GDT: WCSF | VII | "How The West Was Won" | Oilers @ Canucks | 5.20.24 | 7:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skar

Jul 2, 2016

Ekholm is ready to go.

No lineup changes from the Knob

GO OILERS GO

༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ OILERS, TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Ekholm sounds much better today

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Canucks really struggle with an aggressive dump and chase on their big and slower D men. It was evident live now much they struggled handling the puck under a fast forecheck.

Getting multiple attackers on those slower D men quickly will go a long ways tonight.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Canucks really struggle with an aggressive dump and chase on their big and slower D men. It was evident live now much they struggled handling the puck under a fast forecheck.

Getting multiple attackers on those slower D men quickly will go a long ways tonight.
Most of their dmen look like they're laboring out there at this point and it's making them susceptible to the same thing the Oilers often are. That said the Oilers made adjustments to the Canucks forecheck after game 5 so I expect the same out of Vancouver tonight.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
A game 7 is the greatest thing to watch as a sports fan. It’s also the worst when your team is playing in it. Unless they win. ;)
I may do what I did for Game 6. I took a nap and I watched it on PVR an hour after start. I skipped through the anthem, Panel (although I usually mute them) and skipped all the commercials. Hockey and hockey only. Stayed off of here for that game until I finished watching.

Was way less stressful for me.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I may do what I did for Game 6. I took a nap and I watched it on PVR an hour after start. I skipped through the anthem, Panel (although I usually mute them) and skipped all the commercials. Hockey and hockey only. Stayed off of here for that game until I finished watching.

Was way less stressful for me.
I do that a lot in the regular season but playoffs I get more stressed not being live

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Jesus, the Canadian media is really throwing its weight behind the Canucks aren't they? Im listening to the newest 32 thoughts and its all glowing shit about the Canucks and how its all house money for them ( I guess they are picking up on Canucks fan language too) talking about how Tocchett if they win will be the beach of the year.

Reactions: frag2

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Most of their dmen look like they're laboring out there at this point and it's making them susceptible to the same thing the Oilers often are. That said the Oilers made adjustments to the Canucks forecheck after game 5 so I expect the same out of Vancouver tonight.

Their big D men looked quite slow and gassed going back for pucks on aggressive dump ins when we attacked with pace.

They aren’t great puck handlers but can defend the rush quite well when things are in front of them. Dump and chase is effective getting behind them or forcing them into panicked puck handling and absorbing hits.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Stop freaking out with built in excuses
We have this, the Canucks are done.
The only real question is if we fly directly to Dallas after the game tonight.
Yup, too much hysteria and loser talk focusing on the refs. Watch Ekholm and McDavid's pressers and take comfort in their approach to a business trip. There's not been carryover momentum so this resets in a building that will be fire. Key for me is win face-offs and control the puck, mitigate Canuckles flank shooting and an elevated L1 Petterrssen. Play with the lead. In the words of the great Philosopher Yoda. "No try not. Do or do not, there is no try."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad