GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Honestly, whoever wins this series I’m hoping for to win it all. I was a little mad that everyone thought the Oilers would steam roll us, but I’m over that.

I hope we win tonight. The hardest game of the season is 1 hour away.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
If the Canucks win this series, then I am personally looking forward to the transition from "regular season means nothing!" to "Canucks struggled against the Stars in the regular season" as a reason why they're definitely going to lose the WCF.

They went 1-1-1

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I’m kind of surprised the Oilers won’t even try Campbell? I get he blows but when it could possibly be your last game, I don’t really know why Skinner is any better but admittedly I haven’t followed Campbell in the AHL. Goalies catch fire all the time — I’m not saying it’s a good long term idea just curious on why.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I’m kind of surprised the Oilers won’t even try Campbell? I get he blows but when it could possibly be your last game, I don’t really know why Skinner is any better but admittedly I haven’t followed Campbell in the AHL. Goalies catch fire all the time — I’m not saying it’s a good long term idea just curious on why.
Campbell ship sailed along time ago .

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think its because they might want to win the game lol

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
yes lets put a guy in net that got lit up all season, got lit up in the AHL in a must win game, where Skinner and Pickard got them to where they are, if he was any good he would be playing
I mean is it really any worse than Skinner when a) he sucks and b) the team doesn’t believe in him. Campbell has good playoffs numbers, it’s not like losing by 8 goals is any different than losing by 3 in the end result. I’m being hyperbolic, but maybe it shakes up the Oilers to play to accommodate his style.

What they’re doing isn’t working so I just think it’s a better plan than stack McDrai and hope the refs aren’t drunk.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Remember when Holland played 4D chess and passed on Wallstedt in the draft

I don't see how the Oilers drafting a guy with 3 career NHL games would help them in the here and now. He could be really good in a few years, but no help right now.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I’m gonna be real with everyone even Oilers fans:

Is there any point in time when you’re in the playoffs where the soul crushing dread of failure consumes your every fibre of being finally dissipates and playoffs become fun? It’s been so long I don’t remember I honestly cannot tell if I’m having fun or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad