Visit site
IMG_20240507_162429626.jpg

Our early afternoon visitor!!!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Just wait til it starts to heal. The yellow puke color is always a treat.

Keep elevating and you can use some aloe vera or vaseline on the scaly part.

You got lucky!

View attachment 866607
Our early afternoon visitor!!!!
What a gorgeous creature! I love these little trash pandas. I miss mine. She used to knock on my door asking for food. I always gave her food and water. I posted her on here a think. But I'll post again

20230429_202959.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just received a metric f*** ton of cables for the new house. Planning to wire up surround sound, a ceiling mounted projector, TV, gaming, all that jazz. The basement is gonna be a hip hoppening place to be. I'll do that myself. It's the one thing I can kinda control and kinda know what I'm doing, so I might as well. That, and flipping door lock orientations.

1100 sq ft of 22mil vinyl flooring just arrived. Main floor bathroom tile should be arriving this week.

We decided on an entertainment center, 3 pieces, white with natural wood tops/shelves, and a matching coffee table. Driving to Cedar Grove tonight to pick up the coffee table, already have one of the book cases, hoping to get the main console piece tonight or Friday. Facebook Marketplace kinda rules sometimes. Probably end up saving 4-5 hundo if it all works out.

The guy refinishing the floors is taking forever, but so far his patchwork has been really good, and he's a nice guy, so to me the timing isn't an issue. I'm a little nervous about the tone of the flooring since we are not staining anything, but I usually like a bit of an aged look so hopefully it's not horrible.

Kitchen might be going in next week, depending on floor guy. Some windows have been replaced. Driveway hopefully being paved within a week or so. Front porch handicap ramp being taken out. Mulch and plants purchased. Lots of little things happening too

I am excited. I am poor. Cannot wait to get the kids into this house and start terrorizing the new neighborhood.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Just received a metric f*** ton of cables for the new house. Planning to wire up surround sound, a ceiling mounted projector, TV, gaming, all that jazz. The basement is gonna be a hip hoppening place to be. I'll do that myself. It's the one thing I can kinda control and kinda know what I'm doing, so I might as well. That, and flipping door lock orientations.

1100 sq ft of 22mil vinyl flooring just arrived. Main floor bathroom tile should be arriving this week.

We decided on an entertainment center, 3 pieces, white with natural wood tops/shelves, and a matching coffee table. Driving to Cedar Grove tonight to pick up the coffee table, already have one of the book cases, hoping to get the main console piece tonight or Friday. Facebook Marketplace kinda rules sometimes. Probably end up saving 4-5 hundo if it all works out.

The guy refinishing the floors is taking forever, but so far his patchwork has been really good, and he's a nice guy, so to me the timing isn't an issue. I'm a little nervous about the tone of the flooring since we are not staining anything, but I usually like a bit of an aged look so hopefully it's not horrible.

Kitchen might be going in next week, depending on floor guy. Some windows have been replaced. Driveway hopefully being paved within a week or so. Front porch handicap ramp being taken out. Mulch and plants purchased. Lots of little things happening too

I am excited. I am poor. Cannot wait to get the kids into this house and start terrorizing the new neighborhood.

How does someone who worked at TD Garden afford all of that?

You're Charlie (Jacobs).

I know it, and so do you.

PS Fire Sweeney.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
How does someone who worked at TD Garden afford all of that?

You're Charlie (Jacobs).

I know it, and so do you.

PS Fire Sweeney.
I wish I still did! I made stupid money selling those Bud Lites. Some nights were more hourly, double, compared to the career I’ve been working for 15+ years.

While working, Charlie Jacobs bailed me out in a logistical emergency one time as well, so I can’t say anything bad about the guy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I wish I still did! I made stupid money selling those Bud Lites. Some nights were more hourly, double, compared to the career I’ve been working for 15+ years.

While working, Charlie Jacobs bailed me out in a logistical emergency one time as well, so I can’t say anything bad about the guy.
I like Charlie and hope he's in charge eventually.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We are getting a crap ton of rain. Flooding is everywhere, roads closed. We're under a flash flood warning for another 12 hours. :help: A big church less than a mile from here just opened a shelter.

This is beginning to feel like the 2010 Nashville flood which I have no desire to go through again.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We are getting a crap ton of rain. Flooding is everywhere, roads closed. We're under a flash flood warning for another 12 hours. :help: A big church less than a mile from here just opened a shelter.

This is beginning to feel like the 2010 Nashville flood which I have no desire to go through again.
Was coming to ask how you were doing. I hope that the flooding won’t be as bad as they say.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
No damages either at my place or at work. A friend posted on Facebook that during the first round of storms earlier in the day, they had two trees fall on their driveway. They were able to get it cleared, but then around 2:30 am they woke up to a loud noise only to discover that a large tree landed on two of their cars and their house. They think one car is probably totaled, not sure about other damages yet.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
same outbreak and a different location same as I posted yesterday.... prayers to all affected as this has now moved to SC/GA/FL....

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
No hummers have arrived here yet. Anyone else? We have seen orioles and usually they arrive around the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad