GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Almost feels like a reverse of game 5. Canucks with a couple of powerplays and they end up shifting momentum in the Oilers after good kills.

Bond

May 10, 2012
I still think Edmonton/McDavid will win the cup in only a matter of time. I said after last playoffs sometime in the next 3 years. So there’s still 2 more to see if I’m right if they don’t do it this year. It’ll probably happen in a year where McDavid scores more than 2 goals in 11 playoff games.

But Holland being outta there hopefully helps. Guy is the most overachieving GM of all time I think. He wasn’t a bad GM (he certainly is now) in his career, but he wasn’t a legend either. He inherited the stacked Wings borderline dynasty straight off a cup from Jim Devallano. I give him credit for the 08 cup team and part of the 02 team, but he got more accolades in his career than he should have.
I think they are cooked unless they get it done next year but they have no cap, a crappy defense, and bad goalies. Too much to fix in the year they have left with Draisaitl’s contract

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think they are cooked unless they get it done next year but they have no cap, a crappy defense, and bad goalies. Too much to fix in the year they have left with Draisaitl’s contract
One other thing

My declaration that they’d win one of the next 3 cups was also contingent on them keeping both of those guys.

If one or both are gone then all bets are off.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I still think Edmonton/McDavid will win the cup in only a matter of time. I said after last playoffs sometime in the next 3 years. So there’s still 2 more to see if I’m right if they don’t do it this year. It’ll probably happen in a year where McDavid scores more than 2 goals in 11 playoff games.

But Holland being outta there hopefully helps. Guy is the most overachieving GM of all time I think. He wasn’t a bad GM (he certainly is now) in his career, but he wasn’t a legend either. He inherited the stacked Wings borderline dynasty straight off a cup from Jim Devellano. I give him credit for the 08 cup team and part of the 02 team, but he got more accolades in his career than he should have.

Eh can't say I agree with this at all. Oilers are just very poorly built...they make it to the 2nd round / WCF because they have the best player in the world and potentially the 2nd best player but their supporting cast, coaching and management has always been trash. I don't think they will...I do think McDavid may with another team.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Hyman : fans on the glorious opportunity
Simpson : great play by the Oilers

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Eh can't say I agree with this at all. Oilers are just very poorly built...they make it to the 2nd round / WCF because they have the best player in the world and potentially the 2nd best player but their supporting cast, coaching and management has always been trash. I don't think they will...I do think McDavid may with another team.
I definitely think he’s winning a cup at some point.

Even if it isn’t here. I do think they can still do it here in the next 3 years (between this year and 2026) if they keep both guys.

If one or both guys are gone then blow it up.

Things should be better with Kenny outta power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad