GDT: WCSF | VI | "Because It's The Cusp" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Eh, I think most Canucks fans wouldn't be acting the way they are if they were playing any team other than Edmonton, most were just happy to be here in the Preds series.

Oiler fans were enemy #1 for coming into every Canuck related thread, or mainboard GDT to talk about how the Canucks are frauds, PDO, they'll never win the division, they'll lose in r1, the Oilers will get revenge etc.

I also think it's pretty normal for fans of a breakout team to want to be taken seriously. It's also normal for others to be skeptical, but Oilers were by far the worst, and downright delusional at times.
I gave Nashville fans lots of respect . I had no problems with them or their team. This is just a Oilers thing. We are mortal enemies . There isn't enough room in the world for the 2 of us. or something like that .

torple

Oct 10, 2011
In a vacuum sure, this is hardly the only instance of Vancouver fans doing something along these lines. It's been this way since 2010, most recently this season.

Everyone knows ESPN has no idea what they're talking about
I'll agree my fellow Canucks fans are up there in insecurity (boys, please slow down on making threads in the main forum) but dunking on that ESPN screenshot is quite fun and any fanbase would definitely keep track of such a landslide in predictions

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We have been shit on and doubted all year. We have a chip on our shoulders .

Predicted to be at the bottom of the division to start the season .
Predicted to be unsustainable and will fall off as the season goes.
Predicted to be the most likely team to be upset in the 1st round
Predicted to get stomped out in 4-5 games by the Oilers.
IF WE WIN and go to the next round everyone is predicting us to get destroyed by the Stars.

Not sure I'd call us insecure but we certainly are proving the haters wrong and throwing it in their faces.

This is also the second series in a row the Canucks have been involved in where I’ve heard commentators say: “Well no matter who win this series, they are getting steamrolled in the next round.”

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I gave Nashville fans lots of respect . I had no problems with them or their team. This is just a Oilers thing. We are mortal enemies . There isn't enough room in the world for the 2 of us. or something like that .
In all fairness there is no room in the world for any fans of Canadian teams vs another Canadian team. Lolol at most the fans from the east might tolerate fans from the west and vice versa.

But no way you gonna get fans of Canucks flames and oilers to get along. That's straight hate amongst each other

Last edited:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
They found Kevin Bieksa unconscious after tea and he was swiftly taken away to hospital where he remains in a coma due to sleeping pills. Wait, that was Kate Middleton. Where's Kevin?

Reactions: Summer Rose

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Nashville was the hottest team in the league post all star break, they had an 18 game point streak and were one of the most potent offences in the league in that time frame, the Canucks gave them pretty much nothing.

Nashville wasn't bad. They were a lot better than Tampa this year.
We have a chip on our shoulders because we have doubted the hater wrong every at every turn this season. Is what it is. If you don't like it too bad. You are the one here crying about it.

The hate honestly makes it more fun. I wouldn't have it any other way .
They would've been every Western Conference team's first choice to play in the 1st round. They were a #7 seed and it showed in the playoffs. Vancouver is a good team is all i'm saying, the chip on your shoulder's is annoying and always comes up in threads despite them not making a prior deep run or beating any very good teams so far.

We'll see if they get past Edmonton and we'll see if they can make it 5 games past Dallas if/when they do. They've done a nice job of containing McDavid so far I'll give them that but they going up against Skinner has been a luxury.

Reactions: Summer Rose

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
54dyVb8.gif

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Whichever team loses tonight I hope it’s not because of a blatantly blown call like in last nights Colorado-Dallas game. Neither fanbase deserves that as both are passionate and have stuck with their teams through thick and thin. Mostly thin!
Let it be a relatively well reffed game and let the chips fall where it they may.
Haven't you heard? The entire oilers team has the sniffles and our big bad nucks were always the favourites because of the regular season. Source, oilers HF.

See Canucks fans already blaming refs for the loss before puck drop lolol
See oilers fans blaming the sniffles and now acting like they were always the underdogs.
What a far cry from the first few pages right?

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Haven't you heard? The entire oilers team has the sniffles and our big bad nucks were always the favourites because of the regular season. Source, oilers HF.

See oilers fans blaming the sniffles and now acting like they were always the underdogs.
What a far cry from the first few pages right?
Oilers have boneitis

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
We have been shit on and doubted all year. We have a chip on our shoulders .

Predicted to be at the bottom of the division to start the season .
Predicted to be unsustainable and will fall off as the season goes.
Predicted to be the most likely team to be upset in the 1st round
Predicted to get stomped out in 4-5 games by the Oilers.
IF WE WIN and go to the next round everyone is predicting us to get destroyed by the Stars.

Not sure I'd call us insecure but we certainly are proving the haters wrong and throwing it in their faces.
If the Canucks win this series, then I am personally looking forward to the transition from "regular season means nothing!" to "Canucks struggled against the Stars in the regular season" as a reason why they're definitely going to lose the WCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad