have the roof replaced since it clipped the gutter and broke some of the wood. Our insurance paid for the repair minus our $1K deductible and they were really helpful with us throughout the process. Definitely happy we had the coverage that we did!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

The coverage amounts for other structures, contents & loss of use are based on a percentage of the amount of coverage on the dwelling. For example if your house is insured for $250000, your policy provides $25,000 for other structures, your contents is insured from $ 125,000 to $ 175000 depending on if you have replacement cost on the contents & $ 50000 for loss of use if you can't live in your house because of a covered claim.

Even if your contents are used items you should have replacement cost coverage on them. If your 20 year old refrigerator gets hit by lightning all you have to worry about is your deductible, no depreciation taken.

:teach:

Reactions: sooshii and Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad